Henrique Rusca Queiroz de Moraes
Verified Expert in Engineering
Henrique is passionate about leveraging great architectures and machine learning to empower businesses. He has worked from complex TSP algorithms, geospatial indexing, event-driven designs to financial combinatorics and deep learning text extraction. Henrique is driven by sharing knowledge with a great product team and bringing value in places not imagined before.
PyCharm, WebStorm, Bash, Slack, Teams, GoLand
The most amazing...
...feats have been a fintech engineering design pitch to VCs, second place national logistics hackathon, and speaking at the International Logistics Conference.
- Pitched our engineering design to VCs during investment rounds.
- Hired the product and engineering team, conducting interviews and tests.
- Wrote a chatbot solution to advance receivables through WhatsApp. Also, I implemented a combinatorics algorithm to elect a near-optimal combination of receivables that adds to the desired value.
- Implemented deep learning integration to extract information from the employees' payslips.
- Authored the underlying financial code of the company.
- Oversaw the implementation of the receivables advance product.
- Invited to speak at Antecipa, a receivables advance company.
- Oversaw the implementation of the payroll loan product.
- Led the open-source squad of the company. Structured the squad's goals in OKRs and laid a six-month implementation plan.
- Invited to act as head of technology on the Itaú front, the largest national bank.
- Proposed a graph-based architecture using Neptune to map infrastructure resources on applications for the Orange Stack project.
- Invited to talk at a leadership debate on The Developer Conference (TDC).
- Laid the groundwork and led the implementation of onboarding automation to reduce the setup lead time of incoming Zuppers.
- Held one-on-ones with the team members and built their IDPs to accelerate their careers.
- Wrote the entire back-end system single-handedly with Mongo, around 400 automated tests, 85% coverage, payment gateway, Metabase embedded analytics (Total Milhas, flight miles marketplace that currently trades 10 million miles a month).
- Acted as PM on the Total Milhas project, holding meetings with stakeholders, leading engineers, and proposing automation to increase the company's bottom line.
- Implemented a scalable flight search infrastructure on GCP and production database migration to an Atlas cluster to support 100 times more traffic for partner integration.
- Architected an ERP-like solution to manage stocks and sales of a high-circulation fashion magazine, Elle magazine in Brazil.
- Led the development team of a job-hunting platform. I proposed an approved architecture with CircleCI, AWS Fargate, and SQS for messaging between crawlers and workers (Trampos.co).
- Wrote a crawler that uses digital certificates to automate the download of hundreds of fiscal documents of clients of an accounting firm (Contabil Lima).
- Architected an app that allows employees to post medical leaves online to be reviewed by doctors.
- Wrote the entire core of the parcel sorting system on Django, allowing the company to withstand the spike in demand during Black Friday.
- Acted as a speaker at World Mail Express, a worldwide C-level logistics conference in Miami.
- Structured and presented Loggi's first design review to implement and roll out a loss rate reduction project throughout all expedition centers in the country, besides overseeing the project implementation.
- Conducted rollout of new features on expedition centers and ensured communication across squads.
- Worked on most of the rearchitecture to separate the data access layer from the domain using protocol buffers and minimize request latency.
- Was responsible for the operational tech and deliverables of all expedition centers of the company.
- Implemented several features on the operational PWA app of the company and raised its coverage from 0% to 85%.
Co-founder | Tech Lead
- Developed and deployed iOS mobile and tablet applications to manage students' activities in K-12 schools.
- Implemented most part of a Kahoot-like live audience engagement platform using Socket.io for real-time communication. The proposal was to enable lecturers, teachers, and speakers to better engage their audience.
- Showcased the company's app on edtech conferences such as Orlando's FETC and São Paulo's Educare.
- Designed the back end on Mongo and Node.js of a rewards program platform for malls.
- Worked on a multichannel platform to message and track records via SMS, email, voice call, and social networks.
- Presented the app to client schools, and discussed strategy with the commercial team and consulting group.
Ritchie CLI Tech Lead
Also, I Led the team on the roadmap of the product, discussed open-source approaches with the company's board, wrote the enterprise version of the CLI with GraphQL subscriptions, and presented the software in workshops and conferences.
2nd Place National Export Logistics Hackathonhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YPQv-I3cC4
Video link of the competition on the project URL.
Total Milhas Flight Miles Marketplace
I single-handedly wrote the entire back-end system of Total Milhas. Also, I acted as PM on the project, holding meetings with stakeholders, leading engineers, and proposing automation to increase the company's bottom line.
My technical contributions were:
• Business logic implementation and database modeling on MongoDB
• Over 400 automated tests with over 85% coverage
• Integrations with virtual credit card companies
• Miles flight search bots
• Captcha-breaking bots on cron jobs to update user account balances
• Payment gateway integration, batch emission of bank slips, boletos
• Hosting on a self-designed lightweight containerized architecture on Digital Ocean.
• Provisioning of Metabase analytics to create dashboards for operational visibility, which formerly was based on excel sheets.
• Contribution and revision of three front-end React projects that comprise the company's products
• Successful production database migration to an Atlas cluster
• Scalable flight search infrastructure on GCP to support 100 times more traffic for a partner integration
Django, NestJS, Redux, Next.js, Express.js
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Puppeteer, S2 Geometry Library, Scikit-learn
CircleCI, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), WebStorm, GoLand, Sentry, Mongoose, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Terraform, Papertrail, Grafana, PyCharm, Slack, Sequelize, Cron
Testing, Event-driven Architecture, Scrum
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mobile
MongoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, mSQL, Google Cloud
CI/CD Pipelines, TypeORM, Serverless, Leadership, GitHub Actions, Logistics, Last Mile Logistics, Web Crawlers, Web Scraping, Scraping, File Systems, Metabase, Operating Systems, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Combinatorics, Finance, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Subscriptions, OCR, Micronaut, Neptune, Design Systems, Miro, Teams, App Store, Apollo, Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP), User Interface (UI), APIs, Web Security, Open Source, PWA, Payment APIs, Card Payments, Payment Gateways, Bots, Integration, Full-stack, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Architecture, API Gateways, Amazon Route 53
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Duke University - Durham, NC, United States
AWS Certified Machine Learning - Specialty
Amazon Web Services
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring