Verified Expert in Engineering
Henry is a software engineer with 9+ years of hands-on experience. He is currently a senior software engineer at Paystack (the leading fintech in Africa and a subsidiary of Stripe), where he builds different financial solutions. He was a senior software engineer at LawPavilion, a legal tech company in Nigeria, and was later promoted to manage the engineering department. A tech enthusiast, Henry has mastered a range of technologies. He enjoys learning as much as he enjoys coaching.
The most amazing...
...thing I've achieved was creating a working system and engineering process at my former company as an engineering manager.
Senior Software Engineer
- Create direct integrations with card schemes (Mastercard and Visa) to increase reliability and the company's profitability.
- Owned the successful implementation of 2FA for recurring charges on cards. This brought in more PIV for companies with recurring charges completely turned off due to high fraud ratios.
- Implemented and integrated a custom fraud service that replaced the company's legacy fraud service. This fraud detector decreased our false positives by 58%. I continue to maintain this service.
- Carried out periodic investigations and fixed identified bugs for the fraud risk and refunds team.
- Brainstormed the best ways to mitigate fraud risks while ensuring businesses are not negatively impacted.
- Crafted many technical specs for now-implemented and to-be-done projects.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Adaria Vending Services Limited
- Developed the application solo that got data from different vending management services by automatically scheduling a sync or by manual entry, then aggregated all the data and presented it in a human-friendly way to the users.
- Researched and implemented the integration of Power Bi dashboards into a Laravel web app.
- Created a scalable foundation for the project. This ensures the application can grow, even without my presence on the team. This was achieved by implementing a modular design.
Software Engineering Manager | Lead Software Engineer
- Developed metrics for productivity tracking without spying or infringing on engineers’ privacy.
- Standardized the engineering team and work process by enforcing strict yet flexible, when necessary, adherence to the Scrum Agile framework.
- Identified fast-learning interns and created a workforce pool for the company.
- Worked with team leads and HR to improve engineers' welfare, ensuring they were productive and mentally fit.
- Aided the team in meeting deadlines by actively writing code.
- Architected and documented REST APIs, sometimes using Postman for documentation and Laravel or Lumen for APIs.
- Doubled as a DevOps engineer to manage and architect cloud virtual private service (VPS) orchestrations and auto-deployment using GitLab CI/CD and some shell scripts.
- Headed the machine learning team and developed consumable APIs for created models with Python 3.
Senior Software Developer
- Built plugins in Yii for some other Yii projects that could not be converted because of their size.
- Maintained, optimized, and proposed cloud infrastructure to aid optimal delivery and auto-deployment.
- Proposed and maintained app containerization on both staging and production servers.
- Built and maintained a number of in-house applications using Angular, Vue.js, jQuery, CSS3, Laravel, and Lumen.
- Built a fully custom CRM that was almost as huge in capabilities as an ERP. Architected the database structure while putting scalability foremost amongst other applications.
- Wrote over 75% of software using Laravel and jQuery while paying attention to the usage of web-optimized images, other assets, and inline documentation.
- Contributed to the development of pricing and vendor selection algorithms.
- Interpreted the algorithm to pseudocode and functional code using PHP.
- Proposed and built an e-wallet platform within the application for vendors and partners.
Laravel, Express.js, Symfony, Yii, Sails.js, CodeIgniter
Node.js, REST APIs, jQuery
Git, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Postman, GitHub, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Shell, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Microsoft Power BI
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Scrum, DevOps, Agile
MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
Architecture, Software Development, Software Architecture, APIs, Solution Architecture, Payment APIs, Online Payments, Payment Gateways, Digital Payments, eCommerce, Software Deployment, Leadership, Technical Leadership, CI/CD Pipelines, Shell Scripting, Laravel Forge, Communication
Linux, Apache2, Docker, Dokku, MacOS, Apache Kafka, Azure
Bachelor's Degree in English Language
Obafemi Awolowo University - Nigeria