Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance (QA) Developer
Herman has a decade of experience under his belt, specializing in testing and writing intelligent frameworks by providing pertinent information that transforms decision-making. Herman discovered a backdoor to a custom application allowing fraudulent transactions to occur, saving the client millions of dollars in potential losses. He writes custom performance framework solutions from Java to Python behavior-driven development for financial services. His solutions are scalable and clean.
IntelliJ IDEA, Unix, Windows, PyCharm
The most amazing...
...error I discovered was a backdoor to a custom application allowing fraudulent transactions to occur. This saved millions of dollars in potential losses.
Senior Tech Lead
- Developed a test framework in Python from scratch to support testers, developers, and business users. This allowed us to increase testing; 489 test cases scaled across 200 plus markets.
- Built our first continuous integration pipeline that enabled an efficient development cycle, which shortened delivery time from two weeks to two hours.
- Scaled testing framework to other products and divisions to unify testing efforts. Supported 13 different products and four divisions under one framework.
- Led a local team of eight and a international team of seven with the initial objective to adopt and utilize a home-grown test framework.
DevOps - VP
- Improved performance of Cucumber tests by more than half running at 1.35 tests/second.
- Setup new testing environments to deploy for manual and automated assisted testing.
- Rebuilt an analytics testing framework to compare numbers against legacy and current build versions.
- Defined new pipelines that exposes code that gets delivered and deployed to production.
Deputy Practice Head
- Built a Bootstrap framework in Java to accelerate the onboarding of test automation for new clients. Onboarding time was reduce from a month to a week. This was built for front-end testing such as Selenium and supported multiple browsers.
- Led and expanded testing frameworks to other interfaces using proven methodologies—this parallelized onboarding time and each new test framework that we supported. Additional interfaces supported were REST APIs and a custom Java interface.
- Ensured timely deliverables through executable contracts in which customers can run themselves, hardening confidence of lasting value that shortened the time needed to close out contracts.
- Managed a team of five to lead client engagements in testing requirements and efforts.
Officer of Middle Office
- Developed an integrated quality assurance dashboard which unified regression reports, provided event tracking, logging and notification system. Built an API and a web interface for increased accessibility.
- Implemented a custom-based concurrent performance test and framework for a new high-volume data project.
- Renovated legacy frameworks, improved test performance by over 325%, while keeping coverage and functionality.
BDD Python Testing Framework
Triple Interface Cross Validation
Sports Prediction Strategy
Python, Python 3, Java
Selenium WebDriver, REST APIs, Node.js
Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, FPGA
Jenkins, PyCharm, IntelliJ IDEA, Behave, Apache Tomcat, Bloomberg
Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
Windows, Unix, Nexus