Founder2010 - PRESENTCrowdtest
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon S3
- Founded Crowdtest, a service that gives money and rewards to users willing to find software defects in web, desktop, and mobile apps. Our user base allows developers, startups, and enterprises radically decrease their costs when testing software.
- Managed all projects at Crowdtest.
- Specified and tested the Crowdtest Platform developed in Ruby on Rails + MySQL.
- Configured Ubuntu Linux + Apache2 + Passenger to run the application in Amazon EC2. The database I configured was Amazon RDS.
- Estimated effort and monitored test execution for every project.
Founder2005 - PRESENTBase2
Technologies: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestComplete, Atlassian Jira, Mantis, TestLink, JMeter
- Founded Base2 Technology, a company focused in software testing, in March of 2005. It offers software testing services to the regional market. It is established in Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.
- Took on many roles in the software testing environment, including tester, test automation developer, test analyst, test consultant, and software test manager. During the last few years, my activities have been concentrated in HR management, project management, test management, and consulting.
- Worked with clients and companies of many sizes and industries, such as health insurance, car rental, banking, software development, eCommerce, education, transport, and energy.
- Oversaw test effort estimation and some test specifications. Also managed the development of our test automation framework based on Selenium WebDriver.
- Built most test scripts in Java.
Project Manager2004 - 2007Imprensa Oficial do Estado de Minas Gerais/Qualiconsult
Technologies: Ubuntu Linux, SELinux, LVS, DRDB, Heartbeat, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Bash, Bacula, Nagios
- Worked with many relevant technologies, including Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux), threat modeling, attack trees, Linux Virtual Server (LVS), Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD), Heartbeat, monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios), backup tools (e.g. Bacula), and more.
- Aimed at the establishment of a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) completely based on open and free software. This mission critical PKI will be applied to most of Minas Gerais State services offered to citizens.
- Collaborated with the team that was responsible for the network and operating systems infrastructure. Among the tasks performed were threat modeling of the entire PKI, workload characterization (modeling of user behavior using statistical distributions). A high-availability database and other virtual services were implemented.
Manager, UFMG Open Source Laboratory2002 - 2004Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
Technologies: Linux (many distros, Ubuntu, Debian, Mandrake, Fedora, Gentoo), Bash, MySQL, Mosix, PostgreSQL, Apache Web Server, LDAP, NFS, Samba, DHCP Server, Bind (DNS) server, MTAs (Postfix, Qmail)
- Relevant technologies: Linux (Red Hat, Fedora, Debian), Linux Kernel, firewalls, MTA (Qmail, Postfix), Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), Apache Web Server, LDAP, NFS, Samba, among others.
- Led the team responsible for building a special Linux distribution in a partnership with the city hall technology company, Prodabel. This distribution, called Libertas, was installed through the municipal education system. Nowadays its the official Linux distribution of the city hall. The Federal University of Minas Gerais Open Source Laboratory was responsible for important initiatives, like this one, to spread the use of open source solutions through our country. Its most famous project was the popular computer, built with Linux as its operation system.