Contract Software Engineer2021 - 2021Curative
Technologies: React, TypeScript, Python, Celery, Mapbox, PostgreSQL
- Increased user features to find COVID-19 testing and vaccines locations on an interactive map and configure location info shown on a detail page.
- Improved the software and fixed the bugs by initiating research interviews with nurses and scribes who used the software on a vaccination site.
- Built back-end APIs and used React and TypeScript to contribute to the front end.
Contract Software Engineer2019 - 2020The New York Times
Technologies: Slackbot, Cloud Firestore, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Python 3, Asyncio
- Built a Slackbot prototype for public launch to improve user-sharing articles on Slack, with custom unfurl showing curated content and top links.
- Created a cloud pipeline and storage architecture to orchestrate compute-heavy conversions with a flexible API optimized for ML iteration speed.
- Collaborated with design, senior editor, copy, and engineers to communicate goals and progress frequently, adapting the scope while learning from each prototype.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2018Dropbox
Technologies: Git, Go, Python, Microservices, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Bazel
- Designed and built micro-service infrastructure to preview user content, migrated all traffic with 10+ thousand RPS, and refactored and deleted legacy code to improve the new service's availability, extensibility, observability, and security.
- Led the team technically and stepped in as a manager periodically while producing more code than anyone on the team.
- Led the previews team for years while collaborating with numerous units, from features and emails for the photo-oriented Carousel product to the cloud document Paper product.