Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - PRESENTHeatcraft Refrigeration Products (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java EE, Java, WebDAV, Microsoft Excel, Node.js, TypeScript, React, CSS, Velocify, DotCMS
- Developed a new online catalog of refrigeration products.
- Implemented an initial prototype in React, and integrated static HTML and CSS provided by UIX designers.
- Implemented production version in DotCMS/Velocity, and developed a custom Java DotCMS plugin to support product catalog functionality.
- Developed custom Node.js scripts to aid deployment of production artifacts: Velocity templates, Java plugin binaries, and product data.
- Developed custom Node.js scripts for parsing Excel files containing product data and transforming them into production format.
Web and Back-Office Developer2019 - 2020Brisbane Capital (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java EE, Java, Docker, MongoDB, Express.js, Node.js, Angular, MySQL, JSF, Jakarta EE
- Maintained and developed a back-office application for Injury Loans company.
- Maintained and developed an online application portal.
- Developed new Angular/Express website, integrated with back-office applications.
- Delivered ad-hoc reports, customized standard reports.
- Deployed all applications to docker containers, maintained application launch shell scripts.
Kotlin Back-end Team Lead2019 - 2020Virtual Bank at Standard Chartered Bank, Hong Kong (remote)
Technologies: Java EE, Java, Apache Kafka, JPA, Spring, Kotlin
- Created REST back-end endpoint to facilitate domestic payments.
- Implemented multiple micro services, backed by Kafka asynchronous communication.
- Ensured high unit test coverage and integration testing.
- Served as the team lead and provided code reviews.
- Integration with 3rd party bank and payment service APIs.
Java Software Engineer2015 - 2018Real Life Sciences, Inc.
Technologies: Java EE, SWT, Apache Spark, Spring Boot, Java
- Developed a high performance text parsing service.
- Customized an existing desktop GUI of data anonymizer application.
- Provided consultations related to building and integration of Java processes.
PHP Software Engineer2014 - 2018V-Lottery Systems GmbH
Technologies: Akka, Scala, Docker, CentOS, Redis, jQuery, MySQL, Zend Framework, PHP
- Developed two online casino websites.
- Inherited and reverse-engineered an old PHP project.
- Performed major clean up, removed massive amount of duplicate code, introduced enterprise ready improvements.
- Continuously deployed new features, while maintaining virtually zero downtime.
- Developed and secured all features related to financial transactions.
- Developed a high volume remote financial transaction API.
- Established data retention procedures.
- Performed code review and mentoring of junior developers.
Java Software Engineer2010 - 2014Swiss Re
Technologies: Java EE, Java, IBM WebSphere, IBM Mainframe, IBM Db2, Swing, Hibernate, EJB, Spring
- Implemented a proprietary data store.
- Implemented batch processing of financial data.
- Migrated, improved, and consolidated existing COBOL solution to Java.
- Created whole design and implemented from scratch.
- Improved performance by continuous profiling.
- Performed testing, release planning, and created documentation.
- Improved end-user experience by introducing web and desktop GUI.
Java Developer2007 - 2009FINAMIS s.r.o.
Technologies: Java EE, Java, IBM Rational, GWT, Swing, JSF, Hibernate, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, WebSphere, JBoss, EJB
- Developed private banking and financial portfolio management software.
- Implemented business functionalities according to documentation.
- Led development of GWT web client.
- Maintained and improved an in-house build and deployment platform.
Java Developer2004 - 2006Siemens Enterprise Communications
Technologies: Java EE, Java, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Swing, Berkeley DB, JMX, MQSeries, JMS, IBM Db2
- Worked on-site at client (bank), performed analysis of internal systems.
- Developed custom adapters for identity management solution.
- Developed access to legacy systems, which did not expose any reasonable API.
- Consulted and supported definitions of processes, roles and rules.
- Created a custom billing solution for a telecommunication company.
- Optimized performance of both new and existing solutions.
- Developed management tools.
PHP developer2004 - 2004TURKTICARET.NET A.Ş.
Technologies: XTemplate, HTML, MySQL, Apache, PHP
- Took an AIESEC working traineeship in a foreign software company.
- Developed multiple web sites for small and middle sized companies.
- Developed custom CMS for every website.
- Provided English translations.