Web and Back-Office Developer2019 - PRESENTBrisbane Capital (via Toptal)
Technologies: J2EE, JSF, MySQL, Angular, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Docker
- Maintained and developed a back-office application for Injury Loans company.
- Maintained and developed an online application portal.
- Developed new Angular/Express website.
- Delivered ad-hoc reports.
Kotlin Back-end Team Lead2019 - 2020Virtual Bank at Standard Chartered Bank, Hong Kong (remote)
Technologies: Kotlin, Spring, JPA, Kafka
- Created REST backend endpoint to facilitate domestic payments.
- Implemented multiple micro services, backed by Kafka asynchronous communication.
- Ensured high unit test coverage and integration testing.
- Served as the team lead and provided code reviews.
- Integration with 3rd party bank and payment service APIs.
Java Software Engineer2015 - 2018Real Life Sciences, Inc.
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Apache Spark, SWT, Ruby, Rails
- Developed a high performance text parsing service.
- Customized an existing desktop UI.
PHP Software Engineer2014 - 2018V-Lottery Systems GmbH
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework, MySQL Enterprise Edition 5.7, jQuery, Redis, Centos, Docker, Scala, Akka
- Developed two online casino websites.
- Inherited and reverse-engineered an old PHP project.
- Performed major clean up, removed massive amount of duplicate code, introduced enterprise ready improvements.
- Continuously deployed new features, while maintaining virtually zero downtime.
- Developed and secured all features related to financial transactions.
- Developed a high volume remote financial transaction API.
- Established data retention procedures.
- Performed code review and mentoring of junior developers.
Java Software Engineer2010 - 2014Swiss Re
Technologies: Java, Spring, EJB, Hibernate, Swing, DB2, IBM Mainframe, IBM Websphere, IBM Compute Grid
- Implemented a proprietary data store.
- Implemented batch processing of financial data.
- Migrated, improved, and consolidated existing COBOL solution to Java.
- Created whole design and implemented from scratch.
- Improved performance by continuous profiling.
- Performed testing, release planning, and created documentation.
- Improved end-user experience by introducing web and desktop GUI.
Java Developer2007 - 2009FINAMIS s.r.o.
Technologies: Java, EJB, JBoss, Websphere, MSSQL, Oracle, Hibernate, JSF, Swing, GWT, IBM Rational
- Developed private banking and financial portfolio management software.
- Implemented business functionalities according to documentation.
- Led development of GWT web client.
- Maintained and improved an in-house build and deployment platform.
Java Developer2004 - 2006Siemens Enterprise Communications
Technologies: Java, Sun One AS, Sun Identity Manager, DB2, JMS, MQSeries, JMX, Berkeley DB, Swing, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hibernate
- Worked on-site at client (bank), performed analysis of internal systems.
- Developed custom adapters for identity management solution.
- Developed access to legacy systems, which did not expose any reasonable API.
- Consulted and supported definitions of processes, roles and rules.
- Created a custom billing solution for a telecommunication company.
- Optimized performance of both new and existing solutions.
- Developed management tools.
PHP developer2004 - 2004TURKTICARET.NET A.Ş.
Technologies: PHP, Apache, MySQL, HTML, XTemplate
- Took an AIESEC working traineeship in a foreign software company.
- Developed multiple web sites for small and middle sized companies.
- Developed custom CMS for every website.
- Provided English translations.