Team Lead2015 - PRESENTTruecaller
Technologies: Java, Kotlin, Android
- Actively contributed to one of the most downloaded, used, and loved utility apps in the world, with 500+ million installs, 250+ million active users, and a 4.5-star rating.
- Led an agile, cross-functional team of 17 people to deliver the Truecaller messaging experience, with responsibilities ranging from sole contribution to engineering processes, recruitment, performance assessments, and personal development.
- Improved the agile processes of the team by introducing QA @ Speed, an optimization of the delivery pipeline by better utilization of the available resources.
- Developed scalable features fully written in Kotlin using modern architectural patterns with full test coverage and automation.
- Contributed to the creation of a lightweight, powerful, and easy-to-use single sign-in library: TrueSDK.
- Contributed to the creation of the company's values and their integration into the company's culture.
Lead Android Developer2010 - PRESENTFreelancer
Technologies: iOS, React, Java, Kotlin, Android
- Created TweetsPie, a Twitter utility app for displaying the best tweets from your timeline based on a complex ranking algorithm, dependent on the number of retweets, favorites, time elapsed, reach, and relevance to the user.
- Contributed to PK Rewards, an app that revolutionizes personal fitness by introducing engagement rewards.
- Created Reagiram.mk, an Android app for taking pictures and sending problem reports to the local government. Designed a push notifications system using GCM to inform users when their report statuses had changed (processed, resolved, rejected, etc.).
- Developed Andbtiles, an Android library for managing, downloading, caching, or harvesting MBTiles and exposing them to external applications via a content provider. The library is available on Maven Central.
- Developed reTXT, a multimedia messaging app with full end-to-end encryption, account management, and device syncing via push messages.
- Developed Smoak for Android, an app with OpenGL smoke and fire effects for creating and sharing (anonymous) photos, videos, and texts.
- Created Bokhalleri, an accounting app built with React Native. Once authenticated with Firebase Login, the user is able to pick images or documents from their device, upload them to Firebase storage, view, and edit historical submissions.
- Contributed to BikeTo, an Android app that tracks user's bike rides automatically in the background (activity recognition and location updates) and keeps historical records of their rides.
Lead Android Developer2012 - 2014PlanNow Technologies
- Optimized Mobile Survey, one of the most expensive apps on Android, for on-site surveys and network analysis. Implemented Access Point bounding by MAC/BSSID comparison. Improved heatmap/area coverage and route rendering. Limited memory consumption by tweaking image quality depending on screen size, density, and available heap size.
- Created the first phase of Shortlist.fm, a Twitter-like Android app for content and media sharing. Implemented full server communication with JSON with Gson manual data caching for reducing network call overhead. Implemented a profile management and avatar creation mechanism to allow users to crop a picture taken with a camera or picked from the gallery.
- Developed the Android app for Vuact.com, a powerful video analytics platform. Handled network operation implementation using the Volley framework and the image caching/processing implementation using the Picasso library. Featured fragment-based responsive design with a content display based on the screen width. Included HTML5 iframe video handling.
- Created Salama Documents, an Android app for secure document storage in rural African areas, as part of a Stanford University humanitarian project. Implemented functionality for secure account creation, document encryption, password retrieval using HTTPS, SSL certificates, password salts, archive encryption (AES), operator password approval, and photo verification. Included Dropbox API integration. Handled low connectivity by implementing upload/download queues and scheduling.
- Created Salama Documents Admin Panel, a Java Tapestry web application serving as a backbone to the Salama Document project. Implemented account management, operator to region mapping, credential management, new version notification, device tracking, and basic usage statistics.
Android Developer2012 - 2012ITgma
Technologies: Java, Android
- Created a native Android app for real-time embedded soundboard diagnostics and graph tracking. Implemented the I2C protocol via the USB port. Compiled .dll (Windows) drivers as a .so library (Linux) to allow the code to work on Android. Included Android NDK to SDK communication. Implemented graph display functionality for common parameters (gain, excursion, volume, temperature) on both channels.
- Laid out the initial architecture and screen layouts for AEK's (Macedonian Agency for Electronic Communication) phone book and calculator apps. Calculated the minimal amount of Android permission required in the manifest file to avoid being considered a sniffing app (it gathers a lot of background data about the phone and network usage) and optimized it to be power efficient.