Verified Expert in Engineering
Lead Android Developer
Ivan is a principal software engineer and system/solution architect with 14+ years of experience in Android (Java/Kotlin) and 3+ years in Flutter (Dart). He's keen on software development, architecture, and quality and building scalable, performant, delightful, and useful apps. He loves working with motivated professionals in high-performing teams, enabling peers to break barriers and reach their fullest potential. Ivan believes in mindfulness, non-violent communication, compassion, and empathy.
Android, Flutter, Dart, Kotlin, Firebase, Google Cloud
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a full bookkeeping solution for accountants. The solution runs on mobile, web, and desktop with practically zero costs.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked as a senior software consultant in a high-performing product- and quality-focused app team responsible for delivering the best user experience in sustainable shopping.
- Maintained the codebase by transitioning to clean, testable, modern app architecture (Kotlin, Jetpack suite, Compose, MVVM, Coroutines, Flows, etc.).
- Contributed to full-stack development with ownership and contribution to the back-end app APIs (Node.js and TypeScript). Set up and maintained testing and CI/CD environments and pipelines.
- Delivered a smooth, seamless user experience by applying the latest and greatest UI/UX trends.
Team Lead | Senior Software Engineer
- Actively contributed to one of the most downloaded, used, and loved utility apps in the world, with 500+ million installs, 250+ million active users, and a 4.5-star rating.
- Led an agile, cross-functional team of 17 people to deliver the Truecaller messaging experience, with responsibilities ranging from sole contribution to engineering processes, recruitment, performance assessments, and personal development.
- Improved the agile processes of the team by introducing QA @ Speed, an optimization of the delivery pipeline by better utilization of the available resources.
- Developed scalable features that were fully written in Kotlin using modern architectural patterns with full test coverage and automation.
- Contributed to the creation of a lightweight, powerful, and easy-to-use single sign-in library—TrueSDK.
- Contributed to the creation of the company's values and their integration into the company's culture.
Lead Android Developer
- Optimized Mobile Survey, one of the most expensive apps on Android, for on-site surveys and network analysis. Improved heatmap/area coverage and route rendering.
- Created the 1st phase of Shortlist.fm, a Twitter-like Android app for content and media sharing. Implemented full server communication with JSON with Gson manual data caching for reducing network call overhead.
- Developed the Android app for Vuact.com, a powerful video analytics platform. Handled network operation implementation using the Volley framework and the image caching/processing implementation using the Picasso library.
- Created Salama Documents, an Android app for secure document storage in rural African areas, as part of a Stanford University humanitarian project.
- Created Salama Documents Admin Panel, a Java Tapestry web application serving as a backbone to the Salama Document project. Implemented account management, operator-to-region mapping, credential management, new version notification, and device tracking.
- Created a native Android app for real-time embedded soundboard diagnostics and graph tracking. Implemented the I2C protocol via the USB port. Compiled .dll (Windows) drivers as a .so library (Linux) to allow the code to work on Android.
- Laid out the initial architecture and screen layouts for AEK's (Macedonian Agency for Electronic Communication) phone book and calculator apps.
I worked as a technical architect and lead Flutter developer for Kinta. My duties included architecting and developing the front-end solution and modeling the data to ensure consistency, performance, and scalability, all while ensuring the users get a consistent, beautifully designed application with smooth animations and ease of use that makes Dreamseer stand out from the competition.
• A client app (iOS, Android, and web) for overview and management of entries and handling invoices;
• A back-office app (web) for overview and management of entries, clients, and data export;
• An admin app (internal and web) for overview and management of companies, invoicing, billing, and analytics;
• A landing page and checkout process.
I worked as a technical architect and lead full-stack developer for Kinta. My duties included architecting and managing the entire platform, making sure users get a consistent premium experience across all platforms while ensuring costs of operations are as predictable and as low as possible.
Tips for Developing an Android App: My Lessons Learned
Automated Android Crash Reports with ACRA and Cloudant
Kotlin, Dart, Java
Android Studio, Git, GitHub, Android Jetpack, Google Cloud AI, Android NDK
Agile, App Development, Continuous Integration (CI)
Firebase, Android, Web, iOS
Coroutines, A/B Testing, Team Leadership, Technical Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Code Review, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Engineering Management, AOSP, Google Cloud ML, ChatGPT, OpenAI
Node.js, Twitter API
Bachelor's Degree in Information Science and Computer Engineering
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University - Skopje, Macedonia