Database Administrator (DBA) Architect2019 - PRESENTWorkstride
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS, Git, Jira, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Profiler, Windows PowerShell, SSAS, SSRS, Always On, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2017
- Served as a DBA architect and performed administrative and development tasks.
- Migrated from an on-premise environment to AWS EC2 (with always-on)/RDS with a window activity lost of a couple of seconds.
- Optimized the performance tuning.
- Automated ETL processes with SSIS.
- Planned the HA/DR.
Database Architect | Senior Development Manager2005 - 2019Admotion SRL
Technologies: Git, Subversion (SVN), Jira, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Profiler, Windows PowerShell, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Worked as a database administrator, architect, and project leader.
- Developed while taking in consideration high availability and security.
- Modeled complex systems with several layers and technologies.
- Implemented a model of process-result with several layers for reports with high concurrency that periodically update data warehouse and preformatted reports; this simplifies the complexity and improves the response time.
- Worked with in-memory OLTP (in-memory optimization) in a few layers of SQL Server instances, where the data is complex but do not change constantly, in order to gain performance.
- Implemented NoSQL as a parallel project of the production environment (SQL) to analyze a different option of online serving (cost and performance, housing against AWS).
- Optimized and performance tuned a 24x7 system that involved a huge amount of data in tables of billions of records. The performance was constantly monitored to determine necessary changes: regeneration or creation of new indexes, changes in structures or paradigms.
- Performed different disaster recovery scenarios, depending on the licenses and structures in each layer (failover cluster, mirroring, replications, database snapshots, backups, and restores).
- Constantly monitored databases using the PRTG Network Monitor.
Senior SQL Server Architect (Contract)2015 - 2015CIMA Telecommunications
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Improved a complex process that had to much use of CPU, network and memory.
- Created a precalculated model while respecting the business logic resulting in a decrease of the average CPU from 80% to 10%.
- Supported transactions leading to an improvement from 30/minute to exceed 100,000/second. This only took a logical reengineering, without the need for hard investment.
SQL-VFP Server Programmer2003 - 2005Credicash Card
Technologies: Visual SourceSafe, Visual FoxPro, Microsoft SQL Server
- Migrated FoxPro DOS to a new structure of Visual FoxPro with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Designed the entire system from scratch; including data model and programming.
Senior SQL-VFP Developer2002 - 2005Freelance Work
Technologies: C++, C, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual FoxPro
- Developed new billing systems for different clients with the capabilities of stock control, print invoices, discriminate taxes, and fiscal printer (A.F.I.P.).
- Migrated and processed data from and to different origins: DBF, CSV, SQL Server, Excel, and PDF.
Senior Programmer2004 - 2004Municipalidad de Yerba Buena
Technologies: Visual FoxPro
- Programmed and maintained a tax system.