Database Administrator (DBA) Architect2019 - PRESENTWorkstride
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS, Git, Jira, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server Profiler, Windows PowerShell, SSAS, SSRS, Always On, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2017
- Served as a DBA architect and performed administrative and development tasks.
- Migrated from an on-premise environment to AWS EC2 (with always-on)/RDS with a window activity lost of a couple of seconds.
- Optimized the performance tuning.
- Automated ETL processes with SSIS.
- Planned the HA/DR.
Database Architect | Senior Development Manager2005 - 2019Admotion SRL
Technologies: Git, Subversion (SVN), Jira, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server Profiler, Windows PowerShell, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Worked as a database administrator, architect, and project leader.
- Developed while taking in consideration high availability and security.
- Modeled complex systems with several layers and technologies.
- Implemented a model of process-result with several layers for reports with high concurrency that periodically update data warehouse and preformatted reports; this simplifies the complexity and improves the response time.
- Worked with in-memory OLTP (in-memory optimization) in a few layers of SQL Server instances, where the data is complex but do not change constantly, in order to gain performance.
- Implemented NoSQL as a parallel project of the production environment (SQL) to analyze a different option of online serving (cost and performance, housing against AWS).
- Optimized and performance tuned a 24x7 system that involved a huge amount of data in tables of billions of records. The performance was constantly monitored to determine necessary changes: regeneration or creation of new indexes, changes in structures or paradigms.
- Performed different disaster recovery scenarios, depending on the licenses and structures in each layer (failover cluster, mirroring, replications, database snapshots, backups, and restores).
- Constantly monitored databases using the PRTG Network Monitor.
Senior SQL Server Architect (Contract)2015 - 2015CIMA Telecommunications
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Improved a complex process that had to much use of CPU, network and memory.
- Created a precalculated model while respecting the business logic resulting in a decrease of the average CPU from 80% to 10%.
- Supported transactions leading to an improvement from 30/minute to exceed 100,000/second. This only took a logical reengineering, without the need for hard investment.
SQL-VFP Server Programmer2003 - 2005Credicash Card
Technologies: Visual SourceSafe, Visual FoxPro, Microsoft SQL Server
- Migrated FoxPro DOS to a new structure of Visual FoxPro with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Designed the entire system from scratch; including data model and programming.
Senior SQL-VFP Developer2002 - 2005Freelance Work
Technologies: C++, C, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual FoxPro
- Developed new billing systems for different clients with the capabilities of stock control, print invoices, discriminate taxes, and fiscal printer (A.F.I.P.).
- Migrated and processed data from and to different origins: DBF, CSV, SQL Server, Excel, and PDF.
Senior Programmer2004 - 2004Municipalidad de Yerba Buena
Technologies: Visual FoxPro
- Programmed and maintained a tax system.