- Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher2017 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Python, Pandas, PostgreSQL, TensorFlow, InfluxDB
- Contributed to an open-source event-based Python algorithmic trading library. The goal of the library is to provide easy way of testing financial ML algorithms.
- Built a real-time and historical bar and tick data from IQFeed.
- Integrated an API with Quandl and INTRINIO.
- Developed storage and retrieval of historical data and other datasets with PostgreSQL and InfluxDB.
- Backtested historical data using different datasets.
- Implemented order placement via the Interactive Brokers Python API.
- Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher2014 - 2016ExB Group
Technologies: Python, Caffe, Keras, TensorFlow, Java, OpenCL
- Participated in and won several machine learning competitions.
- Machine Learning Engineer2013 - 2014Self-employed
Technologies: Java, OpenCL
- Authored the first open-source Java deep learning library with GPU support as a way to introduce myself to deep learning and produce something meaningful at the same time. The library has limitations (it's very slow), but it has been a great learning tool. It is implemented with Java 8.
- Mobile/Web Developer2013 - 2013Fanattac (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile version of the site using Ember.js, PHP, and REST.
- Worked on a redesign of the desktop version of the site using Backbone.js, PHP, MySQL, and REST.
- Founder2010 - 2013IGI Soft, Ltd.
- Developed an advanced SaaS web platform for trading automative parts online, located at http://www.zakolite.bg/. The platform allows companies to create their own web shops and participate in a common marketplace.
- Integrated the system with the most widely adopted and comprehensive auto parts database. As a founder of the company, I’ve been leading the design, development, deployment, and support of the platform. I am also responsible for marketing our product and working with our customers to improve it.
- Led the design, development, deployment. and support of the platform.
- Marketed product and worked with customers on collecting feedback and improving the site.
- Software Developer2010 - 2012Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Contributed to a semantic web scientific project as part of my master's thesis: Semantic Technologies for Web Services and Technology Enhanced Learning, or SINUS, located at http://sinus.iinf.bas.bg/index.php.
- Developed a SPARQL graphical designer and semantic annotator for the project.
- Software Engineer2007 - 2011Micro Focus PLC
Technologies: Java, Google Web Toolkit, Apache Struts, Maven, C#, Visual Studio, WPF, WCF
- Developed and maintained a service-based solution with a service and service-consuming Visual Studio extension.
- Developed an online survey platform.
- Developed and maintained the Application Portfolio Management Enterprise View. This includes development in C++ as well as legacy code maintenance of web application.
- Junior Developer2006 - 2007IGE + XAO Balkan, Ltd.
Technologies: C++, CATIA
- Developed an electrical module for the PLM product CATIA V5 using C++ and CATIA (Computer-aided three dimensional interactive application).
- Junior Developer2004 - 2005Tara Soft, Ltd.
- Developed websites using the LAMP (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) architecture.
- Converted a static HTML design (from a designer) into a dynamic site using PHP and MySQL, all while considering the client’s requirements.