Verified Expert in Engineering
Neural Networks Developer
Ivan is an enthusiastic software engineer and machine learning researcher. His experience ranges across many fields and technologies, but his primary focuses are deep learning, Python, algorithmic trading, and Java. Ivan has written three books and has several open-source projects.
Git, Linux, GitHub
The most amazing...
...software I've created was one of the 1st deep learning libraries, written in Java and with GPU support.
Co-founder and Lead Engineer
- Developed a full-scale algorithmic trading platform. The platform is written in Python and deployed on Amazon AWS. It supports both live trading and backtesting.
- Implemented, deployed, and monitored 10+ automated trading strategies in the live trading environment.
- Implemented and deployed multiple integrations with external data providers and APIs, including Interactive Brokers, FIX protocol, Binance, IQFeed, Quandl, Alpaca, and others.
- Wrote the thoroughly revised 2nd and 3rd editions of the book "Python Deep Learning."
- Wrote the book "Advanced Deep Learning with Python."
- Created open-source repositories for the three books.
Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher
- Contributed to an open-source event-based Python algorithmic trading library. The library aims to provide an easy way of testing financial ML algorithms.
- Built a real-time and historical bar and tick data from IQFeed.
- Integrated an API with Quandl and INTRINIO, and other data providers.
- Developed storage and retrieval of historical data and other datasets with PostgreSQL and InfluxDB.
- Back-tested historical data using different datasets.
- Implemented order placement via the Interactive Brokers Python API.
Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher
- Participated in and won several machine learning competitions.
- Developed an accomplished machine learning library for neural networks based on Java and OpenCL.
- Embedded new machine learning libraries, including Caffe and Keras.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Authored the first open-source Java deep learning library with GPU support as a way to introduce myself to deep learning and produce something meaningful at the same time. It is implemented with Java 8.
- Developed the library that became a successful open-source project.
- Continued its development in-house after it was acquired by a company (ExB).
Mobile and Web Developer
Fanattac (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile version of the site using Ember.js, PHP, and REST.
- Worked on a redesign of the desktop version of the site using Backbone.js, PHP, MySQL, and REST.
- Integrated successfully into an existing fully-remote team.
IGI Soft, Ltd.
- Developed an advanced SaaS web platform for trading automotive parts online, located at Zakolite.bg/. The platform allows companies to create webshops and participate in a common marketplace.
- Integrated the system with the most widely adopted and comprehensive auto parts database and some of the leading CRM software providers in Bulgaria.
- Led the design, development, deployment, and support of the platform.
- Marketed the product and worked with customers on collecting feedback and improving the site.
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Contributed to a semantic web scientific project as part of my master's thesis: Semantic Technologies for Web Services and Technology Enhanced Learning, or SINUS, located at http://sinus.iinf.bas.bg/index.php.
- Developed a SPARQL graphical designer and semantic annotator for the project.
- Defended my master thesis based on the project successfully.
Micro Focus International
- Developed and maintained a service-based solution with a service and service-consuming Visual Studio extension.
- Built an online survey platform based on Google GWT.
- Developed and maintained the application portfolio management enterprise view. This included development in C++ and the legacy code maintenance of the web application.
IGE + XAO
- Developed an electrical module for the PLM product CATIA V5 using C++ and CATIA (computer-aided three-dimensional interactive application).
- Acted as a junior developer (this was my first official job besides internships), I successfully integrated into the existing team.
Tara Soft, Ltd.
- Developed websites using the LAMP (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) architecture.
- Converted a static HTML design (from a designer) into a dynamic site using PHP and MySQL, all while considering the client’s requirements.
Python Deep Learning, 3rd Editionhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRKYYPPC/
Advanced Deep Learning with Pythonhttps://www.packtpub.com/data/advanced-deep-learning-with-python
Python Deep Learning, 2nd Editionhttps://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/python-deep-learning-second-edition
Python Algorithmic Tradinghttps://github.com/ivan-vasilev/atpy
• Real-time and historical bar and tick data from IQFeed
• API integration with Quandl and INTRINIO
• Storing and retrieving historical data and other datasets with PostgreSQL and InfluxDB
• Backtesting historical data using different datasets
• Placing orders via the Interactive Brokers Python API
I have successfully transformed this open-source project into a startup (Tradestorm.io).
First Place at Skin Lesion Analysis Towards Melanoma Detection Challenge at ISBI 2016
Second Place at Gland Segmentation Challenge Contest at MICCAI 2015https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/research/tia/glascontest/
Deep Neural Networkshttps://github.com/ivan-vasilev/neuralnetworks
Semantic Technologies for Web Services and Technology Enhanced Learning
Caffe, Apache Wicket, Ember.js, Hibernate, Apache Struts, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Framework (WCF), OpenCL, Google Web Toolkit
Keras, PyTorch, Aparapi, TensorFlow, Pandas, jQuery, Songkick API, RequireJS, Rdio API, OWL API, SoundCloud API, Backbone.js, Facebook API, Dojo Toolkit, Interactive Brokers API, Binance API, NumPy
Apache Maven, Subversion (SVN), Git, GitHub, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Visual Studio, CATIA, PyCharm, Gradle
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, GPGPU, Event-driven Programming, Data Science, REST
PostgreSQL, MySQL, InfluxDB, Redis
Artificial Intelligence (AI), Algorithmic Trading, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Deep Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), Full-stack, Automated Trading Software, Data Analysis, FIX Protocol, Stock Trading, APIs, Back-end, Trading, RDFs, Numba, Crypto, Transformers, OpenCL/GPU, Natural Language Processing (NLP), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Language Models, Computer Vision
Eclipse, Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence
Sofia University St. Kl. Ohridski - Sofia, Bulgaria
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems and Technologies
Technical University of Sofia - Sofia, Bulgaria