Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher2017 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: InfluxDB, TensorFlow, PostgreSQL, Pandas, Python
- Contributed to an open-source event-based Python algorithmic trading library. The goal of the library is to provide easy way of testing financial ML algorithms.
- Built a real-time and historical bar and tick data from IQFeed.
- Integrated an API with Quandl and INTRINIO.
- Developed storage and retrieval of historical data and other datasets with PostgreSQL and InfluxDB.
- Back-tested historical data using different datasets.
- Implemented order placement via the Interactive Brokers Python API.
Author2018 - 2019Packt Publishing
Technologies: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Python, Deep Learning
- Wrote the thoroughly revised second edition of the book "Python Deep Learning."
- Wrote the book "Advanced Deep Learning with Python."
Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher2014 - 2016ExB Group
Technologies: OpenCL, Java, TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, Python
- Participated in and won several machine learning competitions.
Machine Learning Engineer2013 - 2014Self-employed
Technologies: OpenCL, Java
- Authored the first open-source Java deep learning library with GPU support as a way to introduce myself to deep learning and produce something meaningful at the same time. The library has limitations (it's very slow), but it has been a great learning tool. It is implemented with Java 8.
Mobile/Web Developer2013 - 2013Fanattac (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile version of the site using Ember.js, PHP, and REST.
- Worked on a redesign of the desktop version of the site using Backbone.js, PHP, MySQL, and REST.
Founder2010 - 2013IGI Soft, Ltd.
Technologies: Jetty, Apache Tomcat, CSS, HTML, Dojo Toolkit, jQuery, Maven, MySQL, Hibernate, Apache Wicket, Java
- Developed an advanced SaaS web platform for trading automotive parts online, located at http://www.zakolite.bg/. The platform allows companies to create their own webshops and participate in a common marketplace.
- Integrated the system with the most widely adopted and comprehensive auto parts database, as well as some of the leading CRM software providers in Bulgaria.
- Led the design, development, deployment. and support of the platform.
- Marketed the product and worked with customers on collecting feedback and improving the site.
Software Developer2010 - 2012Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Technologies: Jetty, Apache Tomcat, CSS, HTML, Dojo Toolkit, Apache Wicket, OWL API, Java, OWL, RDFs, RDF, SPARQL
- Contributed to a semantic web scientific project as part of my master's thesis: Semantic Technologies for Web Services and Technology Enhanced Learning, or SINUS, located at http://sinus.iinf.bas.bg/index.php.
- Developed a SPARQL graphical designer and semantic annotator for the project.
Software Engineer2007 - 2011Micro Focus PLC
Technologies: Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Visual Studio, C#, Maven, Apache Struts, Google Web Toolkit, Java
- Developed and maintained a service-based solution with a service and service-consuming Visual Studio extension.
- Developed an online survey platform.
- Developed and maintained the application portfolio management enterprise view. This includes development in C++ as well as legacy code maintenance of web application.
Junior Developer2006 - 2007IGE + XAO Balkan, Ltd.
Technologies: CATIA, C++
- Developed an electrical module for the PLM product CATIA V5 using C++ and CATIA (computer-aided three dimensional interactive application).
Junior Developer2004 - 2005Tara Soft, Ltd.
- Developed websites using the LAMP (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) architecture.
- Converted a static HTML design (from a designer) into a dynamic site using PHP and MySQL, all while considering the client’s requirements.