Co-founder and Lead Engineer2019 - PRESENThttps://tradestorm.io/
Technologies: Python, Algorithmic Trading, Stock Trading, Event-driven Programming, PostgreSQL, Pandas, FIX Protocol, Interactive Brokers API, Binance API, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Numba, Crypto, NumPy, REST, Redis, Data Science, GitHub, Trading, Data Analysis
- Developed a full-scale algorithmic trading platform. The platform is written in Python and deployed on Amazon AWS. It supports both live trading and backtesting.
- Implemented, deployed, and monitored 10+ automated trading strategies in the live trading environment.
- Implemented and deployed multiple integrations with external data providers and APIs, including Interactive Brokers, FIX protocol, Binance, IQFeed, Quandl, Alpaca, and others.
Author2018 - 2019Packt Publishing
Technologies: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Python, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Data Science, GitHub
- Wrote the thoroughly revised second edition of the book "Python Deep Learning."
- Wrote the book "Advanced Deep Learning with Python."
- Created open-source repositories for the two books.
Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher2017 - 2019Self-employed
Technologies: InfluxDB, TensorFlow, Pandas, Python, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks, PostgreSQL, Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), GitHub
- Contributed to an open-source event-based Python algorithmic trading library. The library aims to provide an easy way of testing financial ML algorithms.
- Built a real-time and historical bar and tick data from IQFeed.
- Integrated an API with Quandl and INTRINIO, and other data providers.
- Developed storage and retrieval of historical data and other datasets with PostgreSQL and InfluxDB.
- Back-tested historical data using different datasets.
- Implemented order placement via the Interactive Brokers Python API.
Machine Learning Engineer and Researcher2014 - 2016ExB Group
Technologies: OpenCL, TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, Python, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Java, Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Aparapi, GPGPU, GitHub
- Participated in and won several machine learning competitions.
- Developed an accomplished machine learning library for neural networks based on Java and OpenCL.
- Embedded new machine learning libraries, including Caffe and Keras.
Machine Learning Engineer2013 - 2014Self-employed
Technologies: OpenCL, Java, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Authored the first open-source Java deep learning library with GPU support as a way to introduce myself to deep learning and produce something meaningful at the same time. It is implemented with Java 8.
- Developed the library that became a successful open-source project.
- Continued its development in-house after it was acquired by a company (ExB).
Mobile and Web Developer2013 - 2013Fanattac (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile version of the site using Ember.js, PHP, and REST.
- Worked on a redesign of the desktop version of the site using Backbone.js, PHP, MySQL, and REST.
- Integrated successfully into an existing fully-remote team.
Founder2010 - 2013IGI Soft, Ltd.
Technologies: Jetty, Apache Tomcat, CSS, HTML, Dojo Toolkit, jQuery, Maven, MySQL, Hibernate, Apache Wicket, Java, HTML5, SQL, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Developed an advanced SaaS web platform for trading automotive parts online, located at Zakolite.bg/. The platform allows companies to create webshops and participate in a common marketplace.
- Integrated the system with the most widely adopted and comprehensive auto parts database and some of the leading CRM software providers in Bulgaria.
- Led the design, development, deployment, and support of the platform.
- Marketed the product and worked with customers on collecting feedback and improving the site.
Software Developer2010 - 2012Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Contributed to a semantic web scientific project as part of my master's thesis: Semantic Technologies for Web Services and Technology Enhanced Learning, or SINUS, located at http://sinus.iinf.bas.bg/index.php.
- Developed a SPARQL graphical designer and semantic annotator for the project.
- Defended my master thesis based on the project successfully.
Software Engineer2007 - 2011Micro Focus International
Technologies: Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Visual Studio, C#, Maven, Apache Struts, Google Web Toolkit, Java, SQL, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Subversion (SVN), HTML
- Developed and maintained a service-based solution with a service and service-consuming Visual Studio extension.
- Built an online survey platform based on Google GWT.
- Developed and maintained the application portfolio management enterprise view. This included development in C++ and the legacy code maintenance of the web application.
Junior Developer2006 - 2007IGE + XAO
Technologies: CATIA, C++
- Developed an electrical module for the PLM product CATIA V5 using C++ and CATIA (computer-aided three-dimensional interactive application).
- Acted as a junior developer (this was my first official job besides internships), I successfully integrated into the existing team.
Intern2004 - 2005Tara Soft, Ltd.
- Developed websites using the LAMP (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) architecture.
- Converted a static HTML design (from a designer) into a dynamic site using PHP and MySQL, all while considering the client’s requirements.