Senior Architect2016 - PRESENTCompose @ IBM
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Go, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, React
- Helped re-architect the app UI.
- Worked on stabilizing the data layer.
- Helped with HIPAA, GDPR, and international tax compliance.
- Led the growth team to increase conversion of our signup to 32% from 15%.
- Helped streamline on-call processes.
- Worked on the payment layer and integrating Stripe.
CTO2015 - 2016Ve-Go Technologies
- Created entire dashboard system and optimized the entire stack for scale.
- Re-engineered the algorithm for determining availability for hotel rooms to be 100x faster.
- Tuned PG calls to increase throughput by 13x.
- Integrated Twilio phone, sms and IP messaging services into system allowing for instant notifications via mobile or web.
CTO2014 - 2015Box.es
- Re-engineered the entire back end and web front end for speed and simplicity.
- Led the development of all critical systems and added a full shopping system with payment integration through Stripe.
- Added full text search through Solr and deep configuration to get the search characteristics to flow with the user experience of the application.
Digital Architect2011 - 2014McKinsey & Company
- Created an an application that streamlined deployment for the entire firm from a four-day deployment schedule to a five-minute deployment schedule.
- Helped re-architect an internal LinkedIn type solution for firm alumni.
- Created a data storage service that simplified access to legacy Oracle and Notes databases.
- Created an application that allowed any application to quickly drop an authentication scheme into their app regardless of which language it was created in.
- Created an application for the partners at the firm so they could see the real connections that the firm has through 40 years of legacy data.
- Optimized current applications and added new features utilizing various technologies including Oracle, MySQL, Redis, Solr, Apache, Phusion, Unicorn, Nginx, AngularJS, Backbone.js, jQuery, and many other apps.
- Aided in firm client presentations from the technical side.
- Trained and mentored new developers.
VP Software Development2008 - 2011Orgsync
- Led development on main application.
- Optimized current application so that it could scale.
- Created new applications to maximize revenue potential of master app.
- Trained and mentored several developers.
- Continued helping the CEO add new features to our core business model.
- Was the technical representative in high level meetings.
Chief Technology Officer2004 - 2008Volusion
- Maintained over 22 internal apps originally written in PHP and then migrated to Rails to control and streamline ALL of our business processes: Payroll System, Marketing System, Resellers System, SEO Clientele System, Custom Design System, PPC System, Customer Service System, PCI Compliance System, Billing System
- Created our new Merchant Account technical infrastructure utilizing APIs from fortune 10 company GlobalPay and helped develop the process of taking merchant applications.
- Continued to create marketing strategies and tech support strategies to increase profitability.
- Continued helping the CEO/Lead Developer add new features to our core software written in ASP (and even developed some of the major parts myself),
- Working with our larger clients to setup their online store as well as provided technical/marketing/design counseling