Verified Expert in Engineering
Jaksa is fascinated with video games, and working as a game developer, he is living his dream. Unity3D is his main tool, and his experience ranges from educational games to hardcore online TCG. He feels comfortable at all stages of development, including design, implementation, optimization, and bug-fixing. He can implement gameplay mechanics, UI, audio system, localization, or a complete game architecture. He shipped titles for various platforms, including PC, Mac, Android, and WebGL.
Git, Visual Studio, Windows, Unity3D
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a framework that supports the simple and quick creation of great educational games.
Unity 3D Developer
- Developed a cross-platform app that tracks user geo-location through Mapbox API. When a user reaches a predefined geo-location, the app starts an AR experience where virtual characters talk to him.
- Created a cross-platform app that allows users to unlock virtual characters by playing minigames. These characters can then be seen in AR. Markers trigger character spawning. I used the Unity Addressables system for better memory management.
- Built an app for the scape-tangible touchscreen and added support for Scape X magnifiers.
- Developed a dressing room type of app that uses Kinect Azure for body tracking.
- Helped develop a game similar to Pokemon Go, where I was part of a bigger team. I worked on the front end, where I had the chance to learn how to adapt to complex architecture.
- Helped develop a kids' app for Android and iOS. Worked on most of the systems, which included building an audio system, UI, data transition layer, app store/play store integration, and debugging existing paint, animation, and music creation modules.
- Reworked the pre-match menu system, including game mode selection, lobby, deck selection, and match finding.
- Redesigned a blacksmith module according to the new game progression design, including faction selection, unlocking seal trees, and game progression visualization.
- Implemented an audio system with a user-friendly interface for a sound designer, supporting 2D and 3D sounds.
- Developed a framework that supports the quick and easy creation of great educational games.
- Collaborated with the team to develop the Bear With Me game series, which received positive reviews. Took part in all programming aspects.
- Helped professional educators translate their educational game design into the form that can be implemented regarding technology limitations and client requirements.
Junior .NET Developer
- Helped develop the Erste Card Club Diners Club credit card management system.
- Created SQL procedures, implementing data acess and business application layer functionalities.
- Solved various bugs, using Jira as a tracking tool.
Bear With Me | Adventure Game Serieshttps://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2758/Bear_With_Me/
Some of the more exciting programming work I've done here is save-file manipulation on byte level to allow reading save-files generated from different frameworks versions. I also contributed to project management, ensuring the team was very efficient and organized.
Unity3D, .NET, Unity, Unity2D, ASP.NET, Microsoft Kinect
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), MVC Design, Scrum, Mobile Development
Software Development, Game Development, Unity Plugins, Mobile Games, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Game Design, Audio, Web Services, Design, Educational Games, Augmented Reality (AR), Edtech, Social Games, Plastic SCM
Git, Trello, Visual Studio, Mercurial, Jira, Figma
Software Design Patterns, Mapbox, iOS
Bachelor's Degree in Informatics
University of Split, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Split, Croatia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring