API Integration and Mobile Application Developer2020 - PRESENTDepoway
Technologies: RabbitMQ, Kotlin, C#, Xamarin Forms
- Responsible for the mobile application (iOS and Android) development.
- Worked on essential integrations with banking systems and financial rating vendors.
Solution Engineer | Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Strange Fog Studios (Self-employed with a Project for Recoveri Tag What's Yours)
Technologies: Azure, Docker, RabbitMQ, Angular, .NET Core
- Designed and implemented the next generation of the company's software platform that will be used around the world by customers, employees and law enforcement around the world.
- Worked closely with the client on business requirements, development timeline and technical stack.
- Implemented the whole cloud-based, vendor-independent software ecosystem, using .NET Core, RabbitMQ, Angular 8, and Docker.
- Configured continuous delivery pipelines, based on the Azure DevOps platform.
Software Engineer2018 - 2019Strange Fog Studios (Self-employed with a Project for Vegan House)
Technologies: Internet of Things (IoT), Raspberry Pi, Entity Framework Core, Xamarin, PostgreSQL, Docker, .NET Core
- Designed and created handmade custom PCB for Raspberry Pi based IoT devices.
- Wrote a type of software for the aforementioned devices that allow one to control them via a local network API.
- Developed server software that acts as a central hub for all the IoT devices in the resort and allows configuration of them and also acts as a relay for client apps.
- Wrote iOS and Android mobile apps that enables guests to interact with services and facilities to which access they bought.
- Oversaw the architecture of the whole solution as well as DevOps and even down to etching custom PCBs used in this project.
Contracted Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2018Payobox
Technologies: Microservices, Eureka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker, RabbitMQ, Redis, Minio, Spring Boot, Java 10
- Developed a JavaMoney (JSR-354) based microservice for currency exchange.
- Created SendGrid and SMSApi.pl related microservices, along with abstraction layer that enables easy development of future, country related implementations of messaging providers.
- Refined and extended core elements of this distributed application.
Freelance Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Advanced Metrics (via Toptal)
- Created a UWP application for Windows 10 tablets that enables a client to do data collection offline. The application reuses data collection forms from the main online app and takes care of the synchronization process when a user comes back online.
- Refactored core parts of the existing application to conform to best architectural trends and coding patterns. That has greatly boosted the performance of the application as well as security and maintainability.
- Created a dynamic forms tool that enabled users to create their own data collection assessments. It has become core tool of the whole application and was then reused in other project of this client.
- Introduced microservice components to an otherwise- monolithic application by creating dedicated Windows Services responsible for synchronization API with UWP application, notifications sending (mail and SMS), and more.
- Participated in scrum planning and teaching other team members best coding practices.
Freelance Senior Developer2017 - 2017Recoveri Tag What's Yours (via Toptal)
Technologies: Azure Blob Storage API, Cordova, Node.js, Microsoft Azure Mobile Services
- Designed and created an upload functionality for images captured from mobile device's camera. Images are stored within Azure's Blobs Storage.
- Conducted code reviews of an existing application, pointing out and then implementing possible enhancements and fixes.
- Refactored application parts regarding security, data flow, reliability, and user experience.
- Integrated an application with SendGrid mailing services and created a mail-sending functionality on top of that.
Software Engineer | Full-stack Developer (Contract)2014 - 2017Unidoc
Technologies: MySQL, Hibernate ORM, Spring, Java
- Supported the development and maintance of the company's main products—a Unidoc application and the Unistore SaaS platform.
- Created extensions and implemented new features for main clients such as Wirtualna Polska, ESV, Cubatex, and more.
- Wrote an HTML5 application for viewing and managing PDF invoice documents.
- Wrote learning algorithms for semi-automatic documents processing and input; based on OCR and Bayesian statistics.
- Developed a barcode handling subsystem for documents processing.
- Created an Android client application.
Chief Software Engineer2014 - 2017InviPay.com
- Worked as a core team member from the project's begining.
- Created and implemented—as a member of a 2 person team—the core architecture design.
- Developed an entity automatic change tracker that is the base of all the asynchronous back-end to UI communication and also the business audit log.
- Created and maintained the application's public REST and SOAP API along with the PHP client library.
- Created and maintained all the integrations with third-party systems (banks, accounting agencies, and more).
- Wrote a secure smart card signing applet for signing documents and transaction dispositions.
- Refactored an application to use MongoDB alongside PostgreSQL for fast-growing and slow-processing data.
- Wrote an Android application that was used at shop counters to provide companies services for stationery shops.
- Developed a Paygate API and plugins for popular eCommerce systems (Magento, Prestashop).
- Created and maintained the reporting and printout subsystem based on BIRT.
- Implemented many smaller additions and refactorings for current business needs and application evolution.
Founder | Chief Technology Officer | Software Architect2012 - 2016Syneo.pl
- Acted in the roles of founder, lead programmer, and IT department director.
- Had an impact on all projects done by the company (see portfolio).
- Managed the IT team and projects—created the specifications, designed the architecture, and led the programming efforts.
- Chose the technology stack for each project, advised clients, and closely worked with them on the project.
- Led the technology stack and developed the architecture for each project.
Senior Developer2010 - 2012UVDesign
- Managed solely the company's projects done in .NET, Objective-C, or Java.
- Wrote the company's signature website visits tracking software.
- Created a UVD DataLink application that enables two-way synchronization between online services and offline local software that doesn't have sync or public API capabilities.
- Contributed greatly to the in-house CMS system (Actualizer CMS).
- Built dozens of websites and some web applications during that time.
Owner | Developer2005 - 2010Self-employed
- Took my first steps in commercial software development.
- Created a PHP framework (Wendigo) along with a CMS system (Wendigo CMS).
- Developed a local news portal, based on Wendigo CMS, that operated in five towns across Poland.
- Built a full-sized multitouch table based on FTIR phenomena and wrote the full software stack from base drivers to the showcase demo software (IRIA project).
- Wrote my own complex data classifier (Blaze) that is able to cope with concept drifting. In certain scenarios, it outperformed well-established algorithms (ACE, ACE2, k-NN).