Microservice Designer and Developer2018 - 2019CNA National Warranty
Technologies: Oracle, Java, Spring, Kubernetes, Apiary, Confluence, Agile, Rancher
- Designed Microservice APIs in Apiary and Confluence based on user GUI requirements.
- Developed the Backend For Frontend (BFF) full-stack microservice servlets using Java and Spring on an Oracle database underneath.
- Created unit test cases for every service.
- Deployed the servlets to Kubernetes using Rancher.
Full-stack Mobile App Designer and Developer2017 - 2019Tap2Deliver
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, iOS, Swift, REST, PHP, MySQL, Angular
- Designed and built a RUSH delivery database in MySQL on AWS.
- Wrote a code generator in Java that produces PHP DAOS, iOS DTOs, and Kotlin DTOs.
- Built a PHP microservice layer to serve Android, iOS, and Angular clients.
- Built the Tap2Deliver iOS app that uses Apple Maps and APNS.
- Built the tap2Deliver Android Kotlin app that uses Google Maps, Google Directions, and FCM.
- Built the Angular 8 Admin app for Tap2Deliver.
- Connected both Apps to the Stripe payments platform.
Full-stack App Designer and Developer2015 - 2019BRU Life, Co.
Technologies: iOS, Swift, PHP, MySQL, AWS, S3
- Designed the KEENr data model and database. Created the database in MySQL.
- Created a code generator that produced PHP DAOs and Kotlin and Swift DTOs.
- Built PHP REST services for the apps to connect to.
- Built the iOS app in Swift.
- Created in app chat functionality.
- Interfaced with Facebook.
- Built the Java Android Kotlin app.
Web App Design, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Tuner2013 - 2017Alberta Blue Cross
Technologies: Oracle ADF, PLSQL
- Designed web app page prototypes using Oracle ADF.
- Built PL/SQL business model packages.
- Built a PL/SQL data access layer.
- Built data generators for performance testing.
- Tuned SQL for performance.
Architect and Developer2015 - 2015ROMBIS Auto Telemetry
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Android, Java, PHP, MySQL, AWS, S3, BlueTooth, OBD2
- Designed an automobile diagnostic app.
- Connected to an OBD2 monitor with Bluetooth from iOS swift.
- Connected to an OBD2 monitor with Bluetooth from Android Java.
- Transmitted data to an AWS Cloud with Restful web services.
Developer and Architect2012 - 2012BC Ministry of Social Development
Technologies: Oracle SDDM, Fluent NHibernate, .NET
- Designed and built the ELMSD data model and datbase using Oracle SDDM.
- Created a code generator that created Fluent NHibernate DAOs and DTOs.
- Created a .NET application that maintained the ELMSD data.
Developer and Engineer2011 - 2011Applied Bottling
Technologies: PLC Pneumatic Controls Ladder Logic Electronics
- Designed and maintained Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems for the beer filling machines. These controllers synchronized bottle feeds, fill heads, product flow valves, CO2 injection, bottle crowning, and can seaming.
- Designed and built circuit boards and wired controllers.
Developer and Architect2003 - 2010BC Ambulance Service
Technologies: MicroStrategy, ASP, Crystal Reports, Transact-SQL, DTS, PL/SQL, Oracle, GlassFish
- Oversaw as technical architect the development of the Patient Care Information System (PCIS) application on a team of five with dedicated resources using NetBeans, CVS, and GlassFish V2.
- Developed the BCAS Message Broker, a Java system that routes system data event messages throughout BCAS corporate applications.
- Developed the web portal in ASP to provide a central access point to BCAS applications for the provinces' paramedics.
- Created a DSDM time-boxed iterative development project. This was an Oracle Designer 6 generated data mart. It employs MOD_PLSQL generated screens for dimension maintenance and PL/SQL for ETL of XML documents used to transmit data from Computer Aided Dispatch system RightCAD and Alteris CAD. I studied the NEMSIS National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Uniform Pre-Hospital Dataset so that future data mart enhancements may follow these guidelines.
- Developed a multi-platform application using Transact SQL, DTS, and PL/SQL to determine air ambulance flight plans from patient trips.
- Created a financial extension of the data mart to include Payroll and Human Resource information. This involved T-SQL, DTS, PL/SQL, MicroStrategy, and Crystal Reports.
- Created an ASP and Crystal Reports framework that allows efficient development of web screens, menus, and reports. I created 31 reports and 88 ASP screens for the various BCAS applications.
- Synchronized OTIS HR to Payroll. OTIS scans the two systems and determines changes in the HR system that need to be applied to the Payroll system.
Developer1999 - 2005PCAIRE
Technologies: VB, ASP, SQL Server
- Developed the PCAIRE Predictive Code for Aircrew Radiation Exposure. PCAIRE uses world-leading computational models to determine the solar radiation exposure commercial airline crews endure. PCAIRE is written in Visual Basic, ASP, HTML, and SQL Server.
- Developed FLYER which is a similar product to PCAIRE and allows frequent flyers to track their solar radiation exposure. FLYER is written in Visual Basic, ASP, HTML, and SQL Server.
Developer and Architect1998 - 2003BC Vital Statistics Agency
Technologies: Oracle Designer, Oracle Forms, PL/SQL
- Led a team of Ministry developers, none of which had any experience with Oracle Designer or generating applications in a project that had a legislated and short time frame. Vision is deemed as one of the most successful provincial projects ever completed.
- Designed a Star model and ETL PL/SQL for a Production AFS Management System (PAMS) data mart that provides decision management reports through Oracle Express Cubes and Briefings.
- Designed and built a dial-up web service interface between the Vision application and NeBanko credit card processing. This was to integrate the online ordering of vital records from the VitalChek eCommerce site.
- Led the re-design of British Columbia’s Vital Records system Vision to meet the State of Ohio’s business needs. This was a large-scale project taking over one year to complete. The system was 100% generated using Oracle Designer 2.1.2 and Forms 5.0. The system also employed OAS, PL/SQL, Cartridge, and HTML screens. OHIO had Y2K problems, and this project was intended to solve them as well as provide superior workflow management. James also established a systems development infrastructure using MKS Source Integrity and MS Project. He used JAD techniques and prototyping to clearly define the user’s business requirements.
- Created a large-scale re-work of Vision for the Michigan Department of Health. This project was similar to the OHIO project only this time for the State of Michigan.
- Re-worked Vision for the Florida and Alaska Departments of Health. This was the re-write of Vision into a web application. Over ninety web screens were written using Java Servlets. Web online help, security, and reporting and batch scheduling infrastructures were created. It took four months to complete employing thirty developers.
Developer2000 - 2000VitalCheck Network, Inc.
Technologies: Oracle MOD_PLSQL
- Designed and developed Permit Wizard for VitalChek Network, Inc. Permit Wizard is an online truck permit application and credentialing system. Permit Wizard was written using Oracle MOD_PLSQL.
Developer1989 - 1998Stellar Systems Group
Technologies: Oracle Forms, C++, PowerBuilder, Rational Rose
- Developed the Attorney General help desk tracking system PRAIS.
- Led the Attorney General application tuning.
- Responsible for RPF creation and contractor administration for the project as well as the implementation and data conversion of the delivered system.
- Built the Ministry of Transportation & Highways Bridge inventory system.
- Wrote a C++ tandem mainframe to a Sun Oracle gateway.
- Wrote a large portion of the BC Ferry ETL PL/SQL that feeds BC Ferries data warehouses.
- Provided support for the BC Ministry of Health's multiple Unix Oracle servers and developed standards for their care and maintenance.
- Developed a C++ code generator for Rational Rose for the BC Motor Vehicle Branch Driver Service Centre System support team.
- Developed Speed Loop Data Acquisition and Statistical Reporting for the BC Motor Vehicle Branch. I used SQL Loader and PL/SQL to determine the effect of speed enforcement policies.
- Drove the re-design project as the team leader ADP/VI PowerBuilder for the BC Motor Vehicle Branch. Led a team of five ministry developers, that had no experience with PowerBuilder, on the emergency rewrite of ADP/VI. Legislation dictated the system be completed in an extremely short time frame. My team and I worked unbelievable hours to roll out the system successfully.