- Contract iOS Developer2013 - 2013MWM Digital
Technologies: iOS, UIKit, Objective-C
- Hired to code and deploy an iPad app to promote the city of Houston, Texas for a global conference that Houston was a finalist to host.
- Created a UIPageViewController subclass for navigating between articles.
- Utilized a UICollectionView to efficiently display large 768 x 4000 pixel JPG images sliced into 768 x 100 pixel tiles.
- Worked around a major bug with UIPageViewController and filed a report with Apple.
- Implemented video playback throughout the app.
- Contract iOS Developer2013 - 2013SightPlan, Inc.
Technologies: iOS, UIKit, Objective-C, Core Location, Couchbase Lite, Mapbox
- Coded an equivalent to Apple's NSFetchedResultsController for use with Couchbase Lite.
- Created a subclass of UITableViewCell which could be slid left or right to reveal 0-4 buttons underneath each side.
- Coded a UIViewController that allowed the user to manually change the location of a work order using a draggable custom marker on a map.
- Utilized the UIViewController containment API to cleanly solve some custom UI challenges.
- Made use of the custom UIViewController transitions API introduced in iOS 7 to modify how a UINavigationController animates when pushing or popping a view controller.
- Coded a SPLocationManager wrapper class that centralized all the CLLocationManager logic.
- Created a Date Picker control that matched the look of the one used in the popular Mailbox app.
- Refactored a complicated and fragile UIView into a UINavigationController that would push separate UIViewControllers
- Contract Flex Developer2012 - 2012Parker Smith Software
Technologies: ActionScript 3, Adobe Flex, Adobe Flash, Adobe AIR
- Furthered the development of an Adobe AIR desktop application for General Electric.
- Enhanced the UI and fixed display bugs using ActionScript 3.
- Cleaned up the code base.
- Mobile AIR Developer2011 - 2012Tribune Technology
Technologies: Adobe AIR, Adobe Flex, ActionScript 3
- Contracted by Tribune Technology to code a set of iPad apps for their broadcasting stations using Adobe Flex 4.6 and Adobe AIR.
- Worked through issues with trying to recreate the feel of native iOS components in Adobe AIR.
- Used SQLite for persistence of app data.
- Set up the code base to use a Flex Library Project so that 95% of the code between apps could be easily shared.
- Worked with Tribune's video department to get their video resources in compliance with Apple's HTTP Live Streaming requirement.
- Contract Adobe Flex Developer2009 - 2011SecureAlert, Inc.
Technologies: Adobe Flex, ActionScript 3
- Hired as the primary Flex developer for SecureAlert, Inc. to take their TrackerMap Flex application to completion.
- Built software that would run in the browser and be used by law enforcement personnel for the electronic monitoring of offenders.
- Utilized Google Maps for Flash API.
- Greatly increased the responsiveness of the application from the state it was in when I was brought onboard.
- Used the Action Message Format (AMF) protocol for efficient data transfer between client and server.