iOS Developer2015 - 2018Big Ass Fans
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Core Data, Core Bluetooth, TestFlight, Git
- Developed the "Haiku Home" app, which controls Haiku ceiling fans, lights, and wall switches.
- Made all changes necessary to get the app properly running on 4.7” and 5.5” iPhones. Previously, it only scaled up to the 4” iPhone screen.
- Performed the work required for "Haiku Home" to be a universal app, properly running on iPad (no longer a scaled-up iPhone screen) in both portrait and landscape with support for Slide Over and Split View.
- Improved performance significantly, using instruments to identify slow code and memory issues.
- Fixed all Xcode warnings.
- Rewrote much of the codebase from Objective-C to Swift.
- Rearchitected the app to use dependency injection for view controllers and avoid segues.
- Managed beta testing with TestFlight.
- Took over as lead iOS developer in April 2016. I continued to implement features as directed by management and the design team while monitoring crash reports using Crashlytics and fixing bugs.
iOS Developer2013 - 2015Freelance iOS Developer
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Git, Core Data
- Completed What's Next, an iPad app for AARP's Life Reimagined Initiative, for Bananas Digital Agency.
- Contributed to the creation of an app for the multifamily real estate industry for SightPlan, Inc.
- Developed and deployed an iPad app for MWM Digital to promote the city of Houston, Texas for a global conference that Houston was a finalist to host.