Freelance Developer2020 - 2021Self Employed
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, UIKit
- Designed, developed, and created “Other Words” — a Catch Phrase party game for iPhone.
- Learned the Network framework, Apple’s modern solution for TCP and UDP communications.
- Implemented in-app purchases using StoreKit. Launched version 1.0 in July 2020 and continue to make improvements to date.
iOS Developer2018 - 2019SuperFan, Inc.
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, TestFlight
- Took over as lead iOS developer for a white-label app that was branded to 300+ schools.
- Improved a Swift codebase architecture that had problems such as extensive use of global variables, using dictionaries as the model layer instead of proper classes/structs, no use of private access level, poor naming conventions, and no code comments.
- Rewrote several view controllers in order to fix bugs and add new features.
- Rewrote the transport layer to use the Codable protocol. Suggested best practices and improvements regarding their RESTful API.
- Worked through Fastlane and App Store Connect issues on a weekly basis.
iOS Developer2015 - 2018Big Ass Fans
Technologies: Git, TestFlight, Core Bluetooth, Core Data, UIKit, Objective-C, Swift, Xcode
- Served as lead iOS developer for the “Haiku by BAF” app that controls Haiku ceiling fans, lights, and wall switches.
- Performed the work required to make the app universal, i.e., properly running on iPad (no longer a scaled-up iPhone screen) in both portrait and landscape mode with support for Split View.
- Rewrote half the codebase from Objective-C to Swift.
- Improved performance by using Instruments to identify slow code and memory issues.
- Rearchitected the app to use dependency injection for view controllers and avoid segues.
- Researched the Core Bluetooth framework and wrote the code to control third-generation Haiku products that will communicate via Bluetooth.
- Communicated to our cloud server via JSON. Downloaded new Firmware files and persisted them to Core Data.
- Documented best practices and naming conventions in the repository’s README.
iOS Developer2013 - 2015Freelance iOS Developer
Technologies: Core Data, Git, UIKit, Objective-C, Swift, Xcode
- Completed What's Next, an iPad app for AARP's Life Reimagined Initiative, for Bananas Digital Agency.
- Contributed to the creation of an app for the multifamily real estate industry for SightPlan, Inc.
- Developed and deployed an iPad app for MWM Digital to promote the city of Houston, Texas for a global conference that Houston was a finalist to host.