iOS Developer in Lexington, KY, United States
iOS Developer2015 - 2018Big Ass Fans
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Core Data, Core Bluetooth, TestFlight, Git
- Developed the "Haiku Home" app, which controls Haiku ceiling fans, lights, and wall switches.
- Made all changes necessary to get the app properly running on 4.7” and 5.5” iPhones. Previously, it only scaled up to the 4” iPhone screen.
- Performed the work required for "Haiku Home" to be a universal app, properly running on iPad (no longer a scaled-up iPhone screen) in both portrait and landscape with support for Slide Over and Split View.
- Improved performance significantly, using instruments to identify slow code and memory issues.
- Fixed all Xcode warnings.
- Rewrote much of the codebase from Objective-C to Swift.
- Rearchitected the app to use dependency injection for view controllers and avoid segues.
- Managed beta testing with TestFlight.
- Took over as lead iOS developer in April 2016. I continued to implement features as directed by management and the design team while monitoring crash reports using Crashlytics and fixing bugs.
iOS Developer2013 - 2015Freelance iOS Developer
Technologies: Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Git, Core Data
- Completed What's Next, an iPad app for AARP's Life Reimagined Initiative, for Bananas Digital Agency.
- Contributed to the creation of an app for the multifamily real estate industry for SightPlan, Inc.
- Developed and deployed an iPad app for MWM Digital to promote the city of Houston, Texas for a global conference that Houston was a finalist to host.
- Haiku Home (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/haiku-home/id902021647?mt=8
I was the lead developer for Big Ass Fan's "Haiku Home" app, which controlled Haiku fans, lights, and wall controls.
- SightWalk (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sightwalk/id720859186?mt=8
SightWalk is an app that addresses a need of the multi-family real estate industry. The app is used to take pictures of maintenance issues on the property, tag the location, assign the work to a team member, and set a due date. SightPlan is a subscription service. The company's founders have expertise in the multi-family real estate industry and plan to further polish the app and add many more features.
- Cornhole Easy Score (Development)
Cornhole Easy Score is an app I originally designed and developed to showcase my skills with the iOS SDK. The app provides a polished, modern way of keeping score when playing the physical game of cornhole.
FrameworksUIkit, iOS SDK, Core Location, Core Bluetooth, Core Data, MapKit
ToolsXcode, Auto Layout, Interface Builder, TestFlight, Git, Charles, Adobe Photoshop
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering1992 - 1996University of Kentucky - Lexington, Kentucky