AWS DevOps Engineer2020 - 2020Canopy Servicing
- Hired as the first engineering employee to help the founders architect and build their AWS estate.
- Dramatically increased the speed of development by introducing the Serverless Framework enabling the application to be put in front of potential customers and VCs more quickly.
- Built a massively scalable proof of concept for calculating interest rates using AWS Step Functions and Lambda.
DevOps Lead Engineer2018 - 2020Dyson
- Served as the lead engineer for the digital cloud infrastructure team tasked to architect and implement a cloud infrastructure with a strong focus on infrastructure as code with Terraform and Ansible primarily in AWS and Azure.
- Designed and implemented a common framework for Docker services in AWS ECS and Fargate.
- Increased the velocity of application deployment by building CI/CD pipelines allowing developers and QA to run short-lived environments based on Git features branches.
- Decreased deployment time by removing manual steps and reliance on an individual’s knowledge with Team City, Octopus, and Jenkins.
- Led initiative on a multi-account strategy allowing for the automated network provisioning of hundreds of AWS accounts using Direct Connect and Transit Gateway.
- Built an application with Node.js allowing for global markets to create their own SEO redirects in Akamai for marketing promotions.
- Reduced AWS costs by 20% by implementing scaling patterns based on traffic and workload, rightsizing instances, and ensuring that resources are cleaned up properly by decommissioning tooling.
- Operated in bi-weekly sprints, participating in an array of agile ceremonies (Jira and Confluence).
Engineering Team Leader | DevOps2016 - 2018Eloquent Technologies
Technologies: Docker, Puppet, Configuration Management, Cloud, Node.js, VMware, PHP, Windows, Linux
- Supported and enhanced all technical offerings with practical application as well as participation in business strategy meetings that had a large positive impact on growth.
- Ensured uptime of cloud services through network upgrades, maintaining, and supporting multi-DC VMWare platforms, and managing Windows and Linux servers (Hands-on and Puppet).
- Designed and implemented Laravel-based API back ends with Vue.js-based front ends for a variety of software development projects. Deployed with bespoke CI/CD pipelines in Docker.
- Acted as the primary escalation point for first and second line teams, responsible for the support and sometimes provisioning of customers' IT infrastructures.
- Assisted in automating Cisco networking devices (NXOS/IOS) for layer 2 and layer 3 configurations including BGP and MPLS.
System Administrator2014 - 2016AH Warren Trust Ltd
Technologies: Docker, Hyper-V, Incident Management, Azure, Windows PowerShell, Windows Server
- Served as the sole system administrator for ~50 person organization.
- Replaced an aging infrastructure with a hybrid one using the on-premise resource (VMWare, Hyper-V) and cloud resource (Azure) for a mixture of Windows and Linux applications.
- Increased efficiency by creating RESTful APIs (Node.js) to automate labor-intensive tasks and display key performance metrics to directors.
- Enforced consistent state on networking devices using configuration management tools (Ansible).
- Maintained and supported a Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 ERP platform.
Software and Support Engineer2013 - 2014CFB Solutions
- Served as the team leader for a small team responsible for delivering managed services to customers within Windows Server and desktop environments.
- Designed and implemented a wireless internet service provider offering to 50+ residential and commercial properties.