- Senior DeveloperSearchD2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, elasticsearch, redis, postgresql, saltstack
- Created a scalable log processing pipeline analyzing millions of events.
- Designed advanced metrics and reports for testing and evaluation of real world search engines.
- Worked on full stack, from bussiness goals, through frontend tuning to backend development and tuning.
- Ensured high code quality by enforcing automatic testing on build server, code coverage trend reporting and code reviews.
- Proposed and successfully implemented business process changes to optimize signup and onboarding funnels yielding an increase in goal conversions.
- Ownerminio, s.r.o.2011 - PRESENT
- Created a platform for scraping various public government registers and databases.
- Built a platform for automatic data disambiguation, cleaning, and reconciliation of multiple messy public datasets.
- Managed traffic/performance analytics for several projects.
- Built a platform for making government contracts transparently available for anyone in Slovakia.
- Managed a search engine with 600K+ documents (TBs of raw data).
- Organized a monthly polyglot developer meet-up in Bratislava every month since 2011.
- Created a system for fraud detection in European Social Fund project proposals.
- Senior Back-end DeveloperSynopsiTV2011 - 2013
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Created a recommendation engine for movies & tv shows.
- Built a logging and quality evaluation platform for a recommendation engine and search-related sub-projects.
- Proposed and measured several UX exhancements.
- Created a crawling service scraping data from various online sources.
- Implemented various duplicate matching algorithms for cleaning and disambiguating data.
- Founderfoaf.sk2010 - 2012
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Sphinx
- Created and sold a project to download, clean, and update data about over 300K companies and 500K people from the official registers of Slovak companies, public procurement, debts, internet domains, and other public data.
- Supported a complex site handling over 500K page views a month.
- Created a framework for scraping, cleaning, and merging messy datasets.
- Built various visualizations and aggregation reports from gathered data.
- Fine tuned auto complete search for highly relevant instant responses.
- Researcher, PhD studentFaculty of Informatics and Information Technologies2008 - 2011
Technologies: Ruby (on Rails), R, SQL
- Built a news recommendation engine for the largest Slovak newspaper peaking at 3K+ rpm.
- Created and lead a new course on web development.
- Published multiple articles on recommendation systems and data mining.
- Led multiple teams of students.
- Built and supported various faculty sites (wiki, issue tracker…).
- ContractorFreelance2001 - 2011
- Built a "did you mean?" search feature for a major music website in Slovakia.
- Built and maintained web applications for various SMEs.
- Consulted several clients regarding SQL performance fine tuning.
- Created a popular random text generator for designers.
- Handled basic HTML/CSS work for various clients.