Owner2016 - PRESENTlenart.io
Technologies: Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Terraform, Helm, Docker, Linux, Debian, Bash, C++, Git, Python, Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, Go, Lua, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux, MySQL, Google Container Engine, Standard Template Library (STL), Concurrent Programming, Software Development, DevOps, Nginx, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Cloud Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), OAuth, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), OpenID, Cloud, Cloud Architecture, Distributed Systems, GNU Make
- Trained over a thousand professionals on cloud technologies.
- Designed, built, troubleshot, and fixed dozens of Kubernetes clusters.
- Communicated with spacecraft on another planet, and have software running on the International Space Station.
Developer2000 - PRESENTDebian
Technologies: Debian, Linux, C, C++, Bash, AutoTools, Git, dpkg, Kubernetes, GNU Make, Perl, Software Development, Debian Linux, Docker
- Packaged and maintained the official Kubernetes packages for Debian Linux.
- Updated and maintained the tar package (a core Linux tool, and one of the few essential packages in Debian).
- Onboarded and mentored new Debian maintainers, working as an application manager.
Site Reliability Engineer2013 - 2016Google, Inc.
Technologies: Go, C++, Python, Distributed Systems, MySQL Clustering, Borg, Blaze, Vitess, Linux, Debian, Bash, C, Git, Ubuntu, Flask, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux, MySQL, Standard Template Library (STL), Concurrent Programming, Software Development, DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Cloud Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud, Cloud Architecture
- Built automation for highly reliable (4 9s) MySQL database clusters of thousands of computers, providing the back end for services like YouTube.
- Designed and maintained backup, monitoring, scaling, and provisioning systems.
- Served as an on-call engineer for mission-critical database back ends.
- Interviewed engineer candidates over the phone and on-site.
Associate Lecturer2007 - 2011Eötvös Loránd University
Technologies: Mathematics, Computer Science, Postfix, Exim4, Dovecot, NFS, Samba, RAID, Linux, Debian, C, C++, PostgreSQL, Debian Linux, MySQL, Standard Template Library (STL), Software Development, Bash, GNU Make
- Taught C++, networking, Linux system administration, and mathematics.
- Managed Linux servers for the ELTE Institute of Mathematics.
- Conducted examinations for undergraduate students on various topics.