Verified Expert in Engineering
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Developer
Janos is an ex-Googler who builds, fixes, and teaches various technologies. He specializes in Linux, clusters (especially Kubernetes), cloud technologies, distributed systems, big data, including database design and clustering, programming in C/C++ and Go.
Debian Linux, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
The most amazing...
...infrastructure I've worked with is the single largest cluster on the planet.
- Trained over a thousand professionals on cloud technologies.
- Designed, built, troubleshot, and fixed dozens of Kubernetes clusters.
- Communicated with spacecraft on another planet, and have software running on the International Space Station.
- Packaged and maintained the official Kubernetes packages for Debian Linux.
- Updated and maintained the tar package (a core Linux tool, and one of the few essential packages in Debian).
- Onboarded and mentored new Debian maintainers, working as an application manager.
Site Reliability Engineer
- Built automation for highly reliable (4 9s) MySQL database clusters of thousands of computers, providing the back end for services like YouTube.
- Designed and maintained backup, monitoring, scaling, and provisioning systems.
- Served as an on-call engineer for mission-critical database back ends.
- Interviewed engineer candidates over the phone and on-site.
Eötvös Loránd University
- Taught C++, networking, Linux system administration, and mathematics.
- Managed Linux servers for the ELTE Institute of Mathematics.
- Conducted examinations for undergraduate students on various topics.
Terminal for Kubernetes Dashboardhttps://github.com/kubernetes/dashboard/pull/1939
Private GKE Cluster Support for Terraformhttps://github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-google/pull/1250
I was working on a larger project for a medical support organization and this was a side project. They required GKE provisioned with Terraform and no external IPs. Private clusters were in beta at the time and Terraform did not support them yet.
GCP Cloud DNS Support for acme.shhttps://github.com/acmesh-official/acme.sh/pull/1623
I wrote acme.sh in pure shell which makes it a preferable solution in some environments.
Bash, Python, Go, Lua, C, C++, Perl
GNU Make, Postfix, AutoTools, Git, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Terraform, NGINX, Helm, Exim4, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Concurrent Programming, Samba
Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Linux, Docker, Debian, Ubuntu, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MySQL, MySQL Clustering, PostgreSQL
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud, Cloud Architecture, Mathematics, Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Vitess, RAID, dpkg, Google Container Engine, Software Development, Cloud Infrastructure, OAuth, Borg, Dovecot, NFS, Blaze
OpenID, Standard Template Library (STL)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
Eötvös Loránd University - Budapest, Hungary
Professional Degree in Software Engineering
John von Neumann Technology College - Hungary