- DeveloperIono (via Toptal)2017 - 2018
Technologies: Python, Django, Vue.js, AWS
- Created an SPA from scratch using Vue/Vuex.
- Create a back-end service application from scratch and deployed it to several environments (for testing and production).
- Designed and implemented the REST API for the SPA to interact with.
- Designed and partially implemented the environment setup, supported by AWS and HCB (a third-party provider).
- Entirely debugged and refactored legacy code to parse medical files/data from different vendors.
- Senior Django DeveloperConsumerAffairs.com (via Toptal)2016 - 2018
Technologies: Django, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL, REST, Docker
- Designed and implemented REST APIs for different purposes and use cases.
- Refactored existing code to increase overall performance.
- Worked closely with product managers to deliver effective and efficient solutions to business problems.
- Node/React DeveloperNetspark Media, Inc. (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
- Created an MVP from scratch for a Chrome extension to show security risks in the Chrome browser.
- Extended the MVP as per the client request, adding/changing/removing features.
- Added an HTML-based UI for the extension to allow the user to select different modes and see security reports.
- Python/Node DeveloperBuildRX (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: Python, Node.js, AWS, Ruby
- Created AWS Lambda functions to handle input data for system integration.
- Created an API endpoint for the main integration.
- Deployed the service (in Ruby) on AWS EC2 based on an existing codebase.
- Implemented integration flow based on input eCommerce data and produced output based on established POC.
- Integrated code with Mandrill to send output via email.
- Python/Django DeveloperAtlantic Metro (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
Technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Created a script to migrate metadata from Ubersmith into the models in the system.
- Generalized the commission structure, generation, and payment of the sales agents system.
- Modified HTML/CSS code to display a new information scheme.
- Created automated tasks to synchronize sales information and generate commissions and partial payments.
- Full-stack PHP DeveloperTough Space Consulting (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
- Created schema for job dispatching, commission, and bonus plan manipulation.
- Created routines and schema to persist front-end information input.
- Created and maintained migration files and code manually.
- Data/Cloud EngineerEngineers Gate LP (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
Technologies: Java, Python, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
- Created a Java app for huge data transfer from a PostgreSQL DB to a Cassandra DB.
- Created a Python script to translate SQL-like queries into CQL queries.
- Created a Python script to perform client-side filtering of huge data sets.
- Software EngineerIntel2015 - 2016
Technologies: Java, Ant, C/C++, AWS
- Created virtual environments to be used for stress tests.
- Adapted code to work on several operating systems.
- Prepared build systems for AWS environments.
- Automated AWS environment deployments.
- Made improvements in broker systems to better handle concurrent messaging.
- DeveloperBetterVoice.com (via Toptal)2015 - 2015
Technologies: Python, Django
- Added i18n support for a big set of Django templates.
- Created POE files for language translation by the client's team.
- Created an editor macro to automate i18n tag edition and increase speed.
- Project ManagerBytelion2015 - 2015
Technologies: Python, Django, PostreSQL, AWS, Marionette.js, Backbone.js
- Managed the personnel budget for the project.
- Held daily Scrum meetings with the team.
- Participated in the interview process for technical hires.
- Managed feedback and expectations from the client.
- Communicated requirements to the team.
- Released the MVP.
- Project ManagerValleyWorks2014 - 2015
Technologies: PHP, Yii, HTML5, CSS3, Python, AngularJS, Django, MEAN
- Fixed bugs and improved an existing web app developed in PHP with the Yii framework.
- Managed a project for a Django and AngularJS web app for economic chart plotting (in D3.js).
- Managed a project for a Django and Ember.js web app for an eCommerce site.
- Senior Software EngineerVates S.A.2014 - 2015
Technologies: C++, Make, Bash, Perforce
- Adapted low-level legacy C++ code to work with a new RESTful API in TV set top boxes.
- Software Team LeaderClariPhy2013 - 2014
Technologies: C/C++, Python, Perl, Bash
- Designed the computer architecture for standalone optical communication equipment.
- Managed the software development team by distributing the workload, following progress, determining activities, and presenting results.
- Developed a Python script to automate initialization and administration software for the equipment's operating system.
- Developed a Python script to automate the testing process for all APIs produced by the team using Google Test.
- Cross-compiled several open source libraries and software to work with the equipment's computer.
- Senior EngineerClariPhy2012 - 2014
Technologies: Perl, Python, Bash
- Verified Verilog digital designs against high-level C++ communication models.
- Developed Perl scripts for testing automation and code generation.
- Developed Python scripts for automated modeling of low-level digital synthesis.
- Verified digital designs against synthesized designs through gate-level simulations.
- Developed a Bash script to automate verification and regression flow.
- Security ConsultantHewlett-Packard2010 - 2012
Technologies: Unix, Active Directory, Perl, MS Excel, Bash
- Created, modified, and deleted user accounts on several server platforms, including Unix and Active Directory.
- Wrote automation scripts to perform several common tasks under several technologies (Perl, MS Excel, Bash, and more).
- Planned the daily tasks for the entire team and handled several projects across the team.
- Worked on abandoned requests for several clients to make the company compliant with its SLA for such clients.
- Created and updated all documentation for the team, making certification of the ISO 27001 norm possible.
- Engineer InternCentro de Investigaciones Aplicadas2009 - 2009
Technologies: C/C++, PIC, Assembly
- Created several test benches for different modules of a radar that has been out of use for twenty years.
- Reviewed digital circuit documentation regarding different modules that integrated the radar.
- Served as a technical reference for software related issues for the rest of the organization.
- Designed and implemented several prototype modules for an embedded system-wide control computer.
- Re-implemented malfunctioning digital circuitry from scratch using digital design techniques.