Software Development Engineer2018 - PRESENTAmazon
Technologies: AWS Step Functions, AWS CloudFormation, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Java
- Designed and developed microservices architecture.
- Suspended non-paying accounts.
- Generated invoices for AWS customers.
Full-stack PHP Developer2019 - 2020RadicalMedia (via Toptal)
- Developed features on the back end related to search features.
- Improved the performance of a preexisting media uploading feature.
Node.js and Java Developer2019 - 2019Economic Security Planning (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular, Grails, Groovy, NPM, AWS, Express.js, Node.js, TypeScript
- Created an NPM package and managed its lifecycle.
- Rewrote an existing codebase in Groovy into its own TypeScript NPM module.
- Worked on bug fixes throughout different codebases (Angular clients, Groovy/Grails API, Node/Express API).
Freelance Software Developer2017 - 2018Iono (via Toptal)
Technologies: Docker, AWS, Vue.js, Django, Python
- Created a single-page app from scratch using Vue/Vuex.
- Create a back-end service application from scratch and deployed it to several environments (for testing and production).
- Designed and implemented the REST API for the SPA to interact with.
- Designed and partially implemented the environment setup, supported by AWS and HCB (a third-party provider).
- Entirely debugged and refactored legacy code to parse medical files/data from different vendors.
Freelance Senior Django Developer2016 - 2018ConsumerAffairs.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Docker, REST, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Python, Django
- Designed and implemented REST APIs for different purposes and use cases.
- Refactored existing code to increase overall performance.
- Worked closely with product managers to deliver effective and efficient solutions to business problems.
Freelance Node/React Developer2017 - 2017Netspark Media, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Created an MVP from scratch for a Chrome extension to show security risks in the Chrome browser.
- Extended the MVP as per the client request, adding/changing/removing features.
- Added an HTML-based UI for the extension to allow the user to select different modes and see security reports.
Freelance Python/Node Developer2016 - 2016BuildRX (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby, AWS, Node.js, Python
- Created AWS Lambda functions to handle input data for system integration.
- Created an API endpoint for the main integration.
- Deployed the service (in Ruby) on AWS EC2 based on an existing codebase.
- Implemented integration flow based on input eCommerce data and produced output based on established POC.
- Integrated code with Mandrill to send output via email.
Freelance Python/Django Developer2015 - 2016Atlantic Metro (via Toptal)
Technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Django, Python
- Created a script to migrate metadata from Ubersmith into the models in the system.
- Generalized the commission structure, generation, and payment of the sales agents system.
- Modified HTML/CSS code to display a new information scheme.
- Created automated tasks to synchronize sales information and generate commissions and partial payments.
Freelance Full-stack PHP Developer2015 - 2016Tough Space Consulting (via Toptal)
- Created schema for job dispatching, commission, and bonus plan manipulation.
- Created routines and schema to persist front-end information input.
- Created and maintained migration files and code manually.
Freelance Data/Cloud Engineer2015 - 2016Engineers Gate LP (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Python, Java
- Created a Java app for huge data transfer from a PostgreSQL DB to a Cassandra DB.
- Created a Python script to translate SQL-like queries into CQL queries.
- Created a Python script to perform client-side filtering of huge data sets.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Intel
Technologies: AWS, C, C++, Ant, Java
- Created virtual environments to be used for stress tests.
- Adapted code to work on several operating systems.
- Prepared build systems for AWS environments.
- Automated AWS environment deployments.
- Made improvements in broker systems to better handle concurrent messaging.
Freelance Python Developer2015 - 2015BetterVoice.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Django, Python
- Added i18n support for a big set of Django templates.
- Created POE files for language translation by the client's team.
- Created an editor macro to automate i18n tag edition and increase speed.
Project Manager2015 - 2015Bytelion
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Backbone.js, Marionette.js, AWS, Django, Python
- Managed the personnel budget for the project.
- Held daily Scrum meetings with the team.
- Participated in the interview process for technical hires.
- Managed feedback and expectations from the client.
- Communicated requirements to the team.
- Released the MVP.
Project Manager2014 - 2015ValleyWorks
Technologies: MEAN Stack, Django, AngularJS, Python, CSS3, HTML5, Yii, PHP
- Fixed bugs and improved an existing web app developed in PHP with the Yii framework.
- Managed a project for a Django and AngularJS web app for economic chart plotting (in D3.js).
- Managed a project for a Django and Ember.js web app for an eCommerce site.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Vates S.A.
Technologies: Perforce, Bash, Make, C++
- Adapted low-level legacy C++ code to work with a new RESTful API in TV set top boxes.
Software Team Leader2013 - 2014ClariPhy
Technologies: Bash, Perl, Python, C++, C
- Designed the computer architecture for standalone optical communication equipment.
- Managed the software development team by distributing the workload, following progress, determining activities, and presenting results.
- Developed a Python script to automate initialization and administration software for the equipment's operating system.
- Developed a Python script to automate the testing process for all APIs produced by the team using Google Test.
- Cross-compiled several open source libraries and software to work with the equipment's computer.
Senior Engineer2012 - 2014ClariPhy
Technologies: Bash, Python, Perl
- Verified Verilog digital designs against high-level C++ communication models.
- Developed Perl scripts for testing automation and code generation.
- Developed Python scripts for automated modeling of low-level digital synthesis.
- Verified digital designs against synthesized designs through gate-level simulations.
- Developed a Bash script to automate verification and regression flow.
Security Consultant2010 - 2012Hewlett-Packard
Technologies: Bash, Microsoft Excel, Perl, Azure Active Directory, Unix
- Created, modified, and deleted user accounts on several server platforms, including Unix and Active Directory.
- Wrote automation scripts to perform several common tasks under several technologies (Perl, MS Excel, Bash, and more).
- Planned the daily tasks for the entire team and handled several projects across the team.
- Worked on abandoned requests for several clients to make the company compliant with its SLA for such clients.
- Created and updated all documentation for the team, making certification of the ISO 27001 norm possible.
Engineer Intern2009 - 2009Centro de Investigaciones Aplicadas
Technologies: Assembly, PIC Firmware, C++, C
- Created several test benches for different modules of a radar that has been out of use for twenty years.
- Reviewed digital circuit documentation regarding different modules that integrated the radar.
- Served as a technical reference for software related issues for the rest of the organization.
- Designed and implemented several prototype modules for an embedded system-wide control computer.
- Re-implemented malfunctioning digital circuitry from scratch using digital design techniques.