Application Security Specalist2014 - PRESENTBest Buy
- Performed security assessments/penetration testing.
- Provided technical guidance, consulting, and governance for Best Buy's customers, workforce, partners, and other business stakeholders regarding security best practices.
- Handled code reviews for security defects.
- Wrote ad-hoc PowerShell scripts to perform specific security assessment actions.
- Maintained and enhanced internal websites used for doing penetration testing and generating reports.
Principal Good Guy2008 - PRESENTGood Guy Consulting
- Owner and Principal Consultant for Good Guy Consulting, Inc (http://www.goodguyconsulting.com).
- The company helps businesses apply technology to innovate and automate their business processes, for increased efficiency.
Developer2014 - 2014Cache Financial Services
- This shop was heavy into TDD and mocking frameworks.
- Supported and added new features to an internal website used by the bank’s back office to review/approve/decline uploaded checks.
- Participated in peer reviews for all code checkins.
Web Development Consultant2014 - 2014Thomson Reuters
Web Development Consultant2012 - 2014Best Buy
- Helped develop and support the In-Store and Online TradeIn applications, for the Secondary Markets Division. The application was used by the BestBuy employee whenever a client brought in a device for trade-in, to determine the value of the item brought in.
- Created a PowerShell module to automate code submission for static code analysis to Veracode.
- Created the initial threat model and worked with the internal Best Buy Enterprise Information Protection team to identify, classify and mitigate threats.
Team Lead/Consultant/Developer2011 - 2012Thomson Reuters
- Was a tech lead/developer for the FirmCentral and Concourse products, for the Thomson Reuters Legal division.
Developer/Consultant2010 - 2011Dow Jones
Technologies: Visual Studio 2010, C#, Castle ActiveRecord, Windsor Container IoC, MSTest, jQuery, and jQuery UI.
- Helped build a data import tool to get Telekurs data into the Dow Jones system.