Full-stack Developer2019 - PRESENTBlueStem Brands, Inc.
Technologies: React, Jest, Git, Jest, Sinon, Chai
- Developed for the Tools team, responsible for developing and supporting internal web applications/tools used to publish content to the various Bluestem retail web properties.
Principal Good Guy2008 - PRESENTGood Guy Consulting
- Provided custom software consulting, development, and training services for the financial, IT, insurance, legal, and retail industries.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2019Brightpeak Financial
- Developed web applications allowing applicants to apply for savings accounts and term life insurance policies with Thrivent Financial.
- Built a back-end API using C#, MSTest, Moq, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and ASP.NET Web API to collect health questionnaire information. This system allowed customers to provide their own health information for an insurance application instead of having a customer service representative collect it on the phone.
- Provided production support for Brightpeak web applications. Developed PowerShell scripts to automate common support tasks, wrote ad-hoc SQL queries to read/update support data in SQL Server, and maintained/enhanced several C# WinForms support tools.
Adjunct Faculty2017 - 2017Divergence Academy
Technologies: Windows PowerShell
- Taught a three-day Windows PowerShell course. The curriculum is based on the book Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches by Don Jones.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2017Best Buy
Technologies: React, Node.js, Express, VS Code, Jest
- Re-platformed the Best Buy Mexico website (http://www.bestbuy.com.mx) to the in-house platform. Helped migrate the Best Buy Global Header/Footer from English to Spanish, built the store details page, and built portions of the product display page. Other responsibilities included production support, release management, creating Jenkins jobs for builds/running automated tests, and interviewing new candidates.
- Built Geek Squad on Demand (GSoD). In September 2016, Best Buy piloted GSoD in the Cleveland and Atlanta markets to help consumers schedule in-home tech repair and support for their consumer electronics. I worked directly with the business stakeholders and designers to implement an MVP.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Dow Jones
Technologies: C#, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 4.5, NUnit, Web PAI, React, Git Node.js
- Developed/supported the Barrons.com site.
- Prototyped customer self service for the Wall Street Journal using React and Node.js.
Application Security Specalist2014 - 2015Best Buy
- Performed security assessments/penetration testing.
- Provided technical guidance, consulting, and governance for Best Buy's customers, workforce, partners, and other business stakeholders regarding security best practices.
- Handled code reviews for security defects.
- Wrote ad-hoc PowerShell scripts to perform specific security assessment actions.
- Maintained and enhanced internal websites used for doing penetration testing and generating reports.
Developer2014 - 2014Cache Financial Services
- Supported and added new features to an internal website used by the bank’s back office to review/approve/decline uploaded checks.
- Participated in peer reviews for all code check-ins.
Web Development Consultant2014 - 2014Thomson Reuters
- Helped build new features for the WestLaw Next suite.
Web Development Consultant2012 - 2014Best Buy
- Helped develop and support the In-Store and Online TradeIn applications, for the Secondary Markets Division. The application was used by the BestBuy employee whenever a client brought in a device for trade-in, to determine the value of the item brought in.
- Created a PowerShell module to automate code submission for static code analysis to Veracode.
- Created the initial threat model and worked with the internal Best Buy Enterprise Information Protection team to identify, classify and mitigate threats.
Team Lead/Consultant/Developer2011 - 2012Thomson Reuters
- Was a tech lead/developer for the FirmCentral and Concourse products, for the Thomson Reuters Legal division.
Developer/Consultant2010 - 2011Dow Jones
Technologies: Visual Studio 2010, C#, Castle ActiveRecord, Windsor Container IoC, MSTest, jQuery, and jQuery UI.
- Helped build a data import tool to get Telekurs data into the Dow Jones system.
Consultant2008 - 2010Thomson Reuters
- Documented WestLawNext™.
Principal Consultant2006 - 2008Magenic Technologies
- Developed a financial calendar web service, ETF center, ETF screener, and live usage statistics.
Senior Consultant2004 - 2006Inetium
Technologies: C#, .NET 2.0, Visual Studio 2005, ASMX Web Services, NHibernate, SQL Server 2005, and NUnit
- Developed for a license plate printing manufacturing system, a loan processing system, and a price quoting system.
Software Engineer2004 - 2004Agribank
Technologies: C#, .NET 1.1, Visual Studio 2003, Microsoft Application Updater Block/Microsoft BITS service
- Developed an automated build and deployment system.
Software Engineer2001 - 2004Microsoft
Technologies: C#, .NET 1.1, Visual Studio 2003, ADO.NET and SQL Server 2000
- Collaborated with a peer to prototype a plug-in UI. The leadership team demonstrated this prototype to Bill Gates!
Senior Consultant1997 - 2001Magenic
- Developer an internet portal for the energy management division.
- Mentored fellow developers on the Gateway.com team.
- Developed for the Target intranet portal which delivered a news feed, rotating ads, and a stock ticker.
- Contributed to the development of a tire retreading manufacturing system.
Consultant1996 - 1997PowerCerv
Technologies: PowerBuilder, InstallShield
- Developed setup applications for PowerCerv’s main product lines (PowerTOOL 5.0, PADLock 5.0, PCAdmin 5.0) using InstallShield.
Consultant1996 - 1996Consultants in Computer Software
Technologies: Microsoft Access 2.0
- Developed for a packaging management system using Microsoft Access 2.0.
Programmer1995 - 1996Schwan's
Technologies: Visual Basic 3/4, ODBC, DB2, SQL Server and Microsoft Access 2.0
- Developed for an order placement system used in the Schwan’s call center as well as a commission calculation system.
Programmer/Analyst Intern1994 - 1995BlueCross BlueShield of North Dakota
Technologies: TSO/ISPF, COBOL 370, DB2, JCL, and CICS
- Developed for Medicare Part B claims processing.