Senior Software Engineer
2015 - PRESENT
- Designed and built architecture for real-time collaboration of a Google Slides-type application, integrating existing Kendo UI code with new React layer, utilizing web sockets, schema-controlled data structures, and REST APIs.
- Built a framework for automated integration testing using Nightwatch, run by Bamboo. Created Gulp tasks for linting, cleaning, building, and installing pre-commit hooks.
- Created an extensible reporting module and auto-generated schemas using Node to interrogate Swagger API endpoints.
- Helped screen, interview, and mentor new developers.
- Led a team to design and implement new iOS and Android social apps using React Native and Redux application architecture.
Technologies: React, React Native, Redux, Babel, ES6/JSX, Kendo UI, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, Git, NVM, Node, Npm, Bower, Gulp, ESLint, Less, Bamboo, Nightwatch, Jest, Mac, Linux, Windows
2013 - 2015
- Designed and implemented a single-page network monitoring app UI using Ext JS 4.2, REST services through OData and .NET.
- Created extensible UI platform components reducing implementation time from weeks to minutes. Developed a framework of dashboards with complex reports and filtering.
- Introduced and implemented client-side MVC architecture, module pattern, and lazy loading. Extended the ExtJS framework to allow AngularJS-style component-localized controllers.
- Created coding standards and design patterns. Performed code reviews to ensure code hygiene and adherence to standards. Introduced unit test suites using Jasmine and JSHint in an automated build.
- Mentored developers in advanced JS, frameworks, implementations, and patterns. Instituted a book club to sharpen developers’ skills and encourage professional growth. Regularly hosted lunch & learn sessions, maintaining internal Wiki articles.
Technologies: Ext JS, AngularJS, jQuery, jQuery UI, RequireJS, Node.js, JSHint, JsDuck, Jasmine, Perforce, Windows