Senior Full-stack Developer and API Engineer2020 - 2020Toptal Client
- Worked on an enterprise Node application to support the migration and development of new service endpoints in SOA. Provided guidance for service consumers.
- Developed a React Native application to replace native iOS and Android web views. Consulted on best practices and conventions around naming, style, organization, and testing.
- Designed and implemented a greenfield service layer SDK to provide network communications, session management, SSL pinning, auth, and caching. Open to dynamic extension using decorators and dependency injection.
- Created testing infrastructure and reference implementations for new code using TDD, delivering 100% coverage and example solutions for complex mocking scenarios.
- Developed internal tooling to programmatically identify entities in test data, generate endpoint code from Postman exports. These saved days of manual investigation and code creation.
Full-stack Node Engineer2019 - 2020Automation Anywhere
- Developed an enterprise app using React, Node, and TypeScript.
- Developed analysis tools in Node to proactively identify problems with i18n resources. This allowed developers to spot and fix issues before they were released, eliminating an entire class of costly defects.
- Used TDD to deliver robust features with low risk to shareholders. Reduced cyclomatic complexity through characterization tests and refactoring, lowering maintenance efforts and minimizing defects.
- Created infrastructure utilizing Webpack, Babel, hot reloading, and React hooks. Led development on various internal tools using codemods, Node, and shell scripts.
Chief Architect2016 - 2019onQ
- Designed a high-volume analytics pipeline for real-time analysis of client activity across platforms.
- Constructed multiple web apps, a mobile app, many npm modules, and several internal tools. Oversaw development and releases.
- Created a dev process focused on flexibility and quality, branch restrictions requiring PR reviews, and CI with build and automated tests, finishing in deployment to staging environments. This allowed for rapid changes, a short feedback cycle, and speedy delivery to QA.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016Promethean
- Designed and built architecture for real-time collaboration of a Google Slides-type application, integrating existing Kendo UI code with a new React layer, utilizing websockets, schema-controlled data structures, and REST APIs.
- Built a framework for automated integration testing using Nightwatch, run by Bamboo. Created Gulp tasks for linting, cleaning, building, and installing pre-commit hooks.
- Created an extensible reporting module and auto-generated schemas using Node to interrogate Swagger API endpoints.
- Helped screen, interview, and mentor new developers.
- Led a team to design and implement new iOS and Android social apps using React Native and Redux application architecture.
UI Architect2013 - 2015Ipswitch
- Designed and implemented a single-page network monitoring app UI using Ext JS 4.2, REST services through OData and .NET.
- Created extensible UI platform components reducing implementation time from weeks to minutes. Developed a framework of dashboards with complex reports and filtering.
- Introduced and implemented client-side MVC architecture, module pattern, and lazy loading. Extended the Ext.js framework to allow AngularJS-style component-localized controllers.
- Created coding standards and design patterns. Performed code reviews to ensure code hygiene and adherence to standards. Introduced unit test suites using Jasmine and JSHint in an automated build.
- Mentored developers in advanced JS, frameworks, implementations, and patterns. Instituted a book club to sharpen developers’ skills and encourage professional growth. Regularly hosted lunch & learn sessions, maintaining internal Wiki articles.