Senior DevOps | Software Engineer and Consultant2019 - PRESENTCascadeo
- Served as a consultant, senior DevOps, and software engineer in the core team tasked with full-stack software delivery, from development and deployment to supporting an AIOps platform product.
- Streamlined software development process and deployment by implementing Scrum, refactoring application architecture, optimizing CI/CD pipeline, and streamlining release process, which reduced deployment error to almost zero.
- Led the domain-driven microservice architecture design, implementation, and refactoring, and various component development within the product.
DevOps Consultant2018 - 2019TD Bank Group
Technologies: Jenkins, Atlassian Confluence, Testing, DevOps
- Sped up the cloud resource provisioning process by 1500% through blueprint (Cloudify and OpenStack infrastructure code) optimization.
- Enhanced the test environment upgrade scheduling and collaboration by developing an extensible self-service portal for the IT operations team.
- Improved the reporting process by removing manual steps and unnecessary handoff.
Enterprise DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Mosaic North America
Technologies: DevOps, Azure, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Testing, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Docker, Rancher
- Developed best practice documentation and promoted DevOps cultures across global IT teams across the US, UK, and Canada.
- Collaborated closely with development, QA, and infrastructure teams to identify and solve bottlenecks in the application delivery process.
- Created proofs of concept using new cloud technologies or methodologies and demonstrated these to various development teams.
- Implemented continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines across various programs or development teams using Azure DevOps, VSTS, Jenkins, and GitLab.
- Migrated legacy applications to Kubernetes and Microsoft Azure Cloud.
Senior DevOps Engineer2008 - 2018Cascadeo
Technologies: Chef, Ansible, AWS, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Kubernetes
- Contributed to architecting and developing highly available IT monitoring solutions and other operations tools, mostly written in Python, using Agile methodologies.
- Developed scripts, such as Chef cookbooks, AWS CloudFormation templates, and Terraform templates to automate deployments.
- Developed serverless applications and RESTful APIs using Serverless Framework and Node.js to optimize IT operations.
- Developed, deployed, and maintained the custom monitoring solution and deployment tools capable of monitoring 20,000+ devices.
- Provided Tier 3 technical support to clients relating to AWS, VMWare, Linux and Unix, Zenoss, Nagios, ELK stack, Splunk, and LAMP stack.
Linux Systems Engineer2009 - 2011Relation House Digital Bureau
Technologies: Nginx, Varnish, LAMP
- Deployed, patched, and monitored high-traffic production LAMP stacks, Nginx, Varnish, and Squid Proxy according to the runbook.
- Set up NMS tools such as Nagios and Zenoss to monitor systems.
- Responded to NMS alerts to ensure that systems are available within the SLA and the runbook is up to date.
- Coordinated code and infrastructure changes with web developers and stakeholders before deployment to ensure resource availability and smooth deployment.
Software Engineer and Systems Administrator2006 - 2011Freelance
Technologies: Python, VoIP, SIP, XMPP
- Developed voice and video over IP, instant messaging, and patient record management system components for RxBox, a telemedicine device capable of capturing and transmitting signals to a clinical specialist remotely.
- Developed a web-based parent-child matching application for an international adoption agency.
- Developed a web-based admin interface for a commercially available embedded Linux appliance.
- Developed programmer's manual and tested sample codes for a commercially available wireless point of sale (POS) terminal.
- Maintained, patched, and installed laboratory software and equipment consisting of at least 100 Linux desktops and servers, routers, and switches at the College of Engineering of the University of the Philippines.
- Tested, deployed, and monitored networking equipment, parabolic antenna, and power over ethernet adapters for use in a national government-funded project which aimed to connect schools in the rural area in the Philippines to the internet.