Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Jesse is a developer with experience in mobile, full-stack web, and DevOps development. He works in great detail with industry-leading technologies such as Kubernetes, gRPC, and Redis and excels in several programming languages such as Go, Python, Kotlin, and Node.js. With his vast array of skills, Jesse thoroughly understands many aspects of the industry and applies the best fit on a case per case basis.
Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Go, Node.js, gRPC, Flutter, CI/CD Pipelines, Microservices, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration (CI), GitHub, DevOps Engineer
The most amazing...
...thing I've created from scratch is a Kubernetes-native distributed event streaming platform.
Semper Fi IT Solutions
- Designed a multi-tenant platform on top of Camunda to build executable workflows for government agencies, helping them work more efficiently with upgraded industry standards and disrupting the current landscape.
- Oversaw technical planning for a small team to build this platform efficiently as a SaaS solution.
- Automated CI/CD in a maintainable way to ship rolling releases, with instant feedback on potential failures before they can reach production and monitoring on the other side to gain insights into potential issues in the live environments.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Configured new and existing applications onto Kubernetes, solving the need for scalable, cost-effective global deployments and optimizing the development process for new and existing apps.
- Leveraged the Kubernetes Vertical Pod Autoscaler to get recommendations on resource usage to minimize resource usage across all projects.
- Implemented an overwritable front-end configuration strategy to save up to 80% in build-time execution.
- Introduced new cloud technologies to leverage the power of existing solutions, resulting in more insights into the topology of interconnected systems and system failures.
- Set up workflows to enable on-demand environments to be spun up.
Learning Break Technology Inc
- Automated Google Cloud Platform infrastructure with Terraform and GitHub Actions, resulting in easy-to-maintain infrastructure.
- Developed Cloud Functions to show and introduce different capabilities to newly onboarded developers.
- Configured automated pipelines for Google Cloud Run deployments with full integration and testing capabilities.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Created Terraform scripts to create a Kubernetes cluster in AWS, Azure, and GCP to host the Causal AI Platform (CAP) for an AI company.
- Implemented the AWS EFS CSI driver with Terraform to automatically bind expandable volumes to the AWS EKS cluster.
- Scripted a minikube installation with all requirements needed to develop the Causal AI Platform on developer machines.
- Redesigned and developed tools for onboarding new customers and the automated setup of their required infrastructure.
- Fixed several issues found during penetration testing that improved the platform's security and reliability.
- Collected and calculated data insights to provide the customers with the report statistics on internal services.
- Shared knowledge about Docker by running the workshops at different universities in Belgium, which improved overall company visibility.
- Trained new joiners on different topics, taught them best practices and onboarded them into the company.
- Gave multiple speeches at our conferences to share knowledge with colleagues.
- Contributed to several in-house applications for feel-good and customer success purposes, experimenting with new technologies in a professional environment.
- Automated pipelines to production, which removed over 30% of the technical support team's workload, allowing them to improve other areas of the company.
- Structured a knowledge base on Confluence for different teams to share knowledge about the products in a standardized way.
- Rolled out Kubernetes to replace the original legacy Tomcat VM deployments that were hard to scale, configure, debug, and maintain.
Lead Software Engineer
- Designed and built a Kubernetes-native distributed event streaming platform as a core distribution system for all platform events.
- Automated certificate management for all services, securing all communication channels with mTLS.
- Developed a mobile application to manage tasks in Flutter that was very responsive because it used bidirectional streaming and incorporated live updates across multiple devices at its core.
- Stress-tested components in the platform to test and improve the scalability of the distributed platform.
- Analyzed business requirements and recorded them in BPMN schemas during workshops with the customer, which resulted in tremendous business-IT alignment, design transparency, and short development cycles.
- Improved pipeline speed by over 150% and integrated post-deployment sanity checks to improve overall release quality.
- Introduced documentation-driven development, which allowed teams to work more easily simultaneously.
Miniseries: Getting Started with Rust Using Rustlingshttps://medium.com/@verbruggenjesse/getting-started-with-rust-using-rustlings-part-1-variables-4dbcdfbfa58f
I made this project specifically to teach students at the university several features they would need to successfully create their project in Flutter.
Terraform, GitHub, Vault, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Amazon EKS, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Camunda BPM
Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, Continuous Deployment, Microservices, Serverless Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), Azure DevOps, Test Automation
Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Linux, Azure, Unix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Rancher
CI/CD Pipelines, Containerization, DevOps Engineer, Networking, Back-end, AWS DevOps, Cloud Architecture, Scalability, Load Balancers, Cloud Services, GitHub Actions, Azure Service Bus, Public Speaking, Training, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Argo CD, Technical Writing, Writing & Editing, Virtual Machines, Amazon RDS, .NET 6
Go, C#, Python, Kotlin, Java, SQL, Rust
gRPC, Flutter, Next.js
Google Cloud, Redis, PostgreSQL, Redis Cache, Dgraph, InfluxDB
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Thomas More University of Applied Sciences - Geel, Belgium
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
Cloud Native Computing Foundation
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring