Software Developer2010 - PRESENTInternational Trip Planning Services
Technologies: Java, JBoss, MySQL, Seam, Hibernate, JSF, Git, Maven
- Implemented extensive data modeling around flights, trips, aircraft, passengers, etc.
- Used Java reflections to create an automated framework for stamping/filling PDF, Word, Excel, and plain text templates.
- Provided REST API endpoints for customers to upload trip data.
- Implemented REST and SOAP services for transmitting data to government agencies.
- Generated PDFs from scratch.
Software Engineer IV2017 - 2018Mitratech
- Collaborated across teams to implement new REST API endpoint for web applications.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Taught the development team to write unit tests using JUnit and Mockito.
- Used AppDynamics to identify several inefficient processes and propose methods for improvement.
- Refactored memory-inefficient Hibernate queries to use pagination and scrollable results.
Software Developer2013 - 2017Apptio, Inc.
Technologies: Java, Git, Mercurial, Gradle, TeamCity, MySQL, REST, LDAP
- Developed for and maintained an internal deployment tool written in Java.
- Created an internal Java application that collected availability metrics of customer instances and correlated this data with support tickets.
- Created an internal Java application to manage security (via LDAP) for customer instances.
- Implemented authentication for a web application using role assumption with Amazon Web Services.
- Leveraged Amazon Web Services APIs to retrieve customers' AWS usage data and feed into Apptio's flagship application for aggregation and metrics.