Back-end Developer2020 - PRESENTGameFace
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS SDK, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Java, Git, GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, REST, REST APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit, Discord, OAuth 2, OAuth, SQL, PostgreSQL, Liquibase, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Automated Testing
- Developed and maintained several integrated Spring Boot applications in a microservice architecture, communicating between services using REST APIs.
- Integrated back end with payment processing and collection services like PayPal.
- Implemented authentication using OAuth2 and eventually with AWS Cognito.
- Participated in architectural design sessions and discussions. Provided feedback and direction for high-level design decisions and considerations.
Software Developer / Architect2010 - PRESENTInternational Trip Planning Services
Technologies: Jenkins, Unix, JUnit, REST APIs, Hibernate, JBoss Seam, Java, Back-end, Maven, Git, JSF, Seam, MySQL, JBoss, Amazon Web Services (AWS), WildFly, Microservices, RESTful Microservices, Microservices Architecture, CSS, Amazon EC2, Automated Testing
- Implemented extensive data modeling around flights, trips, aircraft, passengers, and more.
- Used Java reflections to create an automated framework for stamping/filling PDF, Word, Excel, and plain text templates.
- Provided REST API endpoints for customers to upload trip data.
- Implemented REST and SOAP services for transmitting data to government agencies.
- Generated PDFs from scratch using a combination of JSF templating and iText.
- Architectured design decisions and implementation.
Senior Java Developer2022 - 2022Phennecs, LLC
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, REST APIs, AsyncTask, Maven, Unit Testing, PostgreSQL, Integration Testing, Multithreading, Hibernate, Git, Kubernetes, Salesforce, Streaming Data, OAuth, Salesforce API
- Developed a high-performance Java web application (Spring Boot) that backs up and restores customer data in SalesForce by interfacing with the SalesForce API and writing to/reading from Apache Hive tables.
- Designed and implemented complicated logic to restore previously backed up SalesForce data involving dependent/child objects.
- Re-architected the application to break certain processes into atomic parts, so long-running processes can be stopped and restarted at arbitrary times, greatly facilitating the upgrading of customers to new versions.
- Wrote unit and integration tests for several Spring Boot applications where previously there was zero test coverage.
- Participated in high-level architectural design discussions for complicated business processes.
Senior Software Developer / Architect2020 - 2020Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Managed a team of overseas engineers and mentored on best coding practices and writing effective tests.
- Coordinated production deployment of various services, including QA checks.
- Participated in high-level design discussions and architectural reviews.
Senior Software Developer2018 - 2020Priceline
Technologies: Java, Git, DevOps, SQL, REST, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, JUnit, Spring MVC, Automated Testing
- Developed an airline pricing aggregator using Spring Boot. The application would query a number of different sources for typical air itineraries using a multi-threaded architecture and compile the results for human consumption.
- Maintained several legacy Java applications, responding to outages, diagnosing errors, and implementing critical fixes.
- Developed and implemented messaging architecture using Apache Kafka.
Software Engineer IV2017 - 2018Mitratech
- Collaborated across teams to implement a new REST API endpoint for web applications.
- Mentored junior developers on good coding practices and writing automated tests.
- Taught the development team to write unit tests using JUnit and Mockito.
- Used AppDynamics to identify several inefficient processes and propose methods for improvement.
- Refactored memory-inefficient Hibernate queries to use pagination and scrollable results.
Software Developer2013 - 2017Apptio, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Unix, JUnit, REST APIs, Java, Back-end, LDAP, REST, MySQL, TeamCity, Gradle, Mercurial, Git, JavaServer Pages (JSP), Groovy, Amazon EC2, Automated Testing
- Developed for and maintained an internal deployment tool written in Java.
- Created an internal Java application that collected availability metrics of customer instances and correlated this data with support tickets.
- Built an internal Java application to manage security (via LDAP) for customer instances.
- Implemented authentication for a web application using role assumption with AWS.
- Leveraged AWS APIs to retrieve customers' AWS usage data and feed it into Apptio's flagship application for aggregation and metrics.