Back-end Developer2020 - PRESENTGameFace
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, AWS SDK, AWS ECS, Java, Git, GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, REST, REST APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit, Discord, OAuth 2, OAuth, SQL, PostgreSQL, Liquibase, AWS API Gateway
- Developed and maintained several integrated Spring Boot applications in a microservice architecture, communicating between services using REST APIs.
- Integrated back end with payment processing and collection services like PayPal.
- Implemented authentication using OAuth2 and eventually with AWS Cognito.
- Participated in architectural design sessions and discussions. Provided feedback and direction for high-level design decisions and considerations.
Software Developer / Architect2010 - PRESENTInternational Trip Planning Services
Technologies: Jenkins, Unix, JUnit, REST APIs, Hibernate, JBoss Seam, Java, Back-end, Maven, Git, JSF, Seam, MySQL, JBoss, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, WildFly, Microservices, RESTful Microservices, Microservices Architecture, CSS
- Implemented extensive data modeling around flights, trips, aircraft, passengers, and more.
- Used Java reflections to create an automated framework for stamping/filling PDF, Word, Excel, and plain text templates.
- Provided REST API endpoints for customers to upload trip data.
- Implemented REST and SOAP services for transmitting data to government agencies.
- Generated PDFs from scratch using a combination of JSF templating and iText.
- Architectured design decisions and implementation.
Senior Software Developer / Architect2020 - 2020Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Managed a team of overseas engineers and mentored on best coding practices and writing effective tests.
- Coordinated production deployment of various services, including QA checks.
- Participated in high-level design discussions and architectural reviews.
Senior Software Developer2018 - 2020Priceline
Technologies: Java, Git, DevOps, SQL, REST, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, JUnit, Spring MVC
- Developed an airline pricing aggregator using Spring Boot. The application would query a number of different sources for typical air itineraries using a multi-threaded architecture and compile the results for human consumption.
- Maintained several legacy Java applications, responding to outages, diagnosing errors, and implementing critical fixes.
- Developed and implemented messaging architecture using Apache Kafka.
Software Engineer IV2017 - 2018Mitratech
- Collaborated across teams to implement a new REST API endpoint for web applications.
- Mentored junior developers on good coding practices and writing automated tests.
- Taught the development team to write unit tests using JUnit and Mockito.
- Used AppDynamics to identify several inefficient processes and propose methods for improvement.
- Refactored memory-inefficient Hibernate queries to use pagination and scrollable results.
Software Developer2013 - 2017Apptio, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS S3, Unix, JUnit, REST APIs, AWS, Java, Back-end, LDAP, REST, MySQL, TeamCity, Gradle, Mercurial, Git, JavaServer Pages (JSP), Groovy
- Developed for and maintained an internal deployment tool written in Java.
- Created an internal Java application that collected availability metrics of customer instances and correlated this data with support tickets.
- Built an internal Java application to manage security (via LDAP) for customer instances.
- Implemented authentication for a web application using role assumption with AWS.
- Leveraged AWS APIs to retrieve customers' AWS usage data and feed it into Apptio's flagship application for aggregation and metrics.