Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Joe is an expert test automation architect with several years of proven experience. He worked as a QA/automation lead for an international company's innovation lab. Over the course of his career, he's set up numerous test automation strategies from scratch, led QA engineering teams in Agile environments, and provided quality training. His developer background gives him the technical skills to create high-quality code.
The most amazing...
...thing I've accomplished was refactoring thousands of lines of code where 4 suites were merged into one at Nationwide.
QA Automation Engineer
- Created UI test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Ran tests on Circle CI nightly and within the build process.
- Led process formation around automation implementation.
- Reported test results with TestRail.
- Mentored others on automation best practices.
- Maintained NiFi flows from various data sources to a Hadoop data lake.
- Assisted in building and maintaining PySpark scripts.
- Led test automation initiatives within the data engineering group.
Lead Developer, Quality Assurance Automation
- Led multiple teams to ensure high test reliability and product quality.
- Architected and implemented automation testing suites for five react web apps and a node webkit kiosk app- using Ruby with Cucumber, Watir, and Page-Object gems.
- Architected test suite for unified iOS and Android using Ruby and Appium to replace previous Ruby and Calabash based suite.
- Designed and maintained services test suite in Java with TestNG.
- Set up and maintained Jenkins jobs and virtual machines and Mac Minis to run tests.
Senior QA Engineer/Senior SDET
Dollar Shave Club
- Created all web automation testing suites using Ruby with Cucumber, Watir, and Page Object.
- Created REST automation testing suites using Net/Http in Ruby.
- Created Jenkins jobs for test runs.
- Integrated with SauceLabs for parallelization of test runs.
- Mentored other QA colleagues in testing best practices.
Senior Automation Developer
- Maintained web testing suite using JRuby with Page-Object, Watir, and Active Record.
- Tested Windows environments for property software using manual techniques and automation testing using Ruby with Rautomation.
- Maintained web service testing suite using SoapUI and Ruby with the Savon gem.
- Utilized Jenkins to run tests over night.
- Reported test results to the team at daily scrum.
- Tested web SaaS platform and Windows environments for Residential Management software manually.
- Performed automated testing using Ruby, Cucumber, Watir, Active Record, Nokogiri on a web SaaS platform.
- Created performance testing using SILK Performer.
Selenium, Hadoop, Appium
Ruby Page Object, Selenium Grid
Watir, Cucumber, Jenkins, CircleCI, Apache NiFi, Jira, TestRail, Trello, Rally
Test Automation, Agile
Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, Parallel Testing, NiFi, Sauce Labs
Linux, Windows, iOS, Android
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apache Hive
Master of Arts Degree in Mathematics
University of Toledo - Toledo, Ohio
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics
Miami University - Oxford, Ohio