Verified Expert in Engineering
Embedded Software Developer
John is an accomplished engineering professional with a proven track record of leading teams to develop cutting edge technology solutions across a wide range of industries including cybersecurity, embedded systems, enterprise servers, and mobile computing. His extensive experience working with embedded systems enables him to adapt to fast-paced work environments.
Software, Agile, Git, Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab, Jira, Python, Embedded C, C, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I have worked on was a framework for delivering cyber payloads using existing RF platforms. The work earned my team Raytheon's EIET award.
Practical Software Craftsmanship, LLC
- Developed firmware for an IoT device using LoRA WAN technology for the customer. Firmware developed using Embedded C for ARM processors.
- Performed cybersecurity services for other customers to be compliant with NIST standards.
- Created SOP and POAM cybersecurity deliverables to maintain compliance.
Senior Principal Cyber Security Engineer
- Served as a principal investigator for cyber R&D projects. Mentor engineers executing projects and provide technical subject matter expert guidance for all cyber projects.
- Oversaw technology and budgets for cyber R&D projects.
- Participated in business wide activities to push cyber technologies for customers including conducting R&D intellectual property submissions and presenting R&D technology to the board of directors.
Principal Cyber Security Engineer
- Managed the software development team in Austin. Conducted staff performance reviews and aid staff in obtaining career goals.
- Provided technical leadership on critical cyber R&D projects. Presented technical material for architectural reviews to senior staff. Presented at several customer presentations and demonstrations of R&D technology.
- Performed recruiting and recruitment processes to help grow the site from 3 to 20+.
- Earned SIGovs Top Engineer for Austin site 2015. Earned Excellence in Engineering and Technology (EIET) award from Raytheon in 2015 / 2017.
Software Applications Specialist
- Delivered and supported software drivers for PowerVR graphics IP for customers using ARM platforms.
- Provided customer support for Linux Xorg and Android OS graphics driver and API.
- Provided onsite support to customers by working at customer sites to debug issues with driver porting.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and developed embedded Linux applications for the Chassis Management Controller.
- Acted as the scrum master for the agile team developing iDRAC and CMC firmware.
- Set up a new process for test/development team interaction.
Manager 4G Platform Software
- Oversaw development for WiMAX and LTE Host Platform drivers and applications for Windows and Linux platforms.
- Led a team of six engineers to continue support for a growing customer base for WiMAX/LTE modem. Performed staff performance reviews. Implemented standardized development best practices.
- Designed, developed, and tested Linux drivers and modules for WiMAX and LTE chipsets using C.
- Developed SDIO drivers for three different Host processors for WiMAX. (OMAP 2420, OMAP 2430, and MSM6800). Developed USB drivers for Ubuntu 8.04 for both LTE and WiMAX.
- Continued development of additional applications and drivers for WiMAX and LTE. Developed network drivers and specialty applications to configure and monitor WiMAX settings.
Ajilon Consulting (Texas Instruments)
- Developed drivers for emulation software for ARM processors.
- Enhanced memory access functionality for ARM7 and ARM9 processors to speed up program downloads.
- Ported Windows CE.NET to proprietary hardware for both Intel SA1110 and PXA25x microcontrollers. Develop device drivers and applications for the devices using C/C++ and assembly as a member of a team.
- Designed WinCE.NET OAL, kernel and drivers, including PCMCIA, display, touch, IrDA, fast IrDA, power, backlight, audio, GSM/GPRS, SD/SDIO, Bluetooth, 802.11/ZeroConfig, MMC, and corresponding Control Panels.
- Worked on entire software development, testing, and user manual documentation for three devices over this three year period as part of a remote team of five in Houston.
Firmware Design Engineer
- Designed and implemented Server Management features for IA64 4-way and 8-way severs.
- Developed code to interact with several system I2C devices including PCF8575, Heceta5, etc.
- Managed a small team of evaluation engineers to meet testing requirements for IA64 4-way servers.
- Developed a new system of team interaction to enable better testing coverage for all products. This new system produced firmware that came out of final testing with the fewest defects ever for server management firmware.
Framework for Delivering Cyber Payloads
Asset Tracker Bootloader
Cyber Payload Builder
Chassis Management Controller Firmware
Driver/Firmware Developer for 4G Modems
Embedded C++, Embedded C, C, C++, Python, ARM Assembler, Tcl
Linux, Windows, Windows CE, Android
Embedded Systems, Real-time Embedded Systems, System Design, Software Architecture, Debugging, Firmware, Leadership, Embedded Software, Reverse Engineering, Device Drivers, Software, LoRaWAN, ARM, JTAG, Graphics, Linux Kernel Drivers, Enterprise, Servers, I2C, WiMAX, Long-term Evolution (LTE), Hardware, USB, GSM, GPRS, IEEE 802.11, Scripting
Git, Jira, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket
Secure Digital Input//Output (SDIO)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Texas A&M University - College Station, TX