Verified Expert in Engineering
John is a versatile, results-driven tech leader with 20 years of leadership, program, and business operations experience. He has demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, integrating business solutions, and directing mission-critical enterprise projects. John is a hands-on contributor in system analysis, process improvement, governance, compliance, cybersecurity, software development, network infrastructure administration, and knowledge of SharePoint solutions on-premise/cloud.
REST, Web API, Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint 365, SharePoint, C#, Visual Studio, Windows 10
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a reverse logistics service-oriented system for Flextronics which grew to become a multimillion-dollar business line.
Senior SharePoint Developer Technical Lead
California Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Developed and supported the new budget submission and review app modernization from Excel to the web. The budget app uses rules to allow only qualified data to be entered, validated, and submitted.
- Developed application for budget approval, rejection, or modification. Used by a local and state implementing agencies. Additionally provides reporting federal, state and local agencies.
- Created a system that allows for budget adjustments during the year and update budgets accordingly. Each budget is printable as an Excel document. The Excel report and SharePoint custom solution meet current ADA standards.
Senior SharePoint Architect
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Led the migration of SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint O365 for more than 60,000 users and 3,000 sites.
- Managed the rollout of Microsoft Teams strategy and implementation with SharePoint online for the department.
- Migrated SharePoint 2010 to 2013 for more than 60,000 users and 3,000 sites and with no downtime.
- Maintained a 99.99% uptime for all three production on-premise SharePoint environments for the last five years. Currently the second most critical application in the department.
- Wrote, tested, and deployed several PowerShell scripts for disaster recovery and build automation which ensured the recovery of three terabyte production environments within a 2-hour window.
- Architected and implemented all three environments as well as the training of technical staff on SharePoint administration, automation, performance, and capacity planning.
- Provided governance and technical leadership for CDCR with CCHCS. Developed custom solutions for the Division of Rehabilitative Programs (DRP) group and provided support for their existing environments.
- Developed custom reports with SQL Reporting Services Integrated Mode and Business Intelligence Center.
Senior SharePoint Architect
California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- Responsible for the migration of the SharePoint 2010 on-premise environment to SharePoint Online. Developed the project and communication plan for the end-user community and built a system to provide label generation for the mailroom team.
- Provided training and mentoring to technical staff on the SharePoint O365 tenant and Azure environment. Responsible for setting up and configuring tenants for the development of new SharePoint Framework web parts.
- Developed the current iteration of the product with C#7.0 and implemented it with SharePoint Framework 1.7.x, REST API, TypeScript, React, Azure Functions, MS Graph API, and Azure AD.
- Migrated 200+ SharePoint sites to SharePoint Online using ShareGate.
- Managed department-wide communication and training to users.
Senior Software Architect
- Developed new REST/OData Web APIs and client applications using WinForms, WPF, and modern web technologies.
- Played a key role in structuring Visual Studio projects/solutions for managing the components of the application such as application/API logic, model objects, database migrations, and background applications.
- Learned new technology stacks such as MySQL, Adaptive Threat (ATP), and behavior datasets/concepts, along with assisting in development with a full server installer MSI package, which required special serve/user licensing.
- Created a software installer package for Windows Server 2012, IIS, and MySQL implementation for a software solution suite.
ManTech Cyber Solutions International
- Developed and maintained a commercial enterprise software package to manage the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of agent nodes. Also updated and maintained the agent codebase in C++.
- Developed the architecture and patterns for future implementation of service-oriented architecture in future releases.
- Developed patterns for unit tests for each tier of the application.
- Worked under the project management methodology of Scrum/Agile.
UC Davis Crocker Nuclear Laboratory
- Developed a custom portal for the IMPROVE network reporting samples, lab operations, lab devices calibrations, and custom reports.
- Built a custom Windows service for XRF devices to alert users if a problem occurs with the devices.
- Created custom integration service with XRF devices and lab operations. This service automatically loads data for the tray to be analyzed and return analyzed results to the central portal solution via WCF.
- Architected and implemented a physical tier split of the web, application, and database from an existing 2-tiered (web, database) solution to service-oriented architecture.
Senior .NET Developer
Wells Fargo Insurance Services
- Developed a custom portal for the Global Broker Network solution to facilitate collaboration between national and international brokers (for Wells Fargo insurance brokers and non-Wells Fargo insurance brokers and affiliates).
- Re-architected and implemented a physical tier split of web, application, and database from an existing 2-tiered (web, database) solution to service-oriented architecture.
- Developed patterns for unit tests for each tier of the application.
- Worked in an Agile/Scrum environment on the above-mentioned projects.
President | CEO
- Headed the development of all web projects including designing and supporting the web and database infrastructure for the company.
- Led security and audit practices and developed security best practices and procedures for the web and database environment.
- Gathered and defined project requirements, prepared system documentation and road maps, and worked with stakeholders to establish project milestones/timelines to ensure on-time delivery.
- Established user acceptance and system testing guidelines and directed local and remote development teams on all software development initiatives.
- Manage the web environment, including the administration of database servers, extranets, and internet sites.
- Worked as a major contributor to application development and system integration using various Microsoft technologies.
- Developed and launched several customer websites using SharePoint, DotNetNuke, ASP, ASP.NET, and Flash.
- Built and tuned SQL Server clusters and load-balanced web and application servers.
- Designed the overall look and feel of Intranet and various customer websites; also developed standards development practices and failover and disaster recovery plans.
- Configured the firewall, routers, and switches for particular application infrastructures; also collaborated with the operations team to design and implement the hardware infrastructure.
Senior Web Developer
- Headed the development of web-based enterprise application projects and supported the web infrastructure for international operations of 10 to 40,000 employees spanning 29 countries.
- Gathered and defined project requirements, prepared system documentation and road maps, and worked with both local and global stakeholders to establish project milestones/timelines to ensure on time delivery.
- Established user acceptance and system testing guidelines and directed local and remote development teams on all web initiatives.
- Designed the overall look and feel of Intranet and various applications.
- Developed and launched a web-based 5,000-user CRM system integrated with a 40,000-user employee directory system.
- Built a web-based automated quarterly bonus system and UI supporting 1,000 users.
- Worked as a member of the BizTalk implementation and design team; also designed and developed a BizTalk reporting tool.
- Managed the web environment, including the administration of servers databases, Intranet, extranets, and Internet sites. Implemented and maintained high-availability and scalable hardware architecture for the corporate web environment.
- Built SQL Server clusters and load-balanced web and application servers; also configured and tuned SQL and IIS servers.
CalFresh Healthy Living | Automation Applicationshttp://calfresh.dss.ca.gov/healthyliving/state-plan
The applications are used by internal and external users throughout California and hosted in Microsoft 365 environment. Users originally managed their content using multiple Microsoft Word documents and Excel files, which proved problematic. The new applications have streamlined data entry using modern web forms and greatly increased user efficiency and reporting to the federal government.
ASP.NET MVC, Windows PowerShell, ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework Core, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), SharePoint Framework (SPFx), ASP, ASP.NET, Entity, Entity 4, MVC Razor
SharePoint API, Web API 2, Web API, REST APIs, React, Windows Forms (WinForms), jQuery, LINQ
Visual Studio .NET, Microsoft Teams, Visual Studio, Microsoft Flow, Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Power Apps, Flash
SharePoint 2013, SharePoint, Windows Server 2012, SharePoint 365, Azure Functions, Windows, Windows Server 2016, Azure, DotNetNuke (DNN), Microsoft, Windows Server, SharePoint 2010
REST, Azure DevOps, Business Intelligence (BI), Scrum, Agile
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MySQL, SQL Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL, IIS SQL Server
Microsoft Graph API, OData, Microsoft Project Server, Governance, Office 365, Windows 10, IIS 8, Metalogix, AvePoint, SharePoint Online, COM, DCOM, ASP.NET MVC 2, WCF Web Services, Ajax, IIS 7