- Senior Consultant2018 - PRESENTInstaclustr
Technologies: Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Java
- Developed Instaclustr's PaaS offerings for Cassandra and Spark.
- Helped Instaclustr clients successfully deploy and optimize Apache technologies such as Cassandra, Spark, and Kafka.
- Senior DevOps Engineer2015 - 2017CloudPassage
Technologies: Chef, Ruby, Python, AWS, Rackspace, Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker
- Served as a data architect which entailed optimizing the Cassandra data model and tuning multiple Cassandra clusters.
- Solved production outages and created monitoring systems; as an SRE.
- Wrote the infrastructure code in Chef and Terraform to automate deployments, testing, and configuration changes.
- Hardened cloud systems through code auditing, penetration testing, patch management, and enforcing the encryption of data at rest and in transit.
- Created numerous tools and scripts to automate common forensic tasks such as tracking Chef server changes or updating user ACLs.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2014Knewton
Technologies: Java, Python, Scala, AWS, Cassandra
- Wrote unit and integration tests for Java services.
- Helped develop a student event microservice in Java.
- Created a deployment tool in Python that leveraged AWS API's (Boto library), Chef, and CloudFormation to simplify environment creation.
- Automated test environment creation in AWS and served as an SRE during my tenure as a systems engineer.
- Served as the deployment engineer for Java services and managed the Jenkins servers.