Software Engineer2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: React, PHP
- Worked as a solutions engineer for Facebook in Korea. Consulted Korean advertisers to adopt and utilize Facebook marketing solutions such as Dynamic Ads, Pixel, and App Events in order to achieve business objectives.
- Designed and implemented a new plugin API that helps engineers extract strings to be translated for the purpose of i18n from various sources such as code repositories, database, and files.
Team Lead2008 - 2015Kakao
Technologies: Java, Python, Scala, Spark
- Implemented a blog post ranking algorithm using bloggers’ trusts, which was computed by their recommendation histories.
- Created a personalized blog post feeder on Lucene.
- Modeled news and image collection ranking algorithms.
- Led a team to create a buzz search service from scratch, which gathers and evaluates users’ reactions to finding issues and related content.
- Led a team that focused on developing search keyword services, including auto-completion, query suggestions, and trends.
Software Engineer2006 - 2008Naver
Technologies: MySQL, Spring, Java
- Adopted Agile methodologies to decrease bugs and service failures.
- Integrated Java frameworks such as Spring, iBatis, and FreeMarker.
- Automated server managing and service deployment using Bash.
- Implemented network servers for communicating with game servers and backed up authentication Oracle servers by using a memory database instead.
- Worked as the technical lead for Hangame's web development center.
Web Developer2002 - 2006SK Communications and Unitel
- Developed websites using Struts and MySQL.
- Maintained and improved websites for online photo prints, online movies, and P2P sites as a lead developer.
- Implemented a back-end server with pooling sockets from clients and synced events with an external server.
- Worked with the Cyworld development team.