- Solutions Engineer2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: PHP, React
- Worked as a Solutions Engineer for Facebook in Korea.
- Team Lead2008 - 2015Kakao
Technologies: Spark, Scala, Python, Java
- Implemented a blog post ranking algorithm using bloggers’ trusts, which was computed by their recommendation histories.
- Created a personalized blog post feeder on Lucene.
- Modeled news and image collection ranking algorithms.
- Led a team to create a buzz search service from scratch, which gathers and evaluates users’ reactions to finding issues and related content.
- Led a team that focused on developing search keyword services, including auto-completion, query suggestions, and trends.
- Software Engineer2006 - 2008Naver
Technologies: Java, Spring, MySQL
- Adopted Agile methodologies to decrease bugs and service failures.
- Integrated Java frameworks such as Spring, iBatis, and FreeMarker.
- Automated server managing and service deployment using Bash.
- Implemented network servers for communicating with game servers and backed up authentication Oracle servers by using a memory database instead.
- Worked as the technical lead for Hangame's web development center.
- Web Developer2002 - 2006SK Communications and Unitel
- Developed websites using Struts and MySQL.
- Maintained and improved websites for online photo prints, online movies, and P2P sites as a lead developer.
- Implemented a back-end server with pooling sockets from clients and synced events with an external server.
- Worked with the Cyworld development team.