Verified Expert in Engineering
With over a dozen years of experience, Jongwook develops simple and robust software that delivers value to customers. Jongwook believes that showing the client a working software first and evolving that product together is important to the development process, so he welcomes changing requirements. He enjoys problem solving and communicating with motivated individuals.
Spark, Git, Linux, Python, PHP
The most amazing...
...project I’ve worked on involved gathering user feedback and modeling a rank algorithm for a social search collection.
- Worked as a solutions engineer for Facebook in Korea. Consulted Korean advertisers to adopt and utilize Facebook marketing solutions such as Dynamic Ads, Pixel, and App Events in order to achieve business objectives.
- Designed and implemented a new plugin API that helps engineers extract strings to be translated for the purpose of i18n from various sources such as code repositories, database, and files.
- Implemented a blog post ranking algorithm using bloggers’ trusts, which was computed by their recommendation histories.
- Created a personalized blog post feeder on Lucene.
- Modeled news and image collection ranking algorithms.
- Led a team to create a buzz search service from scratch, which gathers and evaluates users’ reactions to finding issues and related content.
- Led a team that focused on developing search keyword services, including auto-completion, query suggestions, and trends.
- Adopted Agile methodologies to decrease bugs and service failures.
- Integrated Java frameworks such as Spring, iBatis, and FreeMarker.
- Automated server managing and service deployment using Bash.
- Implemented network servers for communicating with game servers and backed up authentication Oracle servers by using a memory database instead.
- Worked as the technical lead for Hangame's web development center.
SK Communications and Unitel
- Developed websites using Struts and MySQL.
- Maintained and improved websites for online photo prints, online movies, and P2P sites as a lead developer.
- Implemented a back-end server with pooling sockets from clients and synced events with an external server.
- Worked with the Cyworld development team.
Task Management Systemhttps://github.com/fantazic/tms
Apache Spark, Hadoop, Spring, Spark, Django
Data Science, Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming
Machine Learning, Leadership, System Architecture
Amazon EC2, Linux
Bachelor's Degree in English Language and Literature
Yonsei University - Seoul