Jose Mari A Consador
Verified Expert in Engineering
Jose has 10 years of experience as a software engineer specializing in PHP. He has implemented various integrations for Zendesk to 3rd-parties such as HubSpot, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Shopify, and Slack, coordinating directly with teams from those companies. Jose has led teams across different regions, collaborating with colleagues throughout different time zones and cultures.
MacOS, Vagrant, Docker, PhpStorm, GitHub
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was the Zendesk integration for Slack, a middleware handling millions of events per day providing two-way communication for both.
Senior Full-stack Engineer (Freelance)
- Architected, built, and delivered the MVP for the project within the agreed estimated timelines.
- Worked as the lone developer on both the back end (Laravel) and the front end (implementation of designs using Vue).
- Set up the initial server and installed the required services. Created a Docker file for development environments.
Senior Software Engineer
- Optimized slow-running queries, resulting in a significant improvement in load times for the overall application.
- Implemented automated code deployment using Bitbucket pipelines with AWS CodeDeploy.
- Rebuilt a legacy app using Laravel and implemented Horizon to manage background jobs. This gave running and failed jobs visibility, which was a past pain point.
- Began implementation of unit tests for existing applications.
- Improved error reporting and logging capability, resulting in better debugging information.
- Implemented webpack bundling optimizations to improve assets management and cache.
Senior Software Engineer (Freelance)
- Delivered new features for an existing Ruby on Rails eCommerce application.
- Optimized page loading and resource creation by applying REST API best practices and offloading tasks to Sidekiq.
- Created a middleware for the Zendesk-Slack integration using Laravel for account registration and Go for the primary middleware.
- Planned the project's scope and sprint deliverables and coordinated with the project manager and team lead. Coached junior members of the team.
- Overlooked efforts to move existing integrations from VMs into docker containers to make way for the migration to Kubernetes.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built the Zendesk to HubSpot integration, a middleware that creates HubSpot contacts and timeline events based on Zendesk Support ticket events.
- Developed the Outlook to Zendesk integration where users can create Zendesk Support tickets via an Outlook add-in.
- Created a Shopify to Zendesk integration that adds the Zendesk Web Widget to Shopify stores and installs the Shopify ticket sidebar app on Zendesk to fetch customer order information.
- Collaborated with Microsoft to build part of the Office Groups integration for Zendesk that allows tickets from Zendesk Support to be escalated to Office Groups.
- Upgraded and maintained the PHP API Client for Zendesk to version 2.
Senior PHP Developer
- Created various WordPress plugins using WordPress best development practices.
- Built unit tests for in-development and legacy WordPress plugins.
- Contributed to developing an initial version of a WordPress social platform plugin.
- Created Drupal modules following Drupal coding standards and best practices.
- Updated client sites using jQuery, Sass, and HTML5 on the front end.
- Ensured all sites were responsive.
- Practiced mobile first design.
Senior PHP Developer
HDI Systems Technologies Inc.
- Started developing a gamified HR system using CodeIgniter as the base for the REST API and backbone.js as the front-end. The gamified HR system provides incentives to employees for completing goals and other performance indicators which can be used for a Balanced Score Card.
- Served as part of the development team for an HRIS system which is sold to local businesses in the Philippines.
Zendesk Support for Slackhttps://www.zendesk.com/apps/support/slack/
Technologies used were Laravel for account set up, Go as the primary middleware backed by a Redis worker queue, and Ruby (Capybara) for browser tests.
Zendesk Shopify Integration V2https://apps.shopify.com/zendesk
Another part of this project was to update the Shopify app in Zendesk (https://www.zendesk.com/apps/support/shopify-for-support) to use React.
Technologies used were Laravel, React, Redux, Redis, MySQL, Docker, and Jest/PHPUnit for unit testing.
Zendesk HubSpot Integrationhttps://www.hubspot.com/integrations/zendesk
The project was built using Laravel, Redis as a worker queue, and Capybara for automated browser tests.
Zendesk Outlook and Office Groups Integration
Zendesk PHP API Clienthttps://github.com/zendesk/zendesk_api_client_php
Zendesk Support for WordPresshttps://wordpress.org/plugins/zendesk/
I also occasionally respond to support forum inquiries for the plugin.
Zendesk Engineering Summit 2018 Speaker
Shared the stage with a colleague to talk about Cross-region Development where we talked about our experiences as a cross-region team. We discussed our challenges and how we try to overcome them. Apart from that I also shared our development strategy for one project and how we planned to use our resources the best way to maximize timezone differences.
* The site has since moved to Shopify.
Laravel 5, Laravel, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Eloquent, Redux, PHPUnit, CodeIgniter, Selenium, OAuth 2, Capybara, Bootstrap, Jest, YARN, Compass, AngularJS
Vuex, Vue, Zendesk API, React, jQuery, Node.js, Slack API, Sidekiq, REST APIs, React Redux, Xero API
Docker Compose, Jira, Git, Composer, NPM, Jenkins, PhpStorm, AWS CodeDeploy, Xero, GitHub, Vagrant, Amazon ElastiCache, Bundler, Webpack, Travis CI, Atom, Microsoft Teams, RabbitMQ, Laravel Echo
Unit Testing, Pair Programming, Agile, Scrum
APIs, Full-stack Development, HubSpot CRM, Code Deployment, Workers, API Integration, REST API Clients, Public Speaking, HubSpot, Outlook, Sauce Labs, WebSockets, ExpressionEngine
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, MacOS, WordPress, Drupal, Kubernetes, Zendesk, Magento 1, Apache Kafka, Amazon EC2, Magento 2
PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Management
University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring