Data Architect2018 - PRESENTPTSB
Technologies: SQL, SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, Teradata, Windows PowerShell, Python, Databases, Data Architecture, Microsoft Excel, Data Analysis, Power Shell Commands, Automation, SQL Performance, Performance Tuning, DataFrames, Business Analysis, IT Business Analysis, Testing
- Designed a new data layer and ETL processes for a bank. Built new data models and prototype schemas based on multiple and various system and business requirements, using SAS, Teradata and PowerShell.
- Assisted in deriving business logic from existing data and processes, and generated insights from the new data warehouse using reports and visualization tools (VIYA).
- Delivered full end-to-end work, from requirement to development ad testing, as well as implemented audit controls, data lineage management, automation, and reconciliation over the new system.
- Derived new datasets and complex processes to help build new dashboards, revolutionizing reporting and analytics capabilities for the company.
- Mentored junior team members and delegated responsibilities to them, ensuring even spread of work and allowing me to focus on more complex/senior activities.
Data Engineer2018 - 2018Groupon
Technologies: Teradata, SQL, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Microsoft Excel, Databases, Data Engineering, Git, Unix, Data Analysis, Automation, SQL Performance, Performance Tuning, DataFrames, Business Analysis, IT Business Analysis, Testing
- Collaborated with a team to design a GDPR solution encompassing all company data and methods of segregation accessed by multiple users to comply with forthcoming GDPR regulations.
- Involved in the full lifecycle of project, including requirements gathering with stakeholders, design, development, testing, and implementation across multiple database (Teradata, Hive, SQL Server) and Hadoop environments.
- Supported the evolving EDW dealing with and providing solutions to ongoing compliance and regulatory challenges, as well as maintenance, process improvements, and efficiencies using a wide range of technologies and environments.
Data Consultant2015 - 2018AIB
Technologies: Teradata, SQL, NetReveal, Oracle, Unix Shell Scripting, Databases, Microsoft Excel, Data Analysis, Data Architecture, Unix, SQL Performance, Performance Tuning, Business Analysis, IT Business Analysis, Testing
- Acted as a data consultant and lead analyst for an AML Netreveal upgrade project within AIB, a massive project within the bank requiring interaction with multiple teams and stakeholders in the bank.
- Defined requirements with the business and analyzed AIB’s core systems to source pertinent data required for the AML system, working with disparate teams to understand and retrieve data from all areas in the bank.
- Built ETL logic and process to pull data from multiple sources into the AML environment, and worked closely with the data team on implementing in production.
- Liaised with business on requirements and requests, deriving insights, suggesting improvements, efficiencies, and synergies where applicable, and managing expectations on what was feasible.
Data Analyst2014 - 2015Musgraves Ireland
Technologies: SQL Server 2015, Microsoft Excel, Databases, SQL, Data Analysis, Computer Science, Automation, SQL Performance, Performance Tuning, Testing
- Contracted with Musgraves to analyze customer loyalty data and provide insight on sales, trends and patterns, and revamped the reporting process using SQL and T-SQL.
- Rebuilt CRM data warehouse, transforming and modeling data from different source systems to improve data relevancy and integrity, and implemented new processes to increase system efficiency, such as the creation of a new nightly batch process.
- Assisted with CRM activities for the company, mining existing loyalty data to help identify customers to be targeted and analyzing the impact of campaigns.
- Transformed underlying data into simple, readable daily/weekly/ad-hoc reports to different departments and senior management to assist in planning and decision making, while also automating several reports to increase productivity.
Solutions Developer2011 - 2013TD Bank Group
Technologies: Teradata, SAS, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Databases, Microsoft Excel, Unix, AIX, SAS Enterprise Guide, Computer Science, Automation, SQL Performance, Testing
- Assisted as part of the IMSS group that supported the shared service platform, with my particular focus on SAS and the data warehouse (AIX/UNIX, space, onboarding, etc.).
- Guided in-house business users on analyzing and resolving technical issues such as complex SAS/DB2/SQL queries and process improvements. Implemented infrastructure and process enhancements to improve the shared service platform.
- Managed the SAS environment, utilizing and supporting a range of different SAS applications including Base SAS, EG, DI Studio, marketing optimization, and management console, eventually becoming a SAS subject matter expert.