- Software Engineer - RoR2014 - 2014Centzy (via Toptal)
- Extended a CMS-like system to host FAQ content.
- Updated HTML + CSS for various static pages.
- Implemented a dynamically resizing button menu.
- Updated responsive design elements for mobile browsers.
- Fixed a variety of minor bugs in a legacy Rails codebase.
- Chief Scientist2011 - 2013Burnside Digital
- Developed client infrastructures using various components of Amazon Web Services.
- Worked with teams at RedHat to build solutions on the JVM and JBoss platforms.
- Developed components of an SOA infrastructure that supports a variety of client projects, including the CityEats platform we developed for Scripps Network Interactive.
- Presented technical solutions at software conferences around the world.
- Helped introduce and develop new technologies with our team of 20+ software engineers.
- Support Engineer2011 - 2011Exceptional
- Fixed bugs reported on the main Exceptional.io app.
- Responded to support requests from Exceptional customers.
- Developed integration between Exceptional and Pivotal Tracker.
- Monitored servers for service interruptions and helped to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix emerging issues.
- Assisted with transitioning the technology stack to new owners.
- Back-end Software Engineer2010 - 2011AOL
- Migrated the primary CMS application from Ruby Enterprise Edition to Ruby 1.9.2.
- Optimized database performance and helped maintain consistent page load times across an order of magnitude increase in traffic.
- Scaled the platform from less than 100 locations to over 800 in less than 3 months.
- Designed a service-oriented architecture overhaul of the entire publishing platform.
- Participated in a company-wide effort to embrace open source and encourage participation in the open source community by employees in all departments.
- Server Software Engineer2006 - 2010Apple
Technologies: OS X Server, Ruby on Rails, Objective-C, C, Quicktime, Quartz Composer, Xsan
- Developed a Grand Central Dispatch based web server for MacRuby called ControlTower.
- Upgraded the product for two major Rails revisions and one Ruby version.
- Managed the QA process for the team’s deliverables.
- Improved server and database performance from less-than-acceptable to ready-to-release.