Senior Software Developer2013 - 2019Glencoe Software
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Python, Django
- Supported migration of a Spring/Hibernate system from Postgres to Oracle.
- Designed and implemented a distributed messaging system to connect various components in a data collection pipeline.
- Created JNI-based bindings for a JPEG-XR decoder written in C.
- Wrote a library to coordinate submission of jobs to a HPC grid facility from a Python/Django web app.
- Implemented a custom Window's URL handler to enable launching local applications against data on a central server from within a browser window.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2018Hendrick Automotive
Technologies: Clojure, Datomic, AWS, Ruby on Rails
- Designed and deployed AWS CodeDeploy/CF-based architecture for deploying internal back-office apps.
- Developed APIs to support business analytics.
- Migrated an existing code base from Datomic to Postgres.
- Developed a Clojure-based web application to manage employee performance and goal setting.
- Developed middleware services to connect an array of third-party back-office systems.
Software Engineer - RoR2014 - 2014Centzy
- Extended a CMS-like system to host FAQ content.
- Updated HTML + CSS for various static pages.
- Implemented a dynamically resizing button menu.
- Updated responsive design elements for mobile browsers.
- Fixed a variety of minor bugs in a legacy Rails codebase.
Chief Scientist2011 - 2013Burnside Digital
- Developed client infrastructures using various components of Amazon Web Services.
- Worked with teams at RedHat to build solutions on the JVM and JBoss platforms.
- Developed components of an SOA infrastructure that supports a variety of client projects, including the CityEats platform we developed for Scripps Network Interactive.
- Presented technical solutions at software conferences around the world.
- Helped introduce and develop new technologies with our team of 20+ software engineers.
Support Engineer2011 - 2011Exceptional
- Fixed bugs reported on the main Exceptional.io app.
- Responded to support requests from Exceptional customers.
- Developed integration between Exceptional and Pivotal Tracker.
- Monitored servers for service interruptions and helped to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix emerging issues.
- Assisted with transitioning the technology stack to new owners.
Back-end Software Engineer2010 - 2011AOL
- Migrated the primary CMS application from Ruby Enterprise Edition to Ruby 1.9.2.
- Optimized database performance and helped maintain consistent page load times across an order of magnitude increase in traffic.
- Scaled the platform from less than 100 locations to over 800 in less than 3 months.
- Designed a service-oriented architecture overhaul of the entire publishing platform.
- Participated in a company-wide effort to embrace open source and encourage participation in the open source community by employees in all departments.
Server Software Engineer2006 - 2010Apple
Technologies: OS X Server, Ruby on Rails, Objective-C, C, Quicktime, Quartz Composer, Xsan
- Developed a Grand Central Dispatch based web server for MacRuby called ControlTower.
- Upgraded the product for two major Rails revisions and one Ruby version.
- Managed the QA process for the team’s deliverables.
- Improved server and database performance from less-than-acceptable to ready-to-release.