Verified Expert in Engineering
Web Applications Developer
JoyAnne is a software engineer with 20+ years experience. She has developed and managed the full life-cycle of multi-tier full-stack applications. She's self-motivated and has extensive experience on front-end UI work, server code, and back-end DB management, but her love is JavaEE application development.
Eclipse, Git, SourceTree, MacOS
The most amazing...
...algorithm I've created was to compare a set of geotiff infrared imagery to determine average and outliers to anticipate geological events.
University of Colorado at Boulder
- Extracted data from third-party systems into a data lake for ETL development.
- Created an interactive campus-wide application to view and create reports.
- Built an animated timeline to show distribution of student's status' over time.
- Supported Node.js features for React applications.
- Built a Python-based API to support a React application.
- Managed senior-level software development of Java/Angular applications.
- Managed release planning, Scrum/iteration management, and task prioritization.
- Oversaw global hiring and firing, vacation planning, and delegation of tasks.
- Prioritized tasks involving working with customers, upper management, and the development team to estimate, rank, and prioritize tasks to prepare for the planning of iterations and releases.
- Worked with other senior developers and the design team to architect and design new features and products.
- Tasked with the in-depth certification process of our software for our federal government contracts.
- Created blog posts to demonstrate how to use Okta authentication and authorization tools to secure various types of application.
- Created Java sample applications.
- Created Spring Boot sample applications.
- Created sample code repos to support blogs.
- Described authentication and authorization tools offered by Okta.
Senior Software Engineer
- Led the development of a large-scale RESTful Java API.
- Created and maintained an application for data ingestion from various sources including hardware devices, CoT streaming servers, RSS, Twitter, and third-party APIs.
- Customized and maintained an Android application focused on displaying geo-mapped medical data for the military.
- Worked to acquire, analyze, process, and display satellite imagery.
- Oversaw a large Angular single-page app supported by our Java API.
ARRIS (Formerly Netopia/Motorola, Inc./Motorola Mobility, Inc./Motorola Home; Google)
- Subordinated goal setting, performance evaluations, career growth, and awards compensation.
- Handled roadmap planning and resource scheduling.
- Coordinated delivery of releases between Engineering, PSO, RMT, QA, and customers.
- Defined, managed, and tracked priorities regarding customer facing work, roadmap work, and other tasks requiring attention.
- Delegated work to appropriate team members, ensuring both team/individual growth and product quality.
- Worked with and managed team members globally, overcoming difficulties with language barriers and time differences.
- Interacted directly with customers to troubleshoot issues and gather requirements.
- Released tracking for ongoing work, vetting of incoming work, designing/architecting sessions, hosting and/or taking input from the team’s retrospective, and handling sprint reviews.
- Filled in as senior developer as needed for project completion.
Senior Software Engineer
ARRIS (Formerly Netopia/Motorola Inc./Motorola Mobility Inc./Motorola Home; Google)
- Developed, composed technical documentation, conducted unit testing, and reviewed code in JVM and multiple container environments (asynchronous, multi-threaded, clustered, Spring, Ant, Maven).
- Developed the interface, including HTTP, RESTful, and other web services using SOAP, JSON, and XML.
- Monitored and troubleshot network traffic using packet captures to inspect communication between servers/devices.
- Configured, troubleshot, and connected ACS to many different gateways, modems, bridges, set-top boxes, and other devices.
- Scripted and configured Linux/Solaris.
- Developed schema design for Oracle, Postgres, and hSQL.
- Migrated applications to AWS EC2/RDS.
- Participated in SPRB and SPPT to identify and encourage best practices for use of open source and other third party software. The teams also evaluated usage of third-party software within product teams.
- Mentored and supported junior team members.
- Provided training to engineering, PSO, RMT, QA, and other Motorola teams on new features, installation, and integration, software pedigree practices, and various other topics.
- Participated in and led multiple, often simultaneous, full-release lifecycles.
- Managed configurations, including source control including branching, merging, and builds.
- Set up demo environments for potential customers, trade-shows, and sprint reviews.
- Planned, tracked, reviewed, and led retrospectives for scrum methodology.
- Planned, prioritized, and created stories.
Senior Application Developer
- Programmed automated websites that could be purchased, spun up, and customized on the fly (stores.storefrontnow.com).
- Consumed and produced data via REST, web services/XML/EDI communication.
- Integrated with many shipping carriers for real-time rates (UPS, USPS, DHL, LTL, Canada Post, FedEx).
- Integrated with real-time credit card processors (Authorize Net, Verisign, PayPal, WorldPay, LinkPoint, PsiGate, and more).
- Interfaced with product push vendors (DealTime, and MarketPlace Manager).
- Wrote and maintained plugins for FrontPage and Dreamweaver.
- Programmatically created, dropped, and modified DBs, objects, stored procedures, and logins.
Independent Software Developer
- Developed and owned VB 6.0 home inspection application OnsiteReports.
- Customized LaGarde's storefront software.
- Completed several projects including application development, website development, and technical support.
- Maintained and updated a website for an architectural firm in Manhattan, KS.
- Created VRSchoolhouse, an online school that was used statewide in KS.
- Created and managed SQL Server and Access databases.
- Created an eCommerce website, including shopping cart and credit card payment.
- Managed and documented projects, and maintained and troubleshot networks.
The Moore Group (Outsourced to Sentara Health Systems)
- Designed, developed, and did QA testing for a VB app.
- Triaged and liaised between senior developers and hospital employees using software.
- Worked on database stored procedures.
Test Your Spring Boot Applications with JUnit 5https://developer.okta.com/blog/2019/03/28/test-java-spring-boot-junit5
Use Spring Boot and MySQL to go Beyond Authenticationhttps://developer.okta.com/blog/2019/07/03/spring-boot-jpa
Eclipse IDE, Jira, Bamboo, WebStorm, Sublime Text, Git, SourceTree, GIS, IBM Rational Rose, Microsoft Visual Studio, Apache Tomcat, Hudson, CVS, Subversion (SVN), Visual SourceSafe, SoapUI, Wireshark, Cygwin
Agile, REST, Event Sourcing
Jakarta EE, Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, MacOS, Eclipse, JBoss, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Oracle, WebSphere, NetBeans
JSON, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Microsoft SQL Server, HSQL, SQL Server 2005, MongoDB
Team Management, GeoJSON, Scrum Master, Software Development, Software Architecture, Web Applications, Big Data, Configuration Management, Geospatial Data, Web Services, SOAP, Elastic Load Balancers, Communication, WebLogic, Resin, TCP/IP, UDP, Ajax, COM
Kendo UI, AngularJS, ASP, Ext JS, Flex, ASP.NET
D3.js, Cesium.js, Amazon EC2 API, Winsock API, Node.js, YUI, jQuery
AAS Degree in Networking and Computer Programming
ECPI College of Technology - Virginia Beach, VA
Certified Scrum Master
Microsoft Certified Professional