CTO and Founder2016 - PRESENTHighlight
Technologies: Node.js, React, FFmpeg, OpenCV
- Launched the development of a state-of-the-art automated image recognition software that integrates with the flow of live sports broadcasting.
- Handled and converted complex video codecs and encoding.
- Developed a product from scratch, taking it all the way to TV broadcasters.
Jekyll Site Developer2018 - 2018OB1
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Jekyll, WordPress, GitHub Pages, SCSS, Travis CI
- Migrated the current WordPress design to a Jekyll generated site/blog focusing on clean code and performance, which were big issues with the previous site.
- Created custom migration scripts for the existing images, downloading them into the new file-structure corresponding markup.
- Deployed the site with a continuous integration build with Travis CI and published on GitHub pages.
Front-end Developer2017 - 2017French Startup (via Toptal)
- Helped the client develop prototypes for their education testing system, rapidly developing standalone web apps. The client uses a wide range of tools and technologies and has some very particular project constraints which make the problem very interesting.
- Customized some jQuery plugins like Stapel (github.com/codrops/Stapel) and Sortable (github.com/RubaXa/Sortable).
- Developed Vue.js components from scratch integrating with components like Vue.Draggable.
- Built custom modifications of the H5P framework.
- Experimented with module bundlers including Webpack and Rollup.
- Integrated Bootstrap 3 themes, specifically the Angulr theme (themeforest.net/item/angulr-bootstrap-admin-web-app-with-angularjs/8437259).
Senior Web Developer2015 - 2016LATAM
- Made two highly critical applications from scratch to production with an Agile team: the main application called Ticket Change and its sister application, Same Day Flight Change.
- Encountered high-traffic sites where performance is critical (biggest airline of Latin America).
- Developed patterns and libraries that integrate seamlessly between dozens of teams using various technologies.
- Integrated with various payment methods—notably, the collaboration creating the new in-house payment platform for the airline.
- Developed with continuous integration using Jenkins. It allowed us to safely deploy as often as necessary and have automated tests.
- Adhered to TDD, unit testing, and BDD best practices.
- Interacted extensively with lots of teams working on different applications that need the same look and feel.
Web Developer2013 - 2015Bike City Guide
- Developed native smartphone bicycle routing apps.
- Spearheaded many things, being one of the first employees of the company.
- Attended conferences, presented the product, and gave pitches.
- Developed from scratch an online bicycle route planner based on the Leaflet.js library that uses OpenStreetMaps data.
- Created landing pages for the products and institutional sites using Bootstrap, jQuery, and other standard web technologies.
- Integrated with payment systems like PayPal, acquiring an in-depth knowledge of the API, the developer tools, and sandboxes.
Campaign Administrator/Various2010 - 2011PIMOD
Technologies: Google AdWords/AdSense, Google WebMasters Tools, Facebook, Twitter
- Ran a great number of Google AdWords/AdSense campaigns for PIMOD's clients. This included very competitive markets where extreme optimization and intimate knowledge of the tools was required. All of the results were tracked to the maximum extent.
- Provided SEO, becoming very familiar with using the many tools available for optimization, creating quality incoming links, and positioning the site to its full potential.
- Managed the community and communications for many of the companies that hired us for this service. This included communication with their clients and writing content for blogs and social entries.
- Created online plans and strategies and advised what their online presence should look like. This involved a good understanding of the need of the clients and what are the best forms and mediums for them online including advertisement and social profiles.
- Helped companies set up automated platforms for customer relationship management.