Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...project I've built geocoded genealogy collections to historical political boundaries.
- Created developer tools for the FamilySearch API.
- Designed a dynamic pedigree with D3.js.
- Solidified a corporate accounting system developed in PHP.
- Designed and developed Find-A-Record.
- Created a scalable architecture for processing and geocoding genealogy collections.
- Provided customer support.
- Won 2nd place in the 2014 RootsTech Developer Challenge.
Developer Support Engineer
- Provided technical support to developers using the FamilySearch REST API.
- Created and managed a developer center with documentation and developer tools.
- Worked with product management and engineering to deliver new features.
- Debugged the REST API.
- Created stability and usage reports in Splunk.
- Designed and developed a scalable REST API in AWS.
- Create a documentation system for the API and widgets.
- Customize a ViArt installation (PHP based eCommerce site).
- Migrated a cafeteria menu planner from Visual FoxPro to PHP.
D3 Pedigree Exampleshttps://github.com/justincy/d3-pedigree-examples
WikiTree: FamilySearch Connectionshttp://www.wikitree.com/wiki/FamilySearch_Connections
Node.js, jQuery, D3.js, REST APIs, Polymer, jQuery UI, React Redux
RESTful Development, REST
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Elasticsearch, MySQL, CouchDB, PostGIS, PostgreSQL
Cloud9, Web Components
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Brigham Young University - Provo, UT