CTO2018 - PRESENTProteams IVS
Technologies: Java, PostgreSQL
- Architected software and handled development processes.
Co-founder2018 - 2018Bitlo
Technologies: Java, Cryptocurrencies
- Architected a cryptocurrency exchange.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2018Tasting Table
Technologies: Spring MVC, Spring Security, Jetty, MySQL, RSS, JSON, Algolia, Apple News
- Architected and implemented a system that parses Tasting Table's RSS feeds and creates Apple News articles in Apple News JSON format.
- Repurposed the RSS to Apple News architecture for another client of Tasting Table's in a short period of time.
- Implemented Algolia integration so that recipes in Apple News are searchable through Tasting Table's other apps.
- Implemented an RSS composer that takes Tasting Table's video feeds as input and produces multiple aggregated video feeds so that third-party video platforms can consume them.
- Implemented a custom HTML to Markdown markup parser in order to create stylized markup in Apple News articles.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 20182P Ventures
Technologies: Java EE, Spring, Axis, Hibernate, MySQL, Amazon SQS, Amazon EC2, Apache Tomcat, Node.js, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Lambda, Amazon RDS Aurora
- Implemented a ZeroMQ-based microservice architecture.
- Implemented a multi-tenancy solution that increased performance and decreased operational overhead.
- Improved code quality and fixed lots of bugs.
- Implemented Hibernate best practices in order to reduce lock contention in the database and improve the performance of the data layer.
- Reorganized the project structure for 25+ projects to improve development workflow and reduce build overhead.
- Implemented and maintained work on various channel managers and third-party integrations in the hospitality industry. Specifically, Siteminder, Oracle Opera XML Interface, EZYield, Dhisco (formerly Pegasus), Maestro, Jonview, eRevMax.
- Implemented an instrumentation system across the stack so that the operations team has visibility into the performance characteristics of the live applications.
- Implemented a new data ingestion pipeline using AWS Lambda functions and DynamoDB.
Managing Partner2011 - 2016Solid-ICT
- Developed a standardized back-end architecture using Java in order to standardize back-end development activities and improve efficiency. We rolled out our own framework which had the same components in the Dropwizard library and later moved to Spring and Spring MVC instead of Jersey for REST and DI but kept the other components that are also used in Dropwizard. The specific components that we used in the framework were Jersey (later dropped in favor of Spring MVC), jDBI, Apache Shiro, Thymeleaf, Dropwizard Metrics (then Codahale Metrics), and Liquibase.
- Architected and developed multi-platform software projects (back-end, web, mobile).
- Implemented Agile development methodologies for the software development team.
- Architected a system that integrates various information sources using a distributed queue.
- Managed software developers working on multi-platform projects (back-end, web, mobile).
- Founded and managed the company (along with my co-founder). Together, we led the company growth from two developers to twelve developers.
Research Engineer2009 - 2010TÜBİTAK SAGE
Technologies: Java, C++, C#, MATLAB
- Developed supporting software for a missile mission control GUI using Java.
- Initiated development of a distributed flight simulation system using C++ and C# along with the chief engineer of the simulation software group.
- Implemented Monte Carlo simulation algorithms for unguided missile flight paths.
- Implemented MATLAB simulations for unguided missiles based on NATO guidelines.
- Managed and coached a team of interns for various small projects developed in Java, C#, and MATLAB.