Verified Expert in Engineering
Ken has over 20 years of experience as an independent contractor providing application development services to his customers. For the last 12 years, he has developed applications on the .NET platform. Ken's motivation to deliver value-added solutions and pull projects through to completion has earned him the respect of his clients, resulting in long-term relationships.
Git, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on as the primary architect and developer was an application used extensively by the sales force of a major corporation.
Full-stack Web Developer
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (Contractor)
- Cooperated with a team on creating an initial concept to obtain project approval and funding.
- Developed a full-stack solution for an application and its supporting processes.
- Implemented robust security measures to meet the Department of Defense's standards and requirements.
- Created an administrative module with complex user roles.
Full-stack Web Developer
Trelleborg Corporation (Contractor)
- Created an eCommerce portal to automate and track online requests for quotes and purchase orders from high-value customers.
- Constructed a product database application that enables the full management and multi-tiered pricing of multiple product catalogs.
- Implemented a reporting system to generate various accounting and sales reports based on the activity on the site.
- Provided full-stack development for the creation and maintenance of an eCommerce portal and its supporting applications.
- Collaborated with the management on identifying value-added improvement opportunities.
Full-stack Web Developer
Dataforth Corporation (Contractor)
- Provided full-stack development of an enterprise website.
- Managed several migrations to new generations of site features and capabilities.
- Created a system configuration tool that enables customers to build, configure, and price data acquisition systems.
- Implemented the use of Bootstrap in a website to facilitate a responsive UI.
- Constructed sync processes that allow the site to perform real-time sync with an email marketing database, using REST API.
Solution Architect and Developer
Freelance Application Developer
- Constructed an app that allows superintendents to manage the team's assignments, allowing team members to track progress as well as track and submit timecards.
- Built a back end to integrate multiple third-party services with an ERP system via API integration.
- Created an API to expose the features of the application.
- Developed ASP.NET MVC front end utilizing the Bootstrap theme.
- Cooperated with the client's team from inception to production to capture business needs, evaluate feedback, and optimize overall utilization and acceptance.
ASP.NET Developer for Website Revamp
Air-Tite Products (via Toptal)
- Created a custom search tool that integrated with the existing AspDotNetStorefront platform.
- Facilitated the reskin of an existing AspDotNetStorefront site.
- Participated in the lightning start process to create the initial proposal and scope of work.
- Managed, as a lead developer, the development team, using an agile environment during the 10-week project.
- Interacted and communicated with the client to understand the project goals and requirements fully.
Leading Semiconductor Manufacturer (Contractor)
- Developed a Windows desktop application to provide the worldwide sales force with a product data repository, search, and presentation capabilities.
- Improved an application and enabled it to function without an internet connection, with a sync utility that updates all data and content when the network connection was available.
- Integrated several product search tools for a wide variety of semiconductor product offerings.
- Created a presentation system to autogenerate sales presentations from structured data and account for a wide variety of screen and projector sizes.
- Built several back-end batch processes to automate data transformation from a range of sources to a common snapshot for client-sync availability.
ASP.NET Core - Workflow Automation Application
ASP.NET MVC - Corporate Training Application
Data Acquisition System Builderhttps://www.dataforth.com/data-acquisition-system-builder.aspx
Air-Tite Website Redesign and Search Toolhttps://www.air-tite-shop.com/
Real-time Interactive Demo
ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET 4, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET Core, .NET, Bootstrap, AngularJS, .NET 2, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core 2
Visual Studio, AspDotNetStorefront, Git, Microsoft Access
Android, Windows, Azure, Xamarin
IIS, Software Development, eCommerce, User Interface (UI), Data, Applications, Full-stack
SQL Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server, Jet SQL
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring