Innovation Engineering Team Lead2020 - PRESENTAdzooma
Technologies: Big Data, AWS, AWS S3, Python 3, GraphQL, REST APIs, Microservices, Go, React, Docker
- Established all of the Python and microservice standards for the entire company.
- Responsible for driving all of the software innovation within the company.
- Created several high-performing microservices to manage and optimize customer accounts.
- Created and owned the company's data lake and managed the company's data and data science strategy.
- Managed the data science and data engineering team and the products they produced.
Senior Associate Software Engineer2020 - 2020Capital One Financial
Technologies: Python 3, Terraform, Cloud, Microservices
- Developed a Python codebase to programmatically generate Terraform scripts for deploying software all around the world.
- Maintained high code quality by working as the senior associate on pull requests.
- Upskilled other staff members by teaching them how to write expert-level Python code through the use of pair programming and pull requests.
Back-end Tech Lead2019 - 2020Uniper
Technologies: Python 3, Microservices, Cloud, Big Data, REST APIs, Cassandra, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Azure, AWS, Scikit-learn, Keras
- Developed an API responsible for tracking, monitoring, and generating insights from hundreds of thousands of sensors installed in power plants around the world to predict failures in power plant components.
- Created the Python programming standards for the entire engineering department.
- Served as the technical manager for the entire back-end engineering team.
- Created architectural solutions for company products.
- Built out the Git management policy for the entire engineering department.
- Managed a team of five contractors alongside our full-time employees.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2018Celaton
Technologies: Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Python 3, .NET Core, C#, SQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Docker Compose, Agile, Git
- Rewrote the platform in Python which led to me being fast-tracked to a senior engineer position.
- Helped grow our machine learning capabilities in the company and managed our first junior data scientist.
- Assisted the CTO and lead architect with designing and developing new system features and capabilities.
Junior Software Enginner2017 - 2018Celaton
Technologies: C#, Python 3, SQL, Docker
- Performed general upkeep and development of the platform with an aim to improve the quality of the codebase.
- Architected and migrated the existing C# monolith over to a Python-based SOA (service-oriented architecture).
- Helped to cross-train C# developers and transform them into Python developers.
- Developed a machine-learning algorithm to cluster customer complaints for one of the largest TV networks in the world.
Contract Software Engineer2014 - 2017Self Employed
- Grew a small client base based on word-of-mouth advertising and direct bidding for contracts.
- Worked on an extremely diverse range of projects using many different technologies.
- Developed alongside and as part of several Agile and Waterfall-based teams.