Java Developer in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTPintellect
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, AWS
- Planned and implemented the system's architecture from scratch.
- Structured the long-term plan for Pintellect, created tasks, and managed them.
- Led the development team with around five developers.
- Worked on development from back-end and front-end.
- Worked with Ruby on Rails with React.
- Implemented automatized tests with Selenium + Cucumber + Rukuli.
- Used and managed many services from AWS and Heroku.
- Working heavily developing a chrome extension to interact with web page content. I did a sidebar that made able for the browser to highlight and create annotation on top of any webpage opened on Chrome. Check this out in https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pintellect/aegkndgccfaapcfdbmejcicaglalnafh.
Software Developer2012 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: Java, Node.js, Ruby on Rails
- Optimized indexing process for file system, HTTP, and feeds RSS using the Akka framework.
- Integrated with Apache Shiro for authentication and authorization.
- Imported big data in a Java DB.
- Handled queries and optimization using JDBC.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018Attendease
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, AWS
- Implemented new features covering all software development flow.
- Led the team of three developers, helping them to be focused in the task implementation and making sure that we'll deliver the features in the right time.
- Worked with Ruby on Rails as a back-end solution and Backbone + React in the front-end.
- Coded Ruby modules using the Command/Query pattern to have domain-specific classes and make it easier to test.
- Upgraded some legacy code to be ready for a future Rails upgrade.
- Collaborated with colleagues to define architectural points in the platform.
- Led, planned, and implemented reusable components in React.
Senior Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017Predictable Revenue
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, Angular, Redux, Postgres
- Maintained the system supporting all account strategists and guaranteed that the system is responsive all the time.
- Created materialized views to provide a better user experience.
- Developed on both back-end and front-end.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2016Your Wise
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Created a Zero application with Ruby on Rails and AngularJS.
- Implemented continuous deployment in AWS.
- Managed a development team.
- Configured the DevOps operation.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2014Move Mais
- Worked on the interface along with a third-party development team and a business team.
- Created smart reports for the business area.
Senior Software Developer2013 - 2014TimWE
- Implemented integration between Carrier Nextel and Timwe's services to send and receive SMS by Web Services.
- Maintained an Oracle productions database using PL/SQL to execute queries.
- Communicated with partner companies to apply and implement solutions in our system.
- Maintained a Unix server analyzing logs and their life cycles.
System Analyst2012 - 2013Oi Internet
Technologies: Java, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, MongoDB
- Worked on eCommerce software for sale services provided by Oi Telecom.
- Created web apps for a mail-sender service and an authentication service based on JSON.
- Implemented REST architecture with VRator.
- Included integration with back-end systems exposed by SOAP.
- Created tests with Selenium Java to ensure page functionality.
System Analyst2010 - 2012IG - Internet Group
Technologies: Hibernate 3, Struts 2, Spring, JPA, Ruby on Rails, Grails, Adobe Flex, Adobe AIR, Node.js, MongoDB
- Developed applications in Java using JEE for web applications.
- Used Scrum methodology to manage app development.
- Imported content from an XML file.
- Led group technical discussions.
- Used a stored procedure to extract BI reports.
System Analyst2008 - 2010TCS - Tata Consultancy Service
Technologies: BEA WebLogic Portal version 8.1 SP6, Oracle 10g, EJB 2.0, Portlets, JCS, JCX, jUnit, Hibernate 3, Struts 2, Spring, JPA, WebSphere Application, Spring, WebSphere MQ, JMS, JSF
- Developed apps in Java using WebLogic Portal version 8.1 sp6 for the Itaipu Binacional Hydroelectric Plant.
- Created a mortgage system and developed new applications for Santander/Real Bank.
- Communicated with a back-end system in the mainframe through messaging software such as JMS.
- Wrote a Java back-end solution.
- Led a small group of five developers.
Java Consultance2007 - 2008Dynamic Tecnologia
Technologies: Java 5, JSP, Struts, Visual SourceSafe, Subversion, J2EE, Oracle, JBoss, Unix, Web Services, MySQL, SQL Server, ASP, PHP
- Worked in systems development for Publishing Abril.
- Maintained the Abrilnet system responsible for internal communication.
- Maintained the search engine (FAST).
- Maintained the Passaporte Abril System responsible for authentication of sites within the Abril domain.
- Created several CMS systems such as PWA and FWA, among others.
- Pintellect (Development)http://www.pintellect.io
Pintellect is a targeted information sharing platform.
Overcome the inundation of content in linear feeds by focusing on the key highlights and takeaways.
Highlight and annotate the key nuggets of content within any external web article, PDF, or website as it relates to your organization or immediate teammates. Add context on the information by creating annotations, visible on the source website via the browser extension. Establish permissions on who can see your content within your network. Notify teammates in comments and annotations by @name mentioning them via Slack, Teams, and Workplace. Organize the key takeaways using personal or collaborative pinboards. Create an on-going, searchable repository of content.
Working with Chrome Extensions was something I did heavily to interact with web page content. I did a sidebar that made able for the browser to highlight and create annotation on top of any webpage opened on Chrome. Here is the extension link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pintellect/aegkndgccfaapcfdbmejcicaglalnafh
- SGPF - Sistema de Gerenciamento de Projetos e Finanças (Management System and Project Finance) (Development)
I created this project as a management tool for engineering projects in all phases of PME methodology.
- Personal Wedding Website (Development)
This is a website that I created using Ruby on Rails to update wedding information.
- Kleber is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Kleber shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Apache Struts, Apache Struts 2, Hibernate, VRaptor, AngularJS
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, DevOps, Concurrent Programming, Functional Programming, Aspect-oriented Programming
Libraries/APIsReact, jQuery, Node.js, Facebook API
PlatformsAWS EC2, NetBeans, Linux, Java EE, Kubernetes, iOS
StorageMemcached, MongoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, Redis, Membase, PostgreSQL
ToolsMaven, Sublime Text 3, Eclipse IDE, Apache, Nginx
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2005 - 2009University Presbiteriana Mackenzie School of Computing and Informatics - São Paulo, Brazil
- Sun Java Platform Programmer, Standard Edition 5.0 (CX-310- 055)JUNE 2007 - PRESENTSun Microsystems