- Research FellowCERN (AMS collaboration)2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: C++, Python, OpenStack, RabbitMQ
- Participated in the development and maintenance of the data processing pipeline for the cosmic ray detector on the International Space Station.
- Developed a MCMC statistical toolbox for analysis of science data.
- Deployed a RabbitMQ cluster on OpenStack for monitoring the calibration status of a detector.
- Had a Data Lead position in the Payload Operations and Control Center.
- Worked on a worldwide international collaboration, joining CERN and NASA efforts on the most complex particle physics detector in space.
- Graduate StudentCERN (CMS collaboration)2010 - 2013
Technologies: C++, Python, OpenStack
- Developed and deployed algorithms for data analysis at the Compact Muon Solenoid experiment at the Large Hadron Collider.
- Worked on software for heavy data analysis with Worldwide LHC Computing Grid. Developed a GRID job-management software dedicated for a particular CPU-critical task.
- Collaborated on the application and the machine-learning algorithms for event selection and improvement of the sensitivity of the particle physics experiment.
- Was heavily involved in statistical analysis of the retrieved experimental data.
- Worked in a large (about 4,000 personnel) international and rapidly changing collaborative environment doing leading-edge fundamental research.
- System AdministratorInstitute of Mathematics SB RAS2005 - 2009
Technologies: iptables, Bash scripting, C++, Fortran, OCaml
- Created and supported a small network of about 10 Windows desktops and a Linux server used as a computing workstation.
- Created a simple Bash-script-based job management system.
- Worked on cross-compilation and interoperability of legacy code, written in C, C++, Fortran, and OCaml.
- InstructorNovosibirsk State University2004 - 2009
Technologies: C++, OOP, Mathematica
- Taught courses in: C++ and MFC, Object Oriented Programming and Design, Numerical methods, and Symbolic Calculation with Wolfram Mathematica.
- Active in more Physics related courses as well, such as classical and quantum mechanics, statistics, and cosmology.
- InternNovosoft2004 - 2005
Technologies: C++, COM, WinAPI, MFC
- Worked in a small team of software developers.
- Designed and worked on the implementation of software for testing of video codecs.
- Implemented a library for reading various image and video file formats. Due to the absence of documentation, this sometimes required reverse-engineering of the files.