Web Developer2017 - PRESENTLevantine Films
Technologies: React, GraphQL, Apollo, Styled Components, Webpack
- Built the public-facing website for the Oscar-winning production company Levantine Films.
- Designed the website and logo based on loose sketches from the client.
- Designed, developed, and shipped a highly maintainable custom site in 4 weeks.
- Built a custom React.js carousel component for use throughout the site.
- Used SVG animations to create hover animations for the logo.
- Used dynamic import to code-split and preload components after initial render.
- Connected the app to GraphCMS and a GraphQL CMS so that the client can add, update, and edit their content at any time.
- Used React Apollo to write component-based data requirements and cache the results.
- Implemented the site as a progressive web app which means it comes with the performance of service-workers by default.
Web Developer | Designer2016 - 2017Garden Collage
- Translated the client's vision for their garden and lifestyle shop into a complete design.
- Implemented the redesign over an existing Shopify theme.
- Worked with other contractors to address interoperability between their "shop" site and their publication site.
- Used LESS and liquid templates to add new shipping features and product layouts to the client's site.
- Smoothly transitioned the maintenance of the site to in-house developers.
Web Developer | Designer2016 - 2016Beatrice Helman
Technologies: React, ES2017, Webpack, Babel, HTM5 Canvas, Styled Components
- Translated her vision of a grandma's house Christmas theme to a cute responsive design.
- Used hand-drawn vector graphics to add a personal, non-techie touch.
- Created a realistic "sparkle" animation using HTML5 Canvas.
- Connected the single-page app to a content management system for the client to update her content at will.
Co-Founder | Developer2015 - 2016Sixcycle
- Led the product definition and development, particularly on the mobile-side.
- Developed a cross-platform React Native app for both iOS and Android.
- Wrote the code for Bluetooth heartrate monitoring, geolocation, and messaging.
- Successfully marketed and sold the app to the largest endurance training organization in the world.
- Utilized Redux and Immutable.js to maintain all application data.
- Implemented shareable deep links to specific app views.
- Integrated a support chat and designed and built onboarding workflows for multiple user cohorts.