Engineering Consultant & Developer2015 - PRESENTTitle Farm (via Scotch Media)
- Worked with the client to architect and build TitleFarm’s backend, video processing microservices, web app, and iOS app from the design stage to launch.
- Utilized microservices and FFmpeg to create a rendering pipeline that reduced the complexity of animation creation, improving the user experience.
- Created an on-demand rendering pipeline utilizing on-premises computing hardware and Adobe After Effects.
- Rearchitected an iOS app using React Native to reduce file size and increase stability and features.
- Simplified data retrieval, reduced server load, and decreased latency by architecting a GraphQL API with Golang on the back end and React, React Native and Relay on the front end.
Engineering Consultant & Developer2014 - PRESENTPrairie Blossom Nursery (via Scotch Media)
Technologies: React, SVG, MaterialUI, VendHQ API, Algolia, Firebase,, Cloud Functions, Cloud Firestore, Microservices
- Reduced the amount of time it took to make marketing material by 95% by creating a React web app that creates marketing print jobs from templates, with live preview.
- Implemented a real-time time-clock web app that eliminated employee errors.
- Created a custom web application to assist with end-of-day operations.
- Implemented a Firebase cloud function that listens to a VendHQ API hook to update an Algolia search index.
Owner/Software Consultant2010 - PRESENTScotch Media
- Worked with a popular Android game application owner to reduce server cost by converting a resource-intensive Python implementation to Go.
- Implemented a WebSocket chat server in Go using Kubernetes, Docker, and Google Kubernetes Engine, hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
- Created a web application for contact sharing using Backbone.js, Google App Engine, and Python.
- Implemented a collaborative custom web app for the management of film shoots, allowing the client to track human resources, project costs, and budget.
Senior Software Architect and Developer2016 - 2017Mokus (via Scotch Media)
Technologies: TypeScript, MobX, React, React Storybook, Electron, Git, GitLab, GitLab CI, WebSockets, WebRTC, Video, Cloud Functions, Firebase
- Led a remote team in the building a doctor to patient live WebRTC video streaming Electron app with real-time data sharing.
- Translated a complex custom UI design into a working MVP prototype in under a week.
- Increased developer and QA productivity by 10% by implementing a Gitlab continuous integration (CI) pipeline to automate Electron builds.
- Created a custom web application for real-time streaming of project status so that the client could follow the progress.