Front End Developer
Lavi is a world-class front-end developer with experience working for enterprise-class organizations like Lufthansa, Okta, and DePaul University. He takes great care in delivering the best possible solutions while considering time constraints. His education with motion graphics animation affords an expansive UI vocabulary for end users. Debugging and improving the functionality of legacy code is one of Lavi's specialties, making him a versatile and innovative software engineer.
ExperienceWeb App Development - 10 yearsReact - 7 yearsNode.js - 6 yearsSoftware Engineering - 6 yearsTypeScript - 5 yearsAgile Software Development - 4 yearsTest-driven Development (TDD) - 4 yearsTeam Leadership - 2 years
The most amazing...
...thing I've written is an HTML5 app for in-flight entertainment that uses real-time flight data.
React Front-end UI Developer
Power Costs, Inc.
- Developed an advanced grid interface with considerable features capable of working with 30,000 rows of data.
- Managed live data updates via WebSockets real-time row calculations.
- Wrote Playwright tests that sufficiently exercised core functionalities.
- Composed an OpenAPI schema that would create a mock API to run Playwright tests in isolation.
- Participated actively in daily stand-ups to facilitate better coordination between engineers.
React and Node.js Engineer
- Worked on a customer relationship management (CRM) solution for a payments company.
- Supported the development of user interface components.
- Enhanced legacy Java code for secure financial record transmissions.
- Leveraged real-time communication of user input via Firebase.
React Front-end Developer for a Lightning Industry Website
RBW Studio LLC
- Migrated the site from Gatsby v2 to v3 in the interest of faster build times and novel functionalities. There was a considerable incentive with a product catalogue with over 10,000 SKUs.
- Facilitated the automation of content creation and management for a GraphQL database. CSV files from the production team needed to accurately reflect product inventory to facilitate sales and customer research initiatives.
- Enhanced print layout functionality of complex product specification sheets using Tailwind.
- Managed page indexes and product SKU profiles with Algolia, focused on rapid search results.
- Used Storybook for creating elegant and functional components.
Developer | NetSuite ERP/SCA
- Maintained legacy code assisting support recurring subscription services.
- Extended a standard layout for a custom NetSuite UI Suitelet.
- Built a custom React-based UI for bulk item, including its matrix, kit, and package. Managed the creation conforming to product workflows and subsidiary configurations with input validation.
- Rebuilt the company knowledge base and intranet from jQuery to a React-based one.
- Connected Google Drive to NetSuite, granting NetSuite accounts access to files maintained in Google Sheets.
- Transitioned a customer portal from a dated jQuery and custom NetSuite site to a modern React application, including integrations with Mongo, AWS Cognito, and S3.
- Implemented dynamic graphs and created and maintained an interactive map using D3. I sourced GeoJSON from the United States Geological Survey (USGS) and US census data maps, preprocessing the cartographic data using the Albers projection.
- Built NetSuite integrations for finance and fulfillment departments with third parties following RESTful patterns.
- Facilitated the modernization of back-end scripting using build tools. Performed templates for provided context, predictable entry points, script status reporting, and rapid development of any new back-end scripts.
- Led a team of three developers to create APIs between NetSuite and AWS to provide a feature-rich client dashboard built with React and AWS, including S3, RDS, and Lambda.
- Applied Scrum methodologies within Jira to give the product team a better idea of what level of effort was involved in each feature request.
- Provided additional support to the marketing team's WordPress site with custom scripting and plugin support.
- Integrated Google Analytics tools into the front-end single-page application to support marketing in future product development initiatives.
Digital Youth Network
- Supported front-end development initiatives and user interface design, specifically to be used by children ages 4 to 16.
- Collaborated with an entirely distributed team across four time zones.
- Supported third-party MODx CMS plug-in integrations.
- Facilitated the development of internal front-end tools to be used by system administrators and teachers.
Farmer Brown Insurance
- Facilitated a remarketing and advertising campaign, driving sales by accessible metrics.
- Liaised with an animation company to produce a high-quality promotional video.
- Designed, developed, and deployed a site-wide redesign.
- Created a new live quoting system for lead generation.
- Reworked Google Analytics to provide more valuable insights to customers.
- Integrated the site with Zendesk and HubSpot to foster a holistic view of customer behaviors.
- Improved site load speed with various compression techniques and caching layers.
- Coordinated development efforts across a small team consisting of content writers and DevOps.
High Ground Group (via Toptal)
- Developed a responsive WordPress membership website.
- Extended functionality and design with a child theme.
- Utilized USAePay API as a customized payment gateway for the site.
- Improved site performance with various caching layers and minification.
- Integrated with SendGrid for transactional emails and Mailchimp for marketing.
- Supported unbounce pages before the website's launch.
- Used the Ziptastic API in signup fields for generating city and state information from a zip code.
- Prototyped a web application designed to facilitate peer-to-peer value exchanges.
- Used Vagrant to create virtual machines running Linux, governed by Ansible playbooks.
- Created templates using Django, facilitated by Pinax and the Bourbon CSS framework.
- Participated in branding and marketing initiatives.
Flight Level Media
- Built a responsive HTML5 app to be used while in flight.
- Administered third-party technology providers including Airbrake and Heroku.
- Undertook on-site development and hardware integration.
- Provided advice and insights regarding web technologies and ICT solutions.
- Created a brochure-style corporate website for the product.
Spark Design Web & Print
- Developed and upgraded websites powered by ExpressionEngine.
- Installed and upgraded various modules, plugins, and extensions for clients.
- Developed a rapid deployment payload to ramp up new sites.
- Created custom plugins to facilitate unsupported APIs.
Senior Web Developer
- Developed and maintained 20+ websites.
- Administered and kept several mission-critical databases such as contacts, schedules, and subscriptions.
- Provided staff instruction regarding the more advanced features of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Undertook consultation regarding VoIP technologies.
- Advised supervisors of emerging trends in web technologies.
- Mentored team member, another developer, to maintain core infrastructure written with Perl.
Website and Database Designer
Theo Otesha Project
- Developed contribution and registration portals through Salesforce integration.
- Facilitated cultivating relationships with past and future recurrent contributors.
- Transitioned critical database structures and operations from FileMaker to Salesforce.
- Performed day-to-day maintenance on HTML jQuery website.
- Fostered technical acumen among coworkers to facilitate their work.
Developer, editor, Motion graphics
Blomeley Communications, Ltd.
- Undertook web development with traditional tools like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Flash.
- Created efficient networks with minimal hardware and resources.
- Provided consultation on network technologies, Microsoft Server 2003, SQL, and Microsoft Office.
- Created motion graphics animations to be used in training and promotional videos.
- Provided nonlinear video editing using Final Cut Pro.
- Created motion graphics animations using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects.
- Provided nonlinear editing services with final cut pro and Adobe Premier.
- Worked with audio post processing, dubbing and voice over narration.
Lakelse Air Website and Mobile App
Dze Ḻ Kant Friendship Centrehttp://dzelkant.com
Bootstrap, MUI (Material UI), Redux, Jest, Tailwind CSS, Next.js, Kendo UI, Compass, Foundation CSS, Angular, YARN
jQuery, Dotenv, React, Node.js, React Redux, REST APIs, Google Maps API (GeoJSON), Google Maps, D3.js, AG Grid, Google Sheets API, NetSuite API, Google Drive API, Google Geochart API, Rollup.js, OpenAPI
NPM, Adobe Photoshop, Webpack 3, GitHub, JSS, CircleCI, Webpack, Rollup, Adobe InDesign, GitLab CI/CD, PostCSS, Amazon Cognito, Gulp, Apache, Bourbon, Ansible, Vagrant, PhpStorm, Git, Lerna, MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB Shell, FileMaker, Webpack 4, UI Grid, Google Analytics, Bitbucket, Firebase Authentication, Prism, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro
Test-driven Development (TDD), RESTful Development, Agile Software Development, REST, Responsive Web Design (RWD), UI Design, Continuous Integration (CI), Web Performance Optimization (WPO), Microservices, Microservices Architecture, Class-based OOP
Web App Development, User Interface (UI), Front-end, Full-stack, NetSuite, APIs, Ajax, Web Development, Tables, Full-stack Development, JSON REST APIs, Front-end Development, Web App Deployment, Styled-components, GeoJSON, CRM APIs, HubSpot, User Experience (UX), Single-page Applications (SPA), UI Development, Software Engineering, Team Leadership, Playwright, Back-end, Storybook, Web Components, UI Components, Data Visualization, Charts, Optimization, Audio Codecs, Video Codecs, Audio, Audio Processing, Video on Demand (VOD), Serverless, Payment APIs, ExpressionEngine, Google SEO, FontAwesome, RESTful Microservices, Events, Sanity CMS, Gatsby, Mailchimp API, TV Broadcasting, Filming, Microsoft Office, VoIP, Firebase Cloud Functions, WebSockets, Miro, Responsive UI, Firebase Hosting, Business to Business (B2B), Fintech
MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Docker, Linux, MODx, Heroku, Salesforce, Netlify, Algolia, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NoSQL, PostgreSQL 10.1, Firebase Realtime Database, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Cloud Firestore
Diploma Degree in Television Broadcasting
Algonquin College - Ottawa
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Film Studies
Carleton University - Ottawa