Verified Expert in Engineering
Layo is a software engineer focused on full-stack web development. He has 8+ years of experience creating solutions for companies, startups, and enterprises alike—environments where problem-solving, high attention to detail, and a fast turnaround are paramount. His tech stack includes Node.js, PHP, Laravel, React, Vue, and Angular. He has leadership experience working with various software teams. Layo writes about programming and tech in his free time and is keen to work with new technologies.
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), PhpStorm, Ubuntu, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was an AI tool for a global airline to enable them to save millions in operation costs by helping make cost-effective company purchases.
Full Stack Engineer
Colgate-Palmolive - Hills Pet
- Championed implementation of new features on headless Shopify store using Nuxt3, Vue, and NodeJs.
- Oversaw regular application bug fixes and optimizations, one of which improved the site's initial page load by up to 4 seconds.
- Created Shopify applications to improve checkout and post-checkout customer experience and improve customer conversion.
- Collaborated with the automation testing team for proper e2e test coverage.
- Developed in-house CMS components using Vue/Nuxt and Directus to ease site page modification for business owners.
Lead Product Engineer
- Led the team developing the Node.js API and React front end for a major real estate firm in West Africa, refactoring the codebase to improve code readability, consistency, and API response speed by 30%.
- Set up staging and sandbox environments using NGINX, AWS EC2, and Pm2 to facilitate developer and stakeholder testing, reducing the development-to-deploy time by 20%.
- Refactored functional React components, React-Redux state to optimize speed, build errors, and unit tests, to improve page load time by 15%.
- Crafted extensive documentation for the application codebase and cloud deployments.
Senior Front-end and Integration Developer
Titan Engineering, Inc
- Implemented an overhaul of the Vue codebase, upgrading it from Vue 2 to the latest Vue 3 version and optimizing it for enhanced performance and scalability, utilizing the Options API.
- Ensured continuous collaboration with the company's in-house designer to implement pixel-perfect, responsive, functional interfaces using Figma, meanwhile integrating the application front-end interface with multiple APIs.
Lead Product Engineer
- Led a team of five. Spearheaded the development of the onboarding process for a real estate company client to help gather media-type user information to enhance the redesign of their living spaces.
- Designed Nest.js-based Command Line Interface (CLI) that seamlessly integrates with Sequelize-TypeScript, enabling effortless execution of commonly performed database operations.
- Conducted code reviews, managed codebase architecture, and facilitated collaboration between developers and stakeholders.
- Crafted an extensive API documentation with precise details and examples, using Postman.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Fresh Interactive, LLC
- Developed pixel-perfect, mobile-responsive websites for a major real estate agency in Los Angeles by effectively collaborating with the UI/UX designer using InVision, thereby improving customer retention.
- Implemented reusable component classes for use in multiple projects, utilizing Vue2, Laravel, and Mix to streamline and increase development speed across the board.
- Identified and resolved software issues using Jira as the reporting tool.
Virtual Doctor and Medicines, S.L.
- Spearheaded the development, maintenance, and documentation of a Laravel application back end for a European government healthcare organization, collaborating closely with front-end developers to rapidly deliver new features.
- Led the back-end team in optimizing the database design while collaborating with the DevOps team to improve the CI/CD pipeline of the sandbox and production environments to ease testing and deployments, improving the API response time by 15%.
- Designed and developed data algorithms to help generate new data on possible future actions of the users to improve overall user experience and satisfaction.
- Crafted a concise and comprehensive codebase and API documentation. Oversaw the onboarding of new developers to help improve developer productivity in the team.
Senior Product Engineer
- Led the development of the application front end of a predictive AI tool, providing extensive data benchmarks of both the past and future (predictive) to enable a global airline to save up to $100 million in operating costs.
- Led the development of the application front end using Angular, NgRx, and RxJS. Implemented custom state management architectures to speed up page load and data display time in some parts of the application by around 10%.
- Collaborated with the product stakeholders and designers to develop impactful application features. Implemented scalable codebase architecture and made informed decisions on underlying technologies to be used in the application development.
- Oversaw the development of the data visualization components for use by major stakeholders, enabling them to make cost-effective decisions using Vega-Lite, PrimeNG, and D3.js.
- Integrated the application front end with in-house and 3rd-party APIs. Also implemented new data REST API endpoints using Python, FastAPI, and SQL Alchemy to ease data-fetching on the front end by 1%.
- Designed and implemented the database models, command line interface, and file generation scripts for use in the NodeJs REST API server. Used TypeScript, Sequelize, Mysql, and EJS.
- Migrated codebase from MongoDB and Mongoose to MySQL and Sequelize to remove API overhead complexity.
- Developed the application front end in Vue, integrating it with third-party APIs like Twilio and Plain(ACH) to facilitate financial features and c-to-c user payments.
- Created custom Webpack configuration to accommodate Vue SSR client-side hydration, bundling, and minifying of application front end for quicker page load and overall site responsiveness.
Secure Staffing LLC
- Participated actively in the development of new features added to the company's in-house user management software using React and Redux, AngularJS, Laravel, and MySQL.
- Developed an in-house compliance tool for the HR team to manage sensitive data about company partners and clients during company acquisitions using Angular, Laravel, and MySQL, improving HR efficiency by 5%.
- Developed scripts to automate recurring application tasks, integrating said scripts with Google Cloud API to reduce HR workload and enable quicker user support using GCP, Laravel, and Cron.
- Updated application integration with Zendesk Chat and Zendesk Sell, including new surveys to improve company customer relations while adding new capabilities to the existing integration with Zendesk Support.
- Implemented new chat-related features and changes to the company application, ensuring speed and data consistency of chat-related data using Node.js, Redis, and WebSockets.
- Created a fun campaign game to entertain company customers during the NBA finals utilizing React and Redux and an NBA API integration.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Participated actively in the development of an app collaborating with the development team members to help company clients set up, host, and manage online events using Laravel Nova and Vue.js.
- Tracked and fixed applications' front- and back-end bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Developed REST API endpoints using Laravel to connect Vue.js front-end components to the database and allow manipulation of data on the front end.
- Integrated the clients' realtor web application with Iterable.com, a marketing REST API.
- Developed event campaign websites using HTML, Vue.js, and SASS.
- Actively participated in the incremental development of the in-house Laravel Nova CMS.
- Created Vue.js visual widgets to be used in the in-house CMS for the development of user-facing websites.
- Developed a website using Vue.js and Laravel for a medical corporation to showcase the company's new drug, enable users to take a quiz, and access the company's private event.
- Owned continuous deployment of modifications to a client's application to the company staging server.
- Developed campaign pages for a client and connected the pages form to Salesforce to allow it to be used by their marketing team.
Back-end Web Developer
- Led the design, development, and documentation of the back end for a tourism and travel application using Laravel, MySQL, AWS, and Postman.
- Implemented OAuth2 authorization and authentication on the application back end and integrated said back end with 3rd-party packages and a superuser admin panel.
- Led the application testing using PHPUnit and Postman and created custom Laravel commands to improve back-end testing and deployments to Heroku.
- Led a team of five in the development of websites for different industries from end-to-end, utilizing technologies like WordPress, Wix, and Shopify.
- Developed a website for a Canadian public speaker to improve his online presence, showcase his services and training to potential clients, and also post his public speaking schedule.
- Created customer company information websites and landing pages to improve customer companies' conversions and online presence.
- Involved in developing a school management system to be installed on multiple client school servers.
- Contributed to the development of a photography freelance website that enabled photographers to post their work, set rates, and attract interested clientele.
- Built a product tracking and inventory application to increase transparency between stakeholders and company administrators.
Brimatel Global Networks
- Developed single-page in-house applications in collaboration with the company designer.
- Built a photo-contest application for an ongoing radio photo contest for a company client.
- Created customer company informational websites and landing pages to improve customer companies' conversions and online presence.
- Developed a subscribed content WordPress plugin to block certain content from unsubscribed users and increase company revenue.
- Built a drug catalog for a client, enabling their customers to find drugs that can help cure their diseases based on the symptoms.
- Developed a delivery management system to help a local courier manage and analyze their deliveries and also help the courier clients track their parcels.
Nobel Radio Contest
MBHS School Management System
I contributed to the development of the portal, adding the functionality needed by both the school administrators and the teachers and also extending the functionality already available in the application.
Jive Inventory System
The Jive Inventory System application was created using Laravel and Vue; it enabled investors, employees, and Jive admins to monitor how well their product was doing. It included access control, so the data was obscured based on user hierarchy.
eCommerce Comparison App
I was the full-stack developer on this project. I scrapped data from three eCommerce websites using Goutte and manipulated their data to be displayed according to the users' preferences. I made the application easily extensible by storing the scraper configuration for each website in a JSON file.
Laravel, CodeIgniter 3, Angular, Tailwind CSS, Bootstrap, Vuetify, CodeIgniter, Redux, Next.js, Nova, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, NestJS, Jest, Sails.js, Nuxt.js
REST APIs, Vuex, Vue, Node.js, React, Flexbox, jQuery, NgRx, Laravel Homestead, Goutte, Vue 2, D3.js, SQLAlchemy
Vue-router, Software Development, Front-end Development, Back-end, Front-end, Data Structures, Blade, SSH, Vega-Lite, CI/CD Pipelines, Laravel Nova, CSS Grid, Information Systems, Images, Web Scraping, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Axios, Vue 3, FastAPI, Pinia, MulterJs, Amazon Route 53, Directus
Figma, PhpStorm, Git, Bitbucket, ClearDB, Postman, Cron, Asana, Trello, GitHub, Google Analytics, Plaid, Webpack, Sequelize, Mongoose, PM2, NGINX
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), User-driven Development, Management, Agile
WordPress, Mapbox, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Linux, Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Twilio, Amazon EC2, MacOS
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis
Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology
Middlesex University - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering
Aptech Computer Education - Lagos, Nigeria