Verified Expert in Engineering
Lenny is a passionate product designer, engineer, and mentor. He has extensive experience taking new products from initial concept to delivery and jumping into existing legacy code bases. Lenny has worked extensively across all areas of the development lifecycle.
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is taking dozens of projects from an idea to execution and delivery on teams ranging from the largest enterprise teams to the smallest startups.
Chief Technology Officer
- Grew and managed an engineering team from zero to 15 engineers, including five in-house and ten offshore.
- Led the creation of a scalable digital ordering platform which included a hybrid native Android, iOS, web mobile app, consumer web ordering experience, merchant management web portal, a native Android, iOS, Flutter app for merchants to accept orders.
- Evolved the merchant app into a full-scale point of sale system for in-person orders.
- Led integrations with Chevy and Chrysler infotainment systems to enable ordering from the vehicle.
- Designed a data export pipeline and worked with a data analyst to create real-time BI to enable us to make data-driven decisions across all areas of the business.
- Led integrations with industry-leading POS systems such as Square, Clover, and Toast to enable rapid onboarding of new partners.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead
- Led a project to totally overhaul the existing Power BI custom data visualization API.
- Created a set of open-source tools to help developers create custom data visualization projects.
- Acted as the point person for all technical decisions for the creation of a suite of enterprise HCM apps. I worked across multiple teams which owned their own apps to keep consistent standards across the different teams and to maximize code reuse.
- Evaluated the best technologies for the applications and established a modular architectural pattern to maximize code sharing, between apps.
- Designed coding best practices, created extensive documentation, established code review policies, and implemented automated lint and testing rules to protect the quality of the codebase.
- Implemented an end-to-end continuous deployment pipeline that allowed code to be safely deployed to production in minutes, and a flighting system that allowed features to be turned on and off in seconds on demand.
Web Development Immersive Instructor
Web Development Immersive Instructor
- Used my years of experience to help create a curriculum to prepare students for a career in web development.
- Conducted daily lectures and assisted students in small groups and one-on-one.
- Inspired students to persevere through the challenges of turning their ideas into functional web applications, and maintained an energetic and positive classroom culture.
Dev Draft / Kitovet
- Created a fully functional MVP of a platform that allows employers to create projects for candidates to complete. These projects can contain any combination of different types of questions including multichoice, text, drag-drop, code evaluation, and more.
- Created a code execution and evaluation platform to automatically execute code in 10+ languages and evaluate its efficiency and accuracy on demand.
- Worked with vendors to create a library of algorithmic coding challenges that could be graded automatically within the platform to deliver meaningful insight about the candidate.
- Created bus booking portal to allow their clients to create travel itineraries. The system indexes all of GO’s bus providers and allows them to easily plan trips and find their customers the best deals on bus transportation (GO Ground).
- Designed a self-serve solution to allow these various newspapers to get the latest ads from a central database by region and spanning multiple active ad campaigns (Cars.com).
- Built a warranty registration portal for their line of power nail guns to allow users to register their tools and make warranty claims (Paslode Tools).
Microsoft Power BI Custom Data Visualization API and Toolshttps://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
I designed a new API from the ground up that was more suitable for 3rd-party developers. Throughout the design process, I had to get buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
After the API was designed, I had to create a versioning system to protect against future breaking changes, and an adapter to allow visuals created with the new API to sit on top of the existing product alongside those created with the old API.
Finally, I designed and created a set of developer tools to make the process of creating new custom visualizations easy. The end result allowed new developers to go from zero to a working “hello world” visual running live in Power BI within just a couple of minutes.
NestJS, Angular, Ionic, Flutter, Ruby on Rails 4, Flask, Django, Sails.js
Node.js, D3.js, React, jQuery
Continuous Delivery (CD), Management
TypeORM, Architecture, Mobile App Development, Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT), CTO, SaaS, Business to Business (B2B), Data, Data Visualization, SVG, Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Terraform, GitHub, Canvas, NPM
Kubernetes, Android, iOS, Linux, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mobile, Twilio, MacOS, WordPress