Senior Front-end Developer2019 - PRESENTLuxoft
- Developed a microservice to manage entities related to booking reservations. The service was configured in a CI/CD pipeline and fully tested, enabling the launch of a new feature on the company dashboard.
- Created a GraphQL module in Node.js with Apollo Server to centralize actions with orchestration from different microservices. This allowed several projects to reuse the module and reduce development time.
- Developed an integration with a GraphQL back end for a mobile app in React Native for Android and iOS to allow hosts to request reviews for travelers.
- Improved the photo upload process, effectively reducing upload time for users on average by 300% and reducing code complexity in the project.
- Built an internal CLI tool to automate tasks performed by the development team, allowing the team to centralize and automate flows and aid in the onboarding process for new members.
- Developed an integration with Kafka in a Node.js app consisting of consuming a topic that published messages when users signed up to the platform. The users were enrolled in a segmentation group for a future version of the app.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2019Orderhero
- Led the migration of an app to a modern React stack. The app's capabilities enable online food ordering.
- Migrated a MongoDB replica set from a custom self-maintained AWS EC2 setup to a fully managed cloud solution, increasing the database's reliability and allowing the team to focus on development instead of database administration tasks.
- Improved the deployment strategy for a Node.js app by migrating to a containerized deployment in the cloud with AWS ECS. The migration helped to scale the deployment more effectively, reducing the costs.
- Added a CI/CD pipeline for several apps to automate deployments in the cloud, allowing the team to release on demand, effectively incrementing the team's delivery speed.
- Developed an integration to accept credit card payments from several merchant account providers. Payments were associated with online orders and enabled refund and void operations. This allowed the company to release an MVP to production.
- Developed an integration to submit ACH payments to bank accounts. Payments were associated with billing statements for restaurants and supported cancel and retry operations, allowing the company to adopt a commission-based business model.
- Added a custom IVR or phone call flow for restaurants to suggest customers on hold to order online instead of placing a telephone order.
- Built a reporting dashboard to track the metrics of the internal KPIs.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017Tap to Eat, Inc.
- Assisted in developing a highly available, scalable, and distributed web application that provides a RESTful API for the platform and gives thousands of clients access to the API through web and mobile apps. Used Node.js, MongoDB, Nginx, and AWS.
- Added the global timezone support to an API, efficiently fixing critical bugs.
- Fixed a critical bug during the app's payment checkout flow, helping users continue with the checkout process and payment submission.
- Migrated a MongoDB replica set to a new major version, including code refactoring for the API, keeping the service updated with security fixes and new features.
- Led the development and all major features of a web app for creating custom IVRs for telephone systems that connect to a FreePBX server. This product replaced a third-party provider and allowed the company to save thousands of dollars per month.
- Migrated an outdated express app (API) to the latest dependencies, including code refactoring for major breaking releases, which enabled updating the service with new features from the tech stack.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2015Ripe Media, Inc.
- Assisted the team in developing a static website for the University of Southern California within four weeks.
- Developed a custom dashboard for monthly employee work tracking reports. The dashboard allowed project managers to communicate more efficiently with their clients during their status meetings.
- Created a video streaming cache feature for an Android app. Cache allowed the app to reduce the number of network resources consumed by users.
- Fixed critical bugs on a hybrid Cordova mobile app, unblocking the release to production within the expected timeframe.
- Updated a custom CMS plugin to support a use case not initially provided by the plugin, saving the team development time for an additional plugin.
- Developed a web app for kids to help them acquire reading habits.