Business Intelligence Developer
Lincoln is a developer with over 15 years of experience developing and implementing business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse solutions, SAP ERP solutions, and software along with general web design and development. His expert skillset includes SQL, T-SQL, stored procedures, MS SQL Server & Oracle, data warehouse & ETL, MS SSIS, SSRS/SSAS, Power BI, Microsoft Azure SQL Database, Synapse Analytics, Data Factory, Databricks, Google BigQuery, AWS RDS and RedShift, and Python programming.
ExperienceMicrosoft SQL Server - 15 yearsSQL - 15 yearsETL - 10 yearsData Warehousing - 8 yearsMicrosoft Power BI - 6 yearsAzure Data Factory - 2 yearsAzure SQL Databases - 2 yearsBigQuery - 1 year
SQL, ETL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Google BigQuery, Python, Data Warehousing
The most amazing...
...thing was implementing full BI solutions including a data warehouse, ETL pipeline, and Power BI for companies in New Zealand, Australia, the US, UK, and APAC.
Business Intelligence | ETL Developer | Data Engineer
- Used Power BI and produced data analysis from various perspectives to analyze the Cyber Security Insurance profit, performance, insured clients, brokers, underwriters, etc. This was a Power BI dashboard project with a US cybersecurity insurance business client.
- Worked on a data processing and dashboard construction project with a US call center business client. Used Zoho Analytics to build various dashboards, including call center concurrency, productivity, and billing.
- Contributed to a CRM and data analysis project with a US healthcare business client. Used Microsoft SQL Server and PowerApps, built the patient onboarding and CRM management system, used Power BI, and produced patient and healthcare data analysis dashboard.
- Worked on a report project with Evolution service corporation (US). Used Python and Google Cloud Platform, designed an end-to-end solution to extract data from Typeform via a RESTful API, transform and load data in Google BigQuery, and provide data insights in Power BI.
Senior Reporting Architect
- Built an Azure SQL database and Azure Data Factory solution to get data extracted from online systems including Salesforce, ServiceNow, and Microsoft Office 365 and load data into Azure SQL database for Power BI reporting.
- Implemented a completed BI solution from scratch for OCS New Zealand and Australia, including a data warehouse solution in Microsoft SQL Server, ETL solution in WhereScape RED and SSIS, a reporting solution in SSRS and Power BI cloud platform.
- Designed a data warehouse architecture and integrated data from SAP, Salesforce, concept evolution, quality management, and EnsureFlow systems into a data warehouse with a Kimball star schema model.
- Built several finance dashboards, including revenue-and-gross margin dashboard, trends dashboard, a consolidated P&L report, GR/IR report, debtor report, UK MOR report, balance sheet report, overhead analysis report, and more.
- Developed a range of operation dashboards: Salesforce pipeline dashboard, a customer dashboard (new and lost), concept evolution dashboards, a quality management dashboard, and an AU EnsureFlow dashboard.
- Created Power BI dashboards that provided information, analysis, and reporting on a range of topics such as finance, employee, health, and safety, for Air New Zealand, New Zealand airports, New Zealand Police, The City Council, Coca-Cola, and others.
- Developed HR and health-and-safety dashboards that analyzed employee retention, visa, gender, age, nationality, absence, and attendance, leave balance and liability, health and safety, TRIFR, and more.
- Collaborated closely with the finance and operation leadership team and completed financial and operational data digital transformation project, which brought unprecedented transparency into business and turned business into a data-driven business.
- Introduced a New Zealand and Australia business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse solution to group UK headquarter and other countries like Thailand.
- Won the award as the best support person/team in OCS Australia and New Zealand in 2019.
Business Intelligence Developer
IAG New Zealand
- Designed a new Power BI customer experience dashboard which included automating the ETL data to an SQL Server data warehouse and producing dashboards in Power BI to report on customer summaries, growth, and retention.
- Migrated an employee leave-and-performance Access database into an SQL Server data warehouse as well as Excel reports into Power BI dashboards and made users switch from Excel to a new Power BI platform seamlessly.
- Provided efficient data support for the delivery team and helped them solve the eDoc issue and minimize the impact on customers.
- Rewarded with the quarterly TOA in IAG for outstanding work contributed to customer experience Power BI dashboard and received multiple instant TOAs from team members and stakeholders due to continuous and excellent support and collaboration.
- Introduced Agile project management into the team, set up a Kanban board, and implemented the BI and analytics software development lifecycle (SDLC) process and source code control.
Business Intelligence Developer
Orion Health New Zealand
- Migrated and designed the conforming dimensions of the business unit, cost center, employee (Type 2 SCD), which became “the source of truth” for BU, CC, and every employee in the entire company.
- Built a CX self-service BI solution from scratch which provided insights for the marketing team and business improvement team to analyze the customer's experience (CX) including customer feedback as well as net promoter score.
- Automated “Blue Sheet” in a CRM which provided convenience for the sales team to print an integrated “Blue Sheet” from the CRM directly, improved efficiency and accuracy, and reduced manual errors.
- Developed SSRS reports including personal development plan report, department moves report (a data-driven subscription), product license maintenance report, Oracle prepayment and interface exception report, and CRM usage report.
Business Analyst | Report Writer
- Implemented Microsoft BI platforms for the organization which made reporting much more flexible and powerful by integrating and combining SAP and CRM data into a data warehouse; we reduced reporting costs by switching from SAP to Microsoft.
- Delivered a turn-earn index report and provided insights to the management team about turnover, costs, and profit; it also highlighted situations where high margins compensate for low inventory turns.
- Automated a range of sales reports (daily, monthly, quarterly, years) and provided real-time and accurate sales figures to management team as well as reducing manual work.
- Developed a wheel kit web interface and reports and enabled branch users to easily search for wheel kits faster; it also protected wheel kit data to be viewed securely with download, export and print functionalities were disabled.
- Integrated customer and address data between the CRM and SAP which ensured data consistency and accuracy.
- Delivered CRM offline functionality which enabled sales reps to enter data offline to the CRM system when they visited customers on-site and had poor network connection.
Business Intelligence Consultant
- Delivered the SKYCITY Australia Darwin and Adelaide labor reports project which included extracting data (WhereScape RED) from PeopleSoft and MicroStar Workforce to an Oracle data warehouse and produced reports in SAP Business Objects.
- Won a contract extension for Fulcrum Decision due to my outstanding consulting work in SKYCITY.
- Consulted on BI for Carter Holt Harvey and provided support, maintenance, and enhancement to an existing data warehouse, ETL processes, and reports. Received high satisfaction from customers.
Senior ERP System and BI Developer
Asia Pulp & Paper
- Worked in Japan and Hong Kong and implemented the SAP Business One ERP system for the Japan and Hong Kong branches including master data, sales and purchase and finance modules, as well as customized functionalities.
- Implemented BI solutions in the Japan and Hong Kong branches including a data warehouse and SQL ETL to integrate data from SAP Business One to a data warehouse and SSRS reporting automation.
- Delivered more than 200 BI dashboards and reports to Japan and Hong Kong branches as well as heaps of customizations and enhancements.
- Automated selling expense allocation and provided insights for the finance and management team to view revenue vs. cost and margin on each customer and sales order and knew customer profitability.
- Completed an EDI integration between SAP Business One and various customer systems; also created customer sales analysis and forecast reports based on customer data from EDI.
- Installed, maintained, and administered the Microsoft SQL Server database and reporting services for the Japan and Hong Kong branches.
- Contributed to the development of MES systems for BenQ manufacturing factories.
- Helped to develop the MES summary data system which collected and summarized manufacturing data from Mexico and Czech factories into China headquarters.
- Participated in BenQ and SIEMENS EDI data integration project.
- Developed a schema manager tool and won first prize in competition; this tool could automate the script generation of multiple databases by designing visualized schemas in Excel.
Australia and New Zealand SAP Finance Reporting Project
Global Salesforce and ServiceNow Cloud Data Warehouse and Reporting Project
Customer Dashboard Project
Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel, WhereScape RED, BigQuery, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Access
Kimball Methodology, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Data Science
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server 2017, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Azure SQL Databases, PostgreSQL, Database Administration (DBA)
Data Warehousing, SQL Server 2019, Data Engineering, Data, Architecture, Business Intelligence (BI) Platforms, DAX, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Analytics, Excel Macros, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, SAP, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, Azure SQL Data Warehouse (SQL DW), Microsoft Power Automate, Machine Learning, Oracle Autonomous Database, ServiceNow, Customer Success
ServiceNow REST API
Bachelor's Degree in Information Engineering
Central South University - Changsha, China
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2019 Certified Specialist
Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014