Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineering Developer
Luca is a highly passionate software architect who loves delivering applications written in Python or TypeScript. He has substantial experience with the Google Cloud platform, enabling Luca to deploy projects within the most suitable Cloud environments. Python and TypeScript are his languages of choice while using tools like Django, NextJS, Flask, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy, BeautifulSoup, Node.js, React, Docker, and Terraform.
Google Cloud, Python, TypeScript, Beautiful Soup, Proxy Servers, Next.js, PostgreSQL, Django, FastAPI, Apache Kafka
The most amazing...
...project I've built was a serverless pipeline that automates exchanges for a fashion eCommerce company, saving them over €1.1 million per year in manual labor.
Earlybird Venture Capital
- Built a web-scraping system to parse website data to structured JSON.
- Developed a web-crawling and scraping system that enables us to scrape social platforms using mobile proxies.
- Created the local-storage architecture of our Next.js EagleEye app using Zustand.
- Implemented the tRPC API endpoints for our web app.
- Led the hiring of seven engineers. Spearheaded the bi-weekly sprint planning and quarterly OKR planning.
- Was in charge of stakeholder management. Consolidated feedback and ideas from our general partners and delivered on deadlines.
- Designed dozens of database models for our PostgresDB.
- Led the development of a programming-language agnostic code library with our monorepo.
- Designed and implemented a serverless Python pipeline to automate order exchanges and refunds, saving the company over 750,000 Euros per year. Deployed the pipeline through a Google Cloud function.
- Designed and implemented a serverless Python pipeline to handle transactional emailing to more than one million customers in five languages, including order data. This pipeline was designed to keep our customers up-to-date with their order status.
- Designed and implemented a React web app and Node.js back end using TypeScript for our inbound logistics team to monitor and administrate changes to our product stock. The apps were deployed using a serverless Google Cloud Run instance.
- Designed and implemented a serverless Python pipeline to automatically update product photos in our webshop. Whenever our graphics team would make changes to a G-Drive folder, the pipeline would get invoked and upload the photos to the right places.
CTO & Founder
- Designed and implemented a serverless mobile app developed with React Native and TypeScript for coffee enthusiasts to collect loyalty points at their local coffee shops using a QR Codes.
- Designed and implemented Python Flask, which would serve the mobile app mentioned above. Requests include adding loyalty points to customers' wallets and processing actual payment using Apple Pay and Stripe.
- Designed and implemented a mobile App for local shops and businesses to initiate loyalty transactions through their iPad terminals. The company-facing app was also created using React Native and TypeScript.
Machine Learning and Data Engineer
- Designed and implemented a net of 142 hierarchical organized multi-layer-perceptrons to tag a given text with the most accurate categories provided a hierarchical category tree. The architecture was implemented using Python and a Doc2Vec model.
- Developed Web Crawlers to analyze legal business information and extract their blog and news subpages to include those texts into Innolofts business news feed.
- Monitored and extracted business information from the Crunchbase API and piped fresh data entries into Innolofts SQL database.
Data Scraping, Web Scraping, PDF Scraping, Software Architecture, Software Engineering, Serverless, SSH, Strategy, Google Cloud Build, Google Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, Machine Learning, tRPC, Engineering Management, IT Project Management, Proxy Servers, FastAPI
Flask, React Native, Next.js, Django
Node.js, Pandas, React, Scikit-learn, Beautiful Soup
PyCharm, Slack, Git, Jira, GitHub, Webpack, Bitbucket, Confluence, BigQuery
Test-driven Development (TDD), Scrum
MacOS, Firebase, Docker, Apache Kafka
Google Cloud, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Firebase Realtime Database
Master's Degree in Computer Science
RWTH Aachen University - Aachen, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
RWTH Aachen University - Aachen, Germany
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring