AWS/Python Developer2020 - 2020Freelance (Three Month Project for Startup in the Education Sector)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pandas, Django REST Framework, Amazon Cognito, Django, Tika, AWS Lambda, Data Extraction, AWS, Python 3, Vue.js
- Developed Lambdas in Python to extract data from PDF files using Apache Tika, PyMuPDF, PDF2text, and more.
- Developed API in Django Rest Framework for data management with custom filters using Elasticsearch on AWS.
- Developed front end in Vue.js with Amplify, integrated with DRF back end.
- Managed app deployment, hosting on AWS using Elastic Beanstalk, Chalice, Amplify, and AWS Cognito.
- Setup environment on AWS: VPC networking, Elasticsearch service, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53, S3, Lambda, AWS Cognito.
Python Developer2019 - 2020GFT Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pandas, Django REST Framework, Python 3, Spark, PCF, Linux, Jenkins, PySpark, Docker, GraphQL, Django, Python
- Developed GraphQL API for top European Fintech - Python, Django, graphene.
- Discovered and fixed performance issues related to Celery and database operations. Built user notification modules.
- Developed PySpark ETL jobs for one of the largest financial institutions.
- Set up a project from scratch from repository creation to Git hooks, CI/CD, and deployment.
- Developed REST API for datasets management using Python, FastAPI.
- Supported application deployment to Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Created unit and integration tests for PySpark ETL jobs and FastAPI app.
- Conducted cross-team Python learning sessions for a group of 50-100 developers and analysts. Topics included Core Python, clean code, and git webhooks.
Python Developer2018 - 2019Appriss
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pandas, Django REST Framework, Python 3, Web Scraping, Web Crawlers, Docker, SQL, Scrapy, Django, AWS, Python
- Developed a Django app integrated with the Jira platform to support the development of the web scraping software.
- Developed ETL scripts to process complex incarceration data.
- Migrated ETL scripts from AWS Lambda functions to on-premise Rancher + Docker environment.
- Created over 150 web scraping spiders in Scrapy (Python).
- Developed unit and integration tests. Performed code reviews.
- Created data dashboards in Dash (Python), to present web scraping results stats.
- Migrated data from external PDF, Excel, and Docx files to on-premise systems.
Python Developer2015 - 2018Vacancysoft
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pandas, Django REST Framework, Python 3, Web Scraping, Web Crawlers, Celery, RabbitMQ, Selenium, Scrapy, Django, Python
- Developed a core web scraping system to gather data about the latest job offers in Europe.
- Replaced a third-party web scraping and data processing software with Python applications.
- Automated various operations processes in Python, Celery, and Django. Moved existing Linux scripts to a more maintainable Python environment.
- Introduced CI/CD to automatically deploy Celery applications.
- Developed extract transform load (ETL) pipelines in Celery and RabbitMQ.
- Provided in-house training to junior developers on topics like ETL, Python, and SQL.
- Developed job title classifier in Python + NLTK library.
Developer2017 - 2017DreamLab
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Node.js
- Developed web applications for one of the biggest media groups in Poland.
- Prepared data migration scripts for articles data stored on Solr.
- Developed web app components in jQT, Less, and Node.js.