iOS Developer2021 - PRESENTMedical Software Company
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Xcode, API Integration
- Contributed to an app used in the production of COVID-19 vaccines and other medications. The name is redacted for security reasons.
- Developed several central components of the iOS app.
- Maintained government and company-wide security protocols for public health and safety purposes.
Lead iOS Developer2021 - PRESENTTempus Ex Machina
Technologies: iOS, Swift, GraphQL, Xcode, API Integration, Sockets
- Led a team of four iOS developers in building multiple apps using Tempus Ex's proprietary sports-related technology.
- Gave feedback to the company about the API and suggested improvements.
- Participated in live troubleshooting during sporting events.
Senior iOS Developer2020 - 2021Opul Beauty
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Stripe, Firebase, GraphQL, Apollo, Xcode, API Integration, Animation, Design
- Built Opul Beauty's iOS app. Opul Beauty connected high-end makeup artists, hairstylists, nail artists, and fashion stylists with customers in need of their services.
- Collaborated extensively with the designer to create a beautiful app with both form and function, as the job was heavily design- and animation-focused.
- Worked alongside a back-end developer to help design the GraphQL back end.
Lead iOS Developer2017 - 2019Rallybound
Technologies: iOS, Git, Swift, Objective-C, Fastlane, CocoaPods, Scripting, Ruby, Core Data, Xcode, White Labeling
- Conducted the iOS facelift, updating the UI and functionality, converting the legacy app's Objective-C code into Swift, and coordinating tasks with the mobile lead. Rallybound provided nonprofits with digital fundraising solutions.
- Developed the ability to configure multiple targets for multiple clients since the app was white-labeled. Then I coded Fastlane scripts in Ruby to automate screenshot capture, Git updates, Jira updates, and deployment for both iOS and Android.
- Made many UX, UI, and feature decisions, collaborating with the back-end developers and working with an Android developer to help convert the iOS app to Android.
iOS Developer2017 - 2018Grander
Technologies: iOS, Swift, AVFoundation, Firebase, Xcode, Push Notifications, Apple Push Notifications, In-app Purchases
- Added features, fixes, and updates to the original Grander iOS app. Grander connected aspiring gymnasts and fans to the greatest gymnasts in the world and minds in the sports industry.
- Added safety measures into the app to better protect the primarily underage user base as they used the social media components of the app.
- Implemented in-app purchase capabilities to facilitate the sale of bonus content.
Interim CTO and Senior iOS Developer2017 - 2017RYSE UP
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Core Video, Firebase, AVFoundation, Xcode, Core Data, Push Notifications, Apple Push Notifications, Animation
- Built the first version of the RYSE UP iOS app. RYSE UP paired emerging artists and the world’s top talent.
- Served as the interim CTO, attended meetings with investors, and made technical decisions for the company.
- Played a large part in the design process as the app was heavily design-focused.
iOS Developer2016 - 2017Markett
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Stripe, Firebase, Google Login, Facebook Login, REST, Alamofire, YouTube API, Xcode, API Integration, Design, Animation, Core Data
- Developed the iOS version of Markett's web application. Markett helped influencers earn money marketing their favorite brands through their social media channels.
- Performed an extensive integration of the back end, using Firebase authentication and setting up payments with the Stripe API and data caching.
- Converted Markett's web design to suit a mobile format and designed several complex animations.
iOS Developer2016 - 2016Emogify
Technologies: Swift, MessagePack, Custom Keyboards, In-app Purchases, Xcode
- Acted as the sole iOS developer for Emogify, an app that allowed users to send animated emojis via either the Messages app or custom keyboard.
- Used the Messages framework introduced in iOS 10 and separately created an app to support the custom keyboard; then handled in-app purchases for both.
- Overcame the major challenge of this app — devising a folder structure capable of allowing a non-technical administrator the ability to update the emogifs (combination of emojis and GIFs) and still maintain their UI categorizations.
Lead iOS Developer2015 - 2016Tallscreen
Technologies: Swift, REST, Twilio, Firebase, APNs, Video Streaming, Video Editing, Social Media Apps, Xcode, API Integration, AVFoundation, Animation, Push Notifications, Apple Push Notifications
- Served as the lead developer for Tallscreen, a video collaboration app. I programmed approximately 99% of the front end and managed back-end development.
- Made REST API calls and set up Firebase authentication.
- Displayed customizable user profiles throughout various points in the app.
- Implemented video streaming to display user videos and video sharing via social media channels.
- Set up APNS certificates and handled push notifications.
- Implemented dynamic video and image cropping and manipulation.
- Created a user chat feature backed by Twilio Messaging.
- Focused heavily on implementing the complex animations and detailed designs provided by the app designer.
iOS Developer2015 - 2015BeautifulBook
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Xcode, Core Data, Core Text, Memory Management, Design
- Acted as the sole iOS developer for BeautifulBook, an app that allows users to view classic novels within various templates.
- Implemented a customizable user interface that supported various fonts, colors, and layouts.
- Backgrounded memory-intensive operations related to the iOS Core Text framework.