Verified Expert in Engineering
API Integration Developer
Lyndsey graduated from Amherst College as a computer science major and has been a freelance iOS developer for the past 6+ years. She’s ranked in the top 1% of question answerers on Stack Overflow; she wrote tutorials as part of the raywenderlich.com iOS team and made video tutorials for kids co-starring with the likes of Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. Lyndsey has been featured by CNN, BBC, and Forbes for her computer programming skills and efforts to promote diversity in tech.
Xcode, Firebase, Fastlane, GraphQL, REST, iOS, Swift, Objective-C
The most amazing...
...software project I've worked on this past year has allowed me to contribute to international vaccine production efforts.
Medical Software Company
- Contributed to an app used in the production of COVID-19 vaccines and other medications. The name is redacted for security reasons.
- Developed several central components of the iOS app.
- Maintained government and company-wide security protocols for public health and safety purposes.
Lead iOS Developer
Tempus Ex Machina
- Led a team of four iOS developers in building multiple apps using Tempus Ex's proprietary sports-related technology.
- Gave feedback to the company about the API and suggested improvements.
- Participated in live troubleshooting during sporting events.
Senior iOS Developer
- Built Opul Beauty's iOS app. Opul Beauty connected high-end makeup artists, hairstylists, nail artists, and fashion stylists with customers in need of their services.
- Collaborated extensively with the designer to create a beautiful app with both form and function, as the job was heavily design- and animation-focused.
- Worked alongside a back-end developer to help design the GraphQL back end.
Lead iOS Developer
- Conducted the iOS facelift, updating the UI and functionality, converting the legacy app's Objective-C code into Swift, and coordinating tasks with the mobile lead. Rallybound provided nonprofits with digital fundraising solutions.
- Developed the ability to configure multiple targets for multiple clients since the app was white-labeled. Then I coded Fastlane scripts in Ruby to automate screenshot capture, Git updates, Jira updates, and deployment for both iOS and Android.
- Made many UX, UI, and feature decisions, collaborating with the back-end developers and working with an Android developer to help convert the iOS app to Android.
- Added features, fixes, and updates to the original Grander iOS app. Grander connected aspiring gymnasts and fans to the greatest gymnasts in the world and minds in the sports industry.
- Added safety measures into the app to better protect the primarily underage user base as they used the social media components of the app.
- Implemented in-app purchase capabilities to facilitate the sale of bonus content.
Interim CTO and Senior iOS Developer
- Built the first version of the RYSE UP iOS app. RYSE UP paired emerging artists and the world’s top talent.
- Served as the interim CTO, attended meetings with investors, and made technical decisions for the company.
- Played a large part in the design process as the app was heavily design-focused.
- Developed the iOS version of Markett's web application. Markett helped influencers earn money marketing their favorite brands through their social media channels.
- Performed an extensive integration of the back end, using Firebase authentication and setting up payments with the Stripe API and data caching.
- Converted Markett's web design to suit a mobile format and designed several complex animations.
- Acted as the sole iOS developer for Emogify, an app that allowed users to send animated emojis via either the Messages app or custom keyboard.
- Used the Messages framework introduced in iOS 10 and separately created an app to support the custom keyboard; then handled in-app purchases for both.
- Overcame the major challenge of this app — devising a folder structure capable of allowing a non-technical administrator the ability to update the emogifs (combination of emojis and GIFs) and still maintain their UI categorizations.
Lead iOS Developer
- Served as the lead developer for Tallscreen, a video collaboration app. I programmed approximately 99% of the front end and managed back-end development.
- Made REST API calls and set up Firebase authentication.
- Displayed customizable user profiles throughout various points in the app.
- Implemented video streaming to display user videos and video sharing via social media channels.
- Set up APNS certificates and handled push notifications.
- Implemented dynamic video and image cropping and manipulation.
- Created a user chat feature backed by Twilio Messaging.
- Focused heavily on implementing the complex animations and detailed designs provided by the app designer.
- Acted as the sole iOS developer for BeautifulBook, an app that allows users to view classic novels within various templates.
- Implemented a customizable user interface that supported various fonts, colors, and layouts.
- Backgrounded memory-intensive operations related to the iOS Core Text framework.
Optical Character Recognition Tutorialhttps://www.raywenderlich.com/2010498-tesseract-ocr-tutorial-for-ios
Swift, GraphQL, Objective-C, Java, C++, MIPS, Ruby
Xcode, Fastlane, Git, Apple Push Notifications
iOS, Firebase, Twilio
Programming, API Integration, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Neural Networks, Compilers, Circuit Diagrams, Robotics, APNs, Video Streaming, Video Editing, Social Media Apps, MessagePack, Custom Keyboards, In-app Purchases, Google Login, AVFoundation, Scripting, Apollo, OCR, Tesseract, Memory Management, Design, Animation, Push Notifications, White Labeling
Core Video, Core Data, Core Text
Stripe, Facebook Login, Alamofire, YouTube API, CocoaPods, Sockets
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Amherst College - Amherst, MA