Verified Expert in Engineering
Maicon has enjoyed a great passion for computer programming since the age of 15. He is currently focused on building mobile apps. He loves the challenge of solving complex problems and creating truly innovative solutions.
Unity3D, Android Studio, Xcode, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've completed is a 3D photo sharing album app I wrote as a lead developer. I was responsible for everything from cloud synchronization to 3D rendering.
Lead iOS/Android Developer
- Built computer vision technology used to sync videos.
- Integrated with Firebase remote database.
- Built the front-end using Storyboards.
- Built low-level code for playing videos.
- Integrated with AWS S3 API.
Lead iOS Developer
- Built an app front-end using Storyboards and Swift.
- Interacted with a back-end REST API.
- Implemented a camera solution to detect faces.
- Profiled and performance-optimized code.
- Researched and developed computer vision techniques.
- Created a synchronization framework for persisting local and remote data, enabling the user to see things both online and offline (Core Data <-> Cloud).
- Built several common social features including liking, commenting, attaching media, etc.
- Handled UI programming using storyboards and custom XIB files (+30 screens).
- Built code for 3D rendering and shading (OpenGL, GLSL).
- Integrated with several SDKs for cloud, social, and analytics support.
- Built a rather complex infrastructure to allow anonymous users to make use of the app almost as extensively as registered users.
- Built all code for storing remote data using a parse cloud solution.
- Wrote some back-end code on PHP to support the app.
- Ported the iOS app to Android.
Course Coordinator, Instructor
- Coordinated an iOS/Objective-C course.
- Coordinated a Unity3D course.
- Coordinated a Game Design course.
- Taught classes on Android development.
- Built a system for an iOS auto-updating its contents through FTP.
- Created a security and authentication mechanism for an enterprise only app.
- Built a smart and efficient image loading procedure to support very large resolutions (>6K).
- Created an efficient way for showing up to several thousand images at the same time.
Web Developer, C++ Developer
DFL Consultoria LTDA
- Built several web applications supporting the standard create/read/update/delete operations.
- Created a tool to automatically generate web forms directly from database structure.
- Built a low level C/C++ application working with physical access control hardware.
- Created a persistence framework for PHP.
- Created a user interface framework for PHP.
Dakota Enterprise App
Some of the key technologies we did utilize: Objective-C, Core Dat, network programming, ftp access, strong memory optimization.
Saccaro HD/Saccaro iOS app
The app was coded on Objective-C and featured support for very high resolution images (up to 6K x 6K), which make it necessary to build very optimized data and visualization structures to the app behave nicely within device's memory constraints.
Flying Princess iOS game
Course Coordinator of iOS programming course
Real-time refraction through deformable objects ACM I3D Siggraph paper
Core Data, Unity3D, Core Media, AssetsLibrary, GLKit, Media Player, Unity
Parse SDK, TensorFlow, Facebook iOS SDK
Xcode, Android Studio, Eclipse IDE
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Concurrent Programming, Asynchronous Programming, Agile Software Development
iOS, Android, MacOS
AVFoundation, Cloud Computing, Cloud, Cloud Engineering, Shaders
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
UFRGS - Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil